Street Fighter Fan Fiction / Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Adventure 2: SuperNOVA ❯ A Short Duel ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6: A Short Duel
 
Time: 2:00 AM
Place: Hiroshima, Japan
 
In the darkness in the suburbs of Hiroshima, there lies a hill region that is also a memorial of the many Japanese who died in the atomic blast back in World War II. A young man looks on the horizon. Thinking of what he did back when he met Cammy, Jin took the time to reflect his actions and what he must do. He feels the wind blowing by. While he was focused, he also took the time to remember those who died in the atomic explosion.

Little did Jin know that it was also a haunted ground with ghosts running amok and spirits being awake at night. “Oh God!” he thought to himself, “Kaori would hate to see me like this. I'm hungry, cold and... so damn afraid!”
Miles away back in Tokyo, Kaori and Sakura attacked each other with feet and fists. The two fighters are like scorpions, clawing at each other and evading each other with eternal swiftness. Every punch was blocked, countered and evaded. Every kick was pretty much the same.
After a short while, the two fighters were tired like two cars running out of fuel. Then, one of the fighters began to speak.
Kaori said, “Wow... You fight like my mother. I'm rather impressed.”
Then, she concluded something. A revelation that Kaori overlooked and that she never thought about until now. “Wait a minute... You ARE my mother! I thought you died!”
“I don't have time to accept your revelation, Kaori!” Sakura cried, “I have more important matters to attend to.”
“Wait!” Kaori cried, “That was you! You stole a Chaos Emerald! You destroyed a city area! You killed innocent people! Why are you doing this?!”
“Why do I have to tell you everything?!” Sakura cried, “I obviously do not have to explain everything to you!”
Kaori was mad and she screamed, “ENOUGH!!! YOU ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE UNTIL YOU EXPLAIN EVERYTHING TO ME AND ACCEPT THE FACT THAT YOU'RE MY MOTHER!!!”
After several seconds, she cries, “Fine! Have it your way!” Kaori rushes after Sakura!
Sakura pulls out the Chaos Emerald. Kaori quickly sees it. Then, Sakura drops into a horse stance. Flames covered her body like someone was on fire. Sakura cries, “Chaos... Control!!!”
Flames blew in Kaori's direction, but she was not burned! Unfortunately, Sakura disappeared from Kaori's sights. She looks around, thinking “Where did she go? I know she used a Chaos Emerald to teleport somewhere else. I still can't believe that I saw my mom... and for so long...”
“Oh, Kaori!” someone cried, “Are you looking for me?”
Kaori looks up at a building. Sakura looks down on her! “What's wrong with you?” she cries, “Gee, Kaori. You are slower than I thought.”
“No way...” Kaori was astonished.
“Listen up, Kaori!” Sakura continues, “You will not get anywhere with you being weak. You still realize that you have two days left on this planet. I will now take my leave.”
“Farewell.” She says before she disappears in hellfire.
Kaori looks up at the moon and thinks “Oh my God. Why is my mother doing this? I know I never did whatever I cited. There must be a reason for this chaos.”
“FREEZE, KAORI GONZALEZ!” someone cried,

She looks around. Soldiers surrounded her with guns pointed at her. She was no match for them this time. “Oh no!” Kaori silently said, “I can't believe this. I guess I have no choice but to surrender.”
Back in the condominium, the red-uniformed girl still listened to the radio. “After several hours of cat and mouse and exceptional teamwork of Tokyo Police, Kaori Gonzalez has finally been detained.” The radio voice continued, “It is confirmed by the Emperor of Japan that she will be brought into custody and be sent to Prison Island. Further charges may be impending upon further investigation.”
“I don't believe this...” the girl cried, “How can Kaori do this? I don't believe that she did ANY of this! There's no way I'm accepting this fact unless I know the truth!”
She turns around and looks at the new machine. “HDV 9000, you're going to make some changes.” She says

So, she decided to add guns, missiles and cannons to her already created machine. She also put a transforming mechanism that will change it into a fighter jet and back. She also put a gold plate on the machine. It said “Athena Asamiya.”
In the apartment complex, Tai and Sora, after hearing the news, decided to assist Kaori in her time of need... again. They called out their Digimon into the real world. Two beams of light jumped from their home computer and onto the floor. Their forms slowly took shape.
The yellow creature looks up and sees his partner. The pink bird-like creature with a leg ring looks up and sees her master. They both smiled.
One began to speak. “Tai!” the yellow monster cried,
“Agumon!” Tai cried, “How are you doing?”
“I'm fine, Tai!” Agumon replied, “What's going on? Why do you need us?”
“A friend of ours is in trouble.” Sora answers, “We'll tell you along the way.”
“You can count on us.” The pink bird replies, whose name is Biyomon. “We're always there to help you, but to help someone you know is also like helping one of you guys!”
“We have no time to waste!” Tai cries, “We leave now!”