Star Wars - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Star Wars The Force Unleashed: A Fragile Hope ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
A Fragile Hope

Prologue
Damnation
The last thing he remembered was darkness, he remembered feeling the tremble in the Force when the blade plunged into Vader’s heart and ended his life, he remembered the pain, the cold realization of what he had done and the terrible consequences that led to his eternal descent to the dark side. In his dreams, he saw Juno Eclipse screaming in terror as she lost control of the Rogue Shadow.
“No...NO!” He cried out.
He saw the Emperor casting the ship on top of him, an attack that should have killed him, but the Sith lord wouldn’t allow it. His body had been salvaged, bound to cold steel and circuitry to keep it from dying. He remembered the Emperor speaking to him, condemning his destiny to a life of blind servitude to a man who had taken away everything.
“You had such promise.” He spoke, “You could have been my successor, my equal. But no…I still have enemies to find and destroy. You will do my bidding, until I find a new apprentice. And then, like Vader, you will be cast aside.”
As he realized the creature he had become, the creature he had faced once within the ruins of the Jedi temple, he heard its cruel, mocking voice in his head.
“You can never escape me…”
He then screamed in horror and despair. For now, he was no longer Galen Marek, no longer the Jedi that his father longed for him to be. He wasn’t the man that Juno loved and died for, no longer a man…only a monster. He was now Starkiller, the personal assassin for the Emperor. With his humanity lost, there was only the dark side.