Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ The Return ❯ Just A Dream... ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"Chihiro…"

A voice floated through the chilly night air and made me freeze. It was a strangely familiar accent.

"Chihiro…"

The voice called again. "W-what do you want?" I stammered in response.

"Help…"

My window was open a crack for fresh air, and I had been snuggled up in an electric blanket. But now I was frightened. I quickly got out of my bed to shut the pane, telling myself over and over that it was just a dream. Before I had reached the glass, though, it smashed into thousands of glistening pieces. A gust of wind blew back my plain white sleeping gown and made my legs form gigantic goosebumps. Hearing a thunderous roar, I glanced upward and saw Haku coming toward me in dragon form. I opened my arms happily to him, but right when he was close enough to hug, his aqua fur turned red and orange. His eyes became a bottomless black hue. He bared his teeth at me and slowly inched forward…

I woke up with a small yelp. My hair was plastered to my head, just as my gown was to my body. I was drenched and still terrified, but I did know one thing. Something wasn't right in the Spirit world. And I was going to go fix it.