Street Fighter Fan Fiction / Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Adventure 2: SuperNOVA ❯ Double Pursuit ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 16: Double Pursuit
 
Time: 1:00 PM
Place: Tomei Expressway (between Tokyo and Osaka)
 
In the main highway, Kaori and Athena were driving to chase the Emperor of Japan. They were doing 150 in a 100 mph speed limit! The traffic was moving slow, but they would not give up the chase to see the Emperor!
“You have a lock on the Emperor, Athena?” Kaori asked
Athena looked at the radar. “I have a lock, Kaori!” she cried, “He's 65 kilometres ahead of us!”
“Step on it, Athena!” Kaori cried, “We cannot afford to lose the Emperor! He's the key to helping us find Bison!”
Athena pushed on the gas. They sped up faster! They did not see a couple of racers flying behind them. Soon, they caught up to them! One cried to the girls, “Hey! Nice ride! Too bad we'll tear it down!”
“We do not have time for games!” Kaori cried, “We have a very important mission to attend to!”
“Yeah!” another racer cried, “Us!”
“No use convincing them, Kaori!” Athena said, “We should take them down for mocking us! Besides, the Emperor is on the way to where we are going!”
“Understood, Athena!” Kaori replied, and then she turned to the racers “All right! You want a challenge?! You got one!”
Immediately, the HDV 9000 blazed ahead of the competition! The racers cried, “Let's get them!”
The race was on! The five racers began to corner the HDV 9000. Then, they started to bash it like a wrecking ball! “Don't let up, Athena!” Kaori cried,
“I'm… trying!” Athena cried,
“Let's pick them off one at a time!” Kaori cried
Athena started to bash each of the 5 enemy racers. She slammed one right into the wall! It flew up like a bird! The lead racer growled “You will pay for that!”
“Oh yeah?!” Kaori and Athena cried, “Try us!”
The four racers smashed the HDV 9000 to the other road where the cars are going the opposite direction! They evaded traffic as if they are gunshots! One tried to ram the HDV to the wall! But, he did not see the oncoming traffic and then… CRASH!!!
The racer skidded to the side. “Yeah!” Kaori cried, “Only three more to go!”
All 4 cars raced to an exit to the Meishin Expressway. “Fire the booster rockets, now!” Kaori cried,
“Got it!” Athena cried and activated the nitro booster rockets! They zoomed further down the freeway! The racers see this and cried, “Oh yeah?! We can play that game!”
They activated their nitro boost! They sped up to the HDV 9000! Athena looked at the mirrors. “We have three bogeys on our tail!” she cried,
“Try to lose them!” Kaori cried, “And if you need to, attack them with full force!”
The HDV skidded along the freeway, cutting traffic and missing oncoming traffic! The racers were pursuing the girls at full throttle! They did a triangle formation, trapping the HDV in the middle. Then, the girls heard beeping. “Kaori!” Athena cried, “I have a lock on the Emperor! He's close by!”
“Let's lose these dorks and catch up to the Emperor!” Kaori cried,
The HDV rammed the lead racer! He growled and cried, “I'll make you pay for this!”
The other two racers broke off the formation and chased the HDV! The HDV swerved to the left. The racer rammed it to the wall! There was a brawl between vehicles in the left guardrail! The HDV struggled to break free! Finally, it did and rammed the racer onto an oncoming exit! It crashed!
Then, the HDV put the brakes on! The enemy racers zoomed by! Then, the HDV sped up again! It rammed them both! One crashed into an oncoming RV! The leader was left! The HDV rammed it into the right guardrail! The racer was scared!
Kaori began to scream, “You underestimate us! You should not have challenged us! It's time to end this challenge!”
The HDV rammed the leader into an oncoming fuel truck! It exploded!
Athena cried, “The Emperor is close by! Let's change now!”
She activated transformation controls. The HDV became a plane and flew overhead.
Meanwhile, in the Emperor's limousine, the assistant gave the news to the Emperor. “Mr. Emperor,” she began, “Reports show that since the incident last night, the entire world is in turmoil. Our financial communities are impacted, and our satellite communications are down. An emergency meeting from the United Nations has been called. Mr. Emperor, this is a global crisis.”
The Emperor of Japan was busy talking to Bison. “I will not ask for the details, but I do want to know. What exactly do you want, Bison?”
Bison was talking from the ARK via a video screen. He laughs and said, “OK, then. I see you want to get under way since I know you are a very busy man. Mr. Emperor, my demands are straightforward. Surrender to the Shadowlaw regime and make no attempts to resist. Otherwise...”
“Otherwise?” Mr. Emperor said,
Bison answers, “Otherwise, your planet will cease to exist! You have less than 24 hours to give me your answer.”
“No way!” someone cried. It was Kaori! She and Athena jumped inside the limousine!
“What the...” the Emperor cried
“Kaori!” Bison cried from the other side, “You little...”
“What's going on here?!” the Emperor cried,
Athena connected her HP laptop to the video terminal. The screen was gone. “Oh no!” the Emperor cried, “What did you do?!”
“Don't worry, Mr. Emperor!” Kaori said, “Everything is under control! Just leave it us! Do you have it, Athena?”
Athena kept messing around with the laptop, until finally... she found the location of the other side! “Got it!” she cried, “He's transmitting from the Space Colony ARK!”
“OK!” Kaori cries, “Let's move it!!!”
Athena disconnects the laptop and jumped out first! Kaori followed her. “Hey, you!” the Emperor cried, “Wait!!!”
“Sorry!” the girls cried out