Star Wars - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Jedi-Knight Luexi-Kan ❯ Prologue

[ A - All Readers ]

The buzz of the lightsaber as it was ignited was the only sound that penetrated the darkness of the cave. Jedi Knight Luexi-Kan walked slowly and with purpose as he stalked the being that he had been following for the past three weeks. Wearing his orders robes, his green blade producing the only light in the vast chamber, he slowed his pace to a crawl.
“I can sense you thief! Your romp in the temple did not go unnoticed and I know you have stolen something very important from us. Come out quietly and I will release you when I am through questioning you.”
Luexi-Kan stood motionless staring past the hum and green of his blade into the pitch blackness, probing with his mind. Suddenly leaping to the side he barely managed to escape the jaw of his large dog-like attacker which lunged from the darkness. Standing and raising his blade to guard, the creature studied him as he studied it. A keen intelligence could be seen in his eyes as it calculated its next move. Running at the `on guard' Jedi Knight it leaped and snapped at his head. Ducking and stabbing upward he managed to skewer the thing as it attempted to behead him.
“Well negotiations are over.”
Suddenly, lashing out with unnatural speed, he snatched at the air above him.
“You, my little green friend have given me quite a run,” he said to the small green, winged creature he clutched in his hand as a small smile crept across his face, “and its time to finish now I'm afraid.”
Reaching past the creatures hands, which were clutching to its chest protectively, he pulled forth a small crystal. Green in colouring and absorbing the light that was produced from his own lightsaber, he placed the small crystal into a pouch at his waist.
“Now to follow through on our agreement my small thief as you have helped me keep my young apprentice very happy,” releasing the creature, it promptly flew away into the darkness. No blood was around the body of the ceature which had attacked him as the lightsaber would have cauterised the wound immediately. Snapping his blade back to the hilt, Jedi Knight Luexi-Kan walked back through the darkness to where his ship and droid awaited him.