Street Fighter Fan Fiction / Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Adventure 2: SuperNOVA ❯ Ghosts of Hiroshima ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 7: Ghosts of Hiroshima
 
Time: 5:00 AM
Place: Hiroshima, Japan
 
In the early morning light on the memorial hilltop of Hiroshima, Jin is still looking for the piece of the Master Emerald. He was digging, but he was not looking in graves. He was outside of the cemetery when he began to dig. “Oh no!” he cried, “It's not here!”
Then, he thought, “No way! I can't stop now! I have got to keep going! Knowing myself, I never give up my mission!”
“I have got to stay focused.” He continued to think.
He sat down and started meditating. Energy flowed from around him and turned green. He was surrounded with it as he continued meditating. He then began to think, “Spirits of the Master Emerald, guide me through this necropolis and show me a sign of where am I going now.”
The energy was channelled from within his body. Then... it hit him! “Found it!” he cried out loud
“It's somewhere high in one of the monument towers bordering this memorial ground! I can feel it!” he continues
Then, he acknowledges his spiritual guide. “Thank you. I owe you one.”
He then rushes to the monument that he felt the power of the Master Emerald from. Little does he know that someone was watching his every move. “Well... well... if it isn't that hot-headed fighter, Jin Tomoryuzai Daidouji!” he said
He cocks his gun. “Heh... heh... We'll see who reaches the emerald first.”
Jin finally reached the high tower. He began to climb right to the top. As he climbed, he began to say some random sentences. “Gee. I know I practice karate a lot,” he started, “but this is ridiculous, climbing at a 45-degree angle! When this is over, I'm going to ask Kaori to have a nice hot bath with me.”
“Almost there...” he said as his fists reached the top of the monument. He reached up to get his body up until... a gun was pointed at him. “Going somewhere?” someone said,
Jin looked up at his potential assailant. He was nothing more than a purple weasel with a cowboy hat. “What the...” Jin cried, “Nack the Weasel?!”
“What the hell are you doing here?!”
“Silence, fool!” Nack cries, “That name still brings fear to your eyes! The real name is Fang the Hotshot! Get it right next time!”
Fang still had the gun pointed at Jin as he continued to speak, “Word on the street that the Master Emerald is out. Now, tell me where this `Master Emerald' is and I'll promise you a safer grave, Jin.”
“Why the hell is he here?!” Jin thought, “I have no time for this fool!”
“Come on, Jin!” Fang cried out, “I don't have all day! My patience is wearing thin!”
Jin thought of something, and then he said, “Fine. I'll tell you. But... only if you beg.”
“Are you playing games with me?!” Fang cried, “I'll make you pay for your childish behaviour!”
He shoots his weapon... but he missed! Fang thought, “Where did he go?! Was he that dumb to run off like that?”
“Boo.” Someone said from behind Fang. It was Jin!
“What?!” Fang cried, and he lost his footing. He screamed as he fell to the bottomless pit “You'll regret this, you cheater!!!”
“Yeah, right!” Jin cried, “You said that six times, Nack! And what did you do?! Nothing!”
“Hmph!” Jin said to himself, “What an idiot.”
Then, he said, “That's done. I have a mission to accomplish.”
Jin looked around the tower. There was a dead tree, a few tombstones and a broken fence. He thought to himself, “If I was a broken piece of the Master Emerald, where would I be?”
“Where would I hide?” Jin continued to think as he walked a few metres. He did not see where was going... and he tripped over a rock. He fell on his face.
“OW!” he cried, “That hurt!”
He looked ahead. He found a ball. But, it is stationary and it is decorated with a star. “Looks interesting. I'm going to check it out.” Jin thought
He rocked the ball slightly. Jin heard a noise. “What's going on?!” he cried
He looked around. He found a rocket. “Cool. Time to fly up!” he thought
Jin took a hold of the handle and... the rocket blasted upwards! “Sweet!” he thought, “This is much better than climbing 45 degrees!”
Then, he felt something. “Something is high above.”
He looks around. “A Ghost Train?!” he cries, “Why is there a ghost train in a burial ground?”
Then, he sees something in the coal car. “And there's a piece of the Master Emerald!” he cries as he took notice of a green jewel stuck in the coal pile
“Excellent!” Jin said, “It's time I got off this ride.” And he jumped off the rocket and landed on the caboose.
“Almost there...” he said silently, but just then, something made the entire train bounced and the Master Emerald piece flew off the train! “No!” Jin cried and he jumped off the train.
Jin landed on another burial ground within the memorial park. “Oh great!” he said, “I can't believe this! How evasive can that stone be?”
Then, he finally sees the stone and walks to it. “It's OK.” He said, “I'm here. There's nothing that can come between us.”
Just then, a ghost pops out! Jin screamed his butt off! “God! That scared me good!” Jin cried as the ghost was laughing, “I'm coming after you, you freaking ghost!”
The ghost yelped and ran off with the Master Emerald piece. “Come back here with my emerald!” Jin yells as he chased the ghost down.
Then, he bumped into something. “Ow!” Jin cries, “What the hell is this thing that I ran into?! In fact, why do I keep bumping into stuff?”
Then, he looks up. That white obstacle that hit Jin was a giant ghost! Jin was a little scared, but... he smiled. He jumped up with his fist in the air. He smacked the ghost! The giant ghost was angrier at Jin, but Jin was still smiling. He gestured to the ghost's behind. It was on fire! The ghost looked behind and he yelped away!
The little ghost dropped the emerald piece. “That's what a little fire can do to you.” Jin said
Then, he picks up the emerald piece. “Yeah!” He cried, “I did it! I picked up my first piece!”
Then, Jin asked himself, “Where should I go? Possibly... Wild Canyon in Sapporo? Sure.”
Then, Jin climbed down the monument and headed north to Sapporo. He knows that he did an excellent job of finding the first piece of the Master Emerald. It will not be long before Angel Island is restored to its rightful place.
Little does he know that Fang is still alive and he did not see him. He said, “Jin is mine! He will not live for so long. It will be payback soon enough...”