Stargate: Atlantis Fan Fiction / Avatar The Last Airbender Fan Fiction / Stargate SG1 Fan Fiction ❯ Universegate ❯ Chapter Six ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: This is a parody inspired by the works of Nickelodeon and Sci-fi Channel. All characters that I have not created or borrowed from other sources are theirs. This is a Fan fiction and not meant to violate the rights of those who own the rights to the Avatar:The Last Airbender or the various Stargate Series. I have no money and therefore not a good suing target. Thank you very much.

Universegate

Chapter Six

Hadad, formerly known as Ba'al, kept his eyes on the holographic display of the world which had just gained a new set of inhabitants. Only a short time ago, people had emerged from the Stargate and began to explore from there to other worlds. Each one of them looking for advance technologies which they could capture and use, for purpose unknown to the majority of De'vas. Except for one of them.

'The information I have gather from my original universe about this one seems to have been proven right again. The exiles from the world the Tau'ri have allied with have settled in on this abandoned planet, looking for the technologies to allow them to retake their homeworld from the forces of the Avatar. Perfect pawns for my game of total control I have been playing for millenium.' thought the Emperor of Heaven as he remembered the centuries upon centuries he had worked to rebuild a Goa'uld empire in this universe. One with both successes and failures, with raise of De'vas and Asur'ras.

'However, thanks to the people of that world I know what kind of people these humans are. Ruthless and without mercy, filled with angry and hatred as well as other darker emotions. In essence, humans with the same kind of personalities as Goa'uld. Which makes them useful for my own Avatar problems, to gain the power over all four elements which they can control. So far, all I have is some technological devices which would allow one to mimic the ability to control the elements or a few of my species which hold the telekinetic powers of the beings of this universe.' The limits of what it was that he could control did fill him with frustration, especially since he had all of this time to have moved forward.

'The question of what to do is which gambit I should use to gain the use of these humans? The desire advance weaponry and we do have that, so it makes some of the troubles of convincing them to join with us so much easier. There is just my needs which have to be fulfilled, one for a host for my newest subjects. From the records I have on the collective of this group there is at least one of them who might be traded for these powers. The princess Azula to be given to me as one of my queens in exchange for an advancement of technology and weapons for their new war. Not my best technology, perhaps only that my Goa'uld brethern had back before the arrival of Anubus. Still, I would get a woman with so much potential, even within her mad state which can be corrected by my scientist.' Hadad started to press the buttons on his throne, activating the direct computer link to the Tablet of Destiny database. He was looking for the best way to interface with the new
Phoenix Empire, to gain the greatest benefit for the least amount of effort. His mind started to move with the planning on their first contact with Emperor Ozai, the best way to manipulate the master manipulater without him noticing. A traditional game for the Goa'uld.

Elsewhere...

Mai was returning to Zuko's apartments within the royal palace, ones which were close to the ones that Zuko had given her for the longest time she spent near him. She had not seen him in the longest time as he had basically locked himself in his quarters since the news of his father's vanishing, only letting in those who would give him updates on the search for his father, sister and their men. Mai had waited for him to come out himself, but now she was sneaking in. Zuko had spent nearly a week in seclusion and it was time for him to return to the world.

She entered the room used as a study and noticed the number of scrolls and texts which lined the desk, along with one of those thinking machines which the Earth Planet People had brought with them. Zuko was there with his head laying on the desk as he slept, the way his body was spraulled out signalling to the possibility he had been working himself to exhastion. The dark garbed woman moved with great silence till she was standing behind the huge chair which the Fire Lord sat, before gently shaking him away. The man woke up slowly as he seemed to be getting his eyes settled on the world around him before noticing his girlfriend.

"Mai, what are you doing here?" he said, partly because he was out of it and partly because of his way with words. Mai had noticed that Zuko, for being the lord of the Fire Nation, still had trouble with what he said from time to time.

"I was worried when neither me or the people of the Fire Nation had seen their Fire Lord for the last week. What have you been up to during all of this time and what's with all the reading?" asked the soft psoken, nearly monotone girl as she looked at the man she cared for.

Zuko pulled back from his desk as numbers of scrolls fell from the desk. He pulled in his lips as he took on a serious tone, "I was trying to solve all of my problems at once, but it looks like I'm not going to solve it this way. My father's disappearance has shown me the work I still have to do in order to change the ways my forefathers had created. The fact there was still so many willing to free my father and go off to restart the great war only proves there is still much work to be done and so little time to do it."

The Fire Lord rose from his seat and continued, "I thought the major problems would have been the work to restructure the army, find jobs for the ex-soliders and try to figure out what to do with the colonies in the Earth Kingdom. The Army was basically taking in anybody they could grab who looked like an able bodied man or woman, so that had to be corrected. Most of the economy of the Fire Nation had been placed in the armed forces, so new jobs had to be found. The second was made easier with the help of Sokka, The Mechanist and the new Stargate Project. I have met with the Earth King and his lesser kings and rulers about the colonies, and a minor treaty was settle which would allow those Fire Nation citizens who wanted to come back to the homeland to be able to while those who wish to stay would become Earth Kingdom subjects. A lot of the final details had to be ironed out, but it was looking hopeful. Then my father and sister escape, possible off the
planet."

"You couldn't predicted that your father would have a Stargate or would have the power to activate it, but then this isn't just about your father." said Mai, using her skills as a woman to study his mood by the dark frown on her love's face or the dimming of his eyes.

"It's the fact people are willing to continue the war when it basically senseless, I was trying to figure out a reason why this would happen. From the files left from the last three Fire Lords plus details of the world of the Earth Planet and it seems to come down to something they call Propaganda. Bascially each person in the Fire Nation, especially the homeland, had been taught to think the same way as my father. To consider him a hero in bring civilization to the barbaric nations of the world. I know understand the most important thing I can do is to show the people the truth of the world, the truth of the other nations. Otherwise when my father returns, he will be able to get the Fire Nation back under his control." said the leader as he looked at the long ranged plans he had to face.

"The main question I have is how can I give them the education I need them to have? It took me going around the world for years, running like a fugitive, turning my back on the only true father I knew and then betraying my nation to save it for me to learn what I needed to know. How can I duplicate that in the villages and cities of the Fire Nation?"

Mai sighed for a moment before she responded, "You can duplicate it, nobody can duplicate another person's life perfectly. You can only give them the chance to experience some of the knowledge you gained by being in contact with other nations. The best way would to invite some of the people of the Water Tribes and the Earth Kingdom to connect with their Fire Nation brothers, so that after all things we are all human. Invite the Avatar to speak and teach to the people of your nation. Tell your stories of your life to others. Most of all, tell the truth. Because if you lie, they might never accept the reality of truth later."

"Thanks Mai... perhaps I should have locked you in the room with me as I think." spoke Zuko as he moved closer to his girlfriend, taking her hands in his as he pulled her gently closer. Lips were just a tantising few inches away.

"I think that's a better idea then the ones you have been thinking about." said Mai as she moved to kiss him before he kissed her.

On another world...

Ozai was giving another fine speech about the conquest of the world they had left behind, after the lack of finding any advance technology since the building of their shelter on the planet they named Ozami. He was in the middle of his words when strange rings seemed to appear around him and then the world vanished in a blaze of light and fire, only for him to emerge in a strange throne room. He looked around to see with the exception of a few guards in strange armour, there was a single man dressed in finely designed robes of unknown make. The strange bearded man was walking towards him and making what seemed to be a welcoming gesture.

"Emperor Ozai of the Phoenix Empire, allow me to introduce myself. I am known as the De'va Hadad, living deity king of my peoples. I have been watching you and gained an interest in you. I believe that we can do much for each other, if you care to work together." said the man as he soon stood face to face with Ozai.

The former Fire Lord looked at the man with suspicion and care, "Why would I want to work with you? I can take care of my own problems."

"Well, for one I can supply you with technological improvements. My people have an advance lead with our science compared to yours, so it would give you the edge in battle. Second, I don't care to rule over a single world when I have an empire of planets of my own. I am quite willing to let you rule a world or more in exchange for some consession. I also have a numbers of methods of returning to you what the Avatar in your world has stolen from you, if you are interested." spoke the man who had called himself Hadad, with a smile on his face as he spoke this.

The Phoenix Emperor was thinking of the words spoken by this 'deity', which were most welcomed to the fire tyrant. Yet there always seemed to be a cost to any gained he seemed to make, as well as the fact there was the Avatar's power to face if he returned home. So carefully he asked the other, "What would be the conditions for this generous gifts you would be giving me?"

"How perceptive of you to make a not of that. There would be condition for my kindness as you say. One would be for you to be willing to hand over certain minerals and peoples for use by empire, yet you would be given much technology created from these minerals and soldiers created from those people. Another would be that the Avatar would be handed over to me so I can conduct experiments in order to give the power over the four elements to those who join forces with me, like yourself." the voice was soft spoken when he said that last part, yet it echo through the mind of the grandson of Sozin.

"You believe that you can grant the powers of an Avatar to anyone you wish? I would have to say to gain that power, I would be willing to invest my resources to gaining such an... ability. Yet wouldn't the spirits of past Avatar prevent it from being used by people like... myself." Ozai was curious about the ability of this being, if he could control this spirit.

"Yes, I currently have an experiment where a couple of my species has gained the abilities of an Avatar. The purpose of the experiment was to change the spirit of the incarnation by the elimination of Avatar Spirit, the host of memories of the spirit aspect of this powerhouse. We have been some what successful, but we have eliminated all personality traits of the Avatar while holding on to all of the information of bending and knowledge of other topics. We merely need a human being to place this new Avatar force in, and I believe that your daughter Azula is perfect." came the answer from Hadad, as he waited for some reaction from the former Fire Lord.

"And why not use me for a test subject? I am sure that I would be more then... acceptible test subject for such an experiment."

"I would love to give you the power of an Avatar to seek vengance against your foes, but you are much to valuable as a ruler and warrior to be used as a test subject. You might be damaged beyond repair if the experiment was to go wrong, and we wouldn't want that. No, Azula would be best after some treatment for her mental problems. We can state you are engaging her as one of my wives as a cover story of this event. Then I can keep an eye on her for all of the troubles which can occur, and then you will be getting your own Avatar powers."

The choice was an unique one, giving his own daughter in exchange for great power and the ability to seek his revenge. Would he really be willing to sacrifice his offspring for a possible death so that he might advance himself? The answer was simple. He spoke, "I am willing to 'engage' my daughter to you... as long as I can take a few wives to replace what I have lost. If I am to rule a number of worlds, I will need a number of bloodlines."

"Yes, you would need a number of children to take up that burden Emperor Ozai. I will be willing to give you a few of my daughters in exchange for your child. I take it that my offer is exceptible. My technology as well as some soliders to help you use it, a number of whom are benders of all four elements, as well as use of a few of my starship fleets. As well as the return of your firebending as well as the future ability to control all four elements. In exchange I recieve the tribute I desire when I need it as well as your daughter in marrage. All payable after the joining ceremony for your daughter, agreeded?" said the man who stood before him.

The Phoneix Emperor was looking at the deal and he could not find anything which was objectionable, besides he could always out think or out wit this so called "deity". The man smiled and shook on the deal struck between the two of them. Ozai continued, "Agreed and I welcome your grand aid."

"Now to discuss much of the materials which I will be giving you to strike terror at your enemies."

A few hours later...

Each side of the conflict between the Republic of the Asur'ras and the Empires of the Dev'as held their spies, yet few had the success of the Asur'ras when they placed one within the main guard of the King of the Dev'as. This guard had be feeding information to the High Command which had been making use of what it could without revealing their spy, yet this was the type of information they had to act on. The experiments on the Ava'uld were dangerous enough, yet these new source of fighters from one of the unaligned worlds could tip the balance if he succeeded in controlling the same said world.

The council of the highest representives of the Asur'ras sat within the first hour of recieving the encoded feed of the guard and now were working on the planning for the next step. Many of those gather held the symbiotes, a few held Avatar powers. All were elected to solve the problems of their peoples. The High Elder of council soon spoke, "We have recieved the information of the experiment of Hadad, including the first test subject whom he wishes to implant with the mind blanked symbiote. He is also making an alliance with the people of unaligned world A2A-0A1."

"We have word from one of the Jafend who has made contact with the people of that world who have rediscovered the Gate of Heaven on their planet. It seems that some of their criminals had managed to gain access to a back up gate and escape their world. These criminals were head of a government which had waged a hundred years war with the rest of their people, including the extermination of all native airbenders. Save one who was the Avatar of that world, who is at work healing this world. They also have seemed to gain access to the original Asur'ras of royalties original kingdom." spoke the Elder of the Military, revealing the reports sent to them.

They all nodded at the possiblities of the Original Asur'ras, from who they gained their names. Legendary demons who had transformed the home kingdom into a hell for the living, at last that was what had been writing in the Ba'do. With such ancient names of Car'tor, Jak'sun, Onel, and the famous demon Jafend Tel'ik... they were all feared by the people who served the Dev'as. It was decided when they split from the corrupt kinsmen, they would claim the name of the demons to empower themselves.

"Perhaps a co-operative mission these people of this world might be necessary. We would not want to put new allies in danger, but these people might be the only ones with the experience to deal with this new fighting force for the Dev'as. Likely this... Phoenix Empire will be pawns for Hadad or perhaps the beginning of a mercenary force, yet this is an unpredictable element in the conflict in the bastard's favour. They might be the only thing to keep the odds balances or even bring about the end of the accursed empire." spoke the High Elder at this information.

"Plus it will give us a chance to make allies with this world as well as the Originals, we will start with this mission since it would benefit both of us. We might also look into seeing if some of the airbenders of our republic might like to settle on this world and speed the recovery of their wound. We should also look at the sharing of the information of how the galaxy is set up at the moment, of course all of this would be based on trust and the result of our mission." spoke the Elder of Diplomacy, as she mentioned the next steps to take with this new force.

"We will respect their choices by asking for their aid in battling the Dev'as. It will take time from the reports to prepare this... Azula for the process given her mental state. Yet it is likely they will move within the week to unite the two of them. If Hadad is successful with his game, he will unlock a force which could change the balance of whole star systems." spoke the High Elder as they all knew the only balance for the advance science of the Tablet of Destiny was the power of the Avatars. Once Hadad held both, there would be no stopping him.