Suikoden Fan Fiction ❯ Dunan Unification War: To Weave Destinies ❯ Peace Treaty: Broken ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

This is my very first Suikoden Fiction. This Fiction is the second saga of Suikoden. This Fiction will contain about the two special runes: Yin and Yang.

Also, it is about how better if Suikoden II would have been an anime instead of a game but it does add events to show my originality. WARNING!: This will not follow the EXACT events of Suikoden II for I, SaberLightning (lightning strikes behind) will show how special I know Suikoden is.

My fellow Suikoden lovers or Suikoden readers, I guess Konami would earn more budgets if they turned it into a game plus, I guess a game is easier than making an anime or less money it is to use.

If you are confused why I titled this Fiction ' Eien No Unmei', it is because…. well, lemme reserved that till the end of this fiction. Let's hope I can finish it.

I got to warn you, this contain mostly about Kinnison and Jowy. Well not actually, I mean they'll be important since I LOVE 'EM!

Ahem, excuse me for that sudden exclamation. Well, please do review for me to use how I alleviate furthermore in this Fiction.

I would like to give thanks to CHRISTOFFERSON CAJES, also from Philippines, for the walkthrough.

This is Riou and Wakaba fic with love triangle with Jowy because of an event! Also a Nanami and Sasuke fic. KinnisonXAyda

Shall we start?

DunanUnification War: To Weave Destinies

The night sparkles peacefully. The stars glittered endlessly in the dim sky. The crickets and owls growls with fireflies shinning. The night is not as peaceful as ever since the City-States and Highland finally sign up a peace treaty. The citizen and soldiers has never been joyful as ever now that tomorrow is a new day in tranquil.

The highland army camp in this night waiting for the excitement tomorrow. Yet, highlanders kept their uniforms in honor of their identity of being a warrior. Soldiers yet kept their guards since nature is tricky. Some still patrolled even some fell asleep.

At the center, where the campfire blazed. The smokes float upwards. The red mix with those warm orange engulf to the large pieces of woods. It made sparkling sounds as flies attempt to pass it or beside it but the blaze was too tough for them. The woods still are indeed being burned up with the sparkling sounds.

The Highland Unicorn Brigade awaits tomorrow for department. One of the Highlander: Jowy. A shy man from a wealthy family. His father a famous nobleman with him, executing as a royal family.

Jowy already wore his dress for tomorrow. He walks silently at the night. He entered a camp seeing his best friend from his childhood: Riou

Riou tightened his robe around his waist. He tilted his head to find Jowy wearing also his dress. Both best friend's are excited from going home to Kyaro-their hometown. Although this two friends are from different world-not literally, they managed to have same ambitions-joining the Highland army.

"So, Riou, wearing already your clothes for an early department huh?"

Riou grinned to him. "Look who's talking." He replied, seeing Jowy also wearing his clothes instead of their uniforms.

"Isn't it nice for us to finally travel back to Kyaro?" Jowy asked walking beside him, sitting in his bed.

"Well, one thing's for sure there's a bad news." Riou said smiling guiltily.

A question was brought to Jowy. What can be the bad news? But…it is already over? The war…Jowy couldn't resist to be serious. His friend has something he hasn't told. "You can tell it to me Riou."

Riou bowed his head, starring at his feet. His feet tapped the floor endlessly with his fingers tightening grasp in every second. "Jowy…" He mumbled. Jowy gulped for the shocked to be made. "One word…one person…" Here it is, Jowy is about to hear the bad news. If his best friend needs him even if it is to part again, then…. "Nanami…"

PUK!

(Sorry, I couldn't resist)

" RIOU!" He hissed, glaring to him. His fist till up after that punch. "I thought you were serious!" Riou held on his head tightly. OWW! That pain! "How can Nanami be a bad news? She's your only family! Since Master Genkaku died…"

"I know that…but…"

-Flashback

"OH! You're not going to leave me here Riou!" The girl, Nanami yelled. "You can't even handle your self! I'm your big sister so I must protect you! You can't go what if you eat a poisonous food or you found a icky wobbly sticky coldly smoothly WORM! AHH!" She screamed while Riou in uniform covered ears. "You can't go it's dangerous out there you don't know what will happen!"

Riou open his mouth, beginning to explain until she interrupts. "I know I KNOW! You don't have to tell me! You should go out there and show them what you got! Show them how dad taught us! What are you standing for? GO!"

Riou got startled and begun to run away but Nanami grasp his uniform. "Where are you going? You should double check! Don't get embarrassed in front of the people! C'mon, you need to check your things. Do you have towel, clothes, perfume oh men it is stinking in there! Did you pee already? You might pee out of nowhere! You might even wet your pants! Oh no Riou, don't wet your bed! C'mon hurry up and go check your things!"

-End of Flashback

Jowy had a sweat dropped in his head. Nanami, one of the most active, hyper woman. Never mess with her; she is tougher than any human kind. No man dares to show up to her, no one ever, ever, ever. Nanami laughs evilly in Jowy's head. He soon got his senses back by shaking his head. "Well, some girl huh?"

"Girl? She's a tomboy." Riou corrected. "But she is my only family left."

"I wonder what will it be like if we finally got home…" Jowy said.

"Probably some celebration…foods will be there, umm, let's see," Riou cupped his chin. "women!"

Jowy chuckled shaking his head. "Funny Riou…well…there won't be much for me."

Riou suddenly felt something to Jowy. His family doesn't seem to care for him minus his mother. His dad has very large ambitions for him for Jowy is the eldest in the family. "Don't worry Jowy…" The blond look up to him who was grinning. "Me and Nanami will be beside you when you finally come back at Kyaro." Riou comforted.

Jowy grinned to him. That's why his Jowy's best friend. His always there for him. "Hey, wanna walk around outside for some air?" He asked, not wanting the conversation to go deeper.

"Hmm, nah." Riou answered, laying down to his bed. "You might not wake up tomorrow sleppy head." He mocked, pulling his blanket.

A smoke came out the angry Jowy. Well, Jowy is a heavy sleeper. "I'm no sleppy head Riou!" He retorted. But no reply came. " Riou? You're not asleep are you?" He asked wobbling him.

"Zzzzz…." Jowy heard him.

"Ha-ha Riou." Jowy chuckled. Obviously he just said that, he's not really asleep. Jowy then lied to his bed and pulled his blanket.

"SURPRISE ATTACK!!!"

" Riou! Riou wake up you sleppy head!" Jowy yelled at Riou trying to wake him up. Great, now I got influence by Riou's vocabulary.

"I'm awake already…" He fuzzily said.

Jowy got serious and glared at him. "Nanami's here!"

Like lightning, Riou stood up with his eyes wide open. He bowed down repeatedly saying: I'm sorry Nanami I wouldn't do it again and-"

"C'MON!" Jowy pulled him out the bed, running out the camp.

The duo walked out the tent seeing the camp on fire. The sparkling sounds were loud and everywhere. It burned down the tents to ashes. The sparkles perish the knit of the tent. It left nothing-burns all of clothe of the tent. The blaze grew more as fire arrows dropped to their camp.

Their allies are left as corpse. Several soldier kept on trying to wake their fellow soldiers. There was no more peace or tranquil. They were scream of struggle and pain and sorrow of death. The ambush led to the people to tears and suffering. Although they are soldiers, they are firstly human.

A man came rushing to the duo-Captain Rowd. The leader of the Unicorn Brigade. " Riou, Jowy, what are you still here standing?"

"Captain Rowd, is this an ambush of the City-State?" Jowy asked, trying to stay calm.

"Definitely." He nodded. "They broke the Peace Treaty, those scums-sorry boys but now you need to escape to the mountain path, east of here. Go-Go-Go!" He commanded rushing out their conversation.

"They broke the Peace Treaty?" Jowy turned to Riou who was in mild shock.

"Hmm…It is war Riou." Jowy said tilting up the night. He lowered his head to Riou. "Let's go now, probably it wasn't just our time to come back to Kyaro."

Riou was left in no emotion while Jowy dash to the road. He watched Jowy running. The war isn't over? Hmm… Riou soon followed his pal, rushing.

The duo past the blazes and the scampering soldiers. They run through the forest with anxiousness. The duo didn't dared to stop and they hardly breath. They were pretty far from the camp until Jowy lose his speed till he finally paused from running.

Both finally reached an intersection. "Jowy! Here's the mountain path at the east, we'll suffer for a while since it's at the forest and-" Riou turned to him while he stare to the engulf camp. "What's the matter Jowy?" He asked, straitening his body to him and lowering his shoulders.

Jowy soon faces his friend. " Riou, there's something….here."

Riou rose an eyebrow up. "What?"

"Shh…" Jowy place his finger to his lips.

Silently, all can be heard was the sparkles of fire, the screams of the scampering men and the owls and crickets. Suddenly, there was a crack of a stick. Both glance to the east to where they should to go. They heard a silent growl, which went louder.

The duo turned to the dark spot at the east mountain path. A white furred creature formed as its legs appear. It was a white fanged creature with blue wristband on its right front leg. It was definitely a wolf-a ferocious wolf. It releases growls and its teeth shaking in hunger.

Jowy prepared for a life-and-death battle with the wolf. Riou turned pale first with the sight of the wolf. But as the wolf crawl closer with its chest near to the ground and head bowed. Its legs bend especially its hind legs ready to spring up to them. Its ears straight, pointing to it tail. Riou gulped and send out rose his arms where his Twin Fangs are equipped. His arms near to his chest and both in battle position.

Riou stared at those blue wild, hazardous eyes. It's mouth trembling in anger and its fur all spikes up in madness. It will be dangerous especially now that the City-State broke the Peace Treaty and this wolf ready to have its supper. Riou's trembling eyes, its great fear but he can easily overcome. He looks to the white pupil, which was…not glaring at them?

Riou was brought stupefied with the wolf's glare sight. The wolf wasn't glaring at them but who? If this wolf that they are to harm while the wolf was not to harm them then they'll be murderers for no reasons. This meat-eater wasn't interested at them. Although with those vicious eyes and sharp claws and fangs, it didn't have the intention of using it against them.

"Wait, Jowy." Riou murmur to his pal. "That wolf is not our foe."

"What do you mean Riou?" Jowy asked, still keeping his guard up.

"Its eyes…" He said, his eyes minimizing as he keen it to the wolf.

Jowy was mystified about what he said earlier. Wolfs are not out with no reasons of course, they're out for their 'trail of meat', which is a legacy to every hunters. And this time, they're the hunted by this hunter. Jowy yet, who was confuse became astonish when all of the sudden, the wolf spring up to them. Both duck for cover with their weapons ready.

The wolf bit the arm of a man with large gears for protection and his black spiked hair. Behind him were soldiers who were stunned with this assault. They watched in horror as the wolf gnaws the arm. Luckily, the man was protected. The wolf already pushes the man down to the brown ground.

"YOU TERMITE!" The man cursed, shaking his arm repeatedly to release the beast.

The beast was toss to the ground but yet, its eyes glare straight to him and his chest is near to the ground. Its ears like spikes and its hind legs ready to spring away. Its fangs are visible and its gums are very exposed. The wolf growled under its breath. Its throat vibrating as its snarl intimidates the soldier.

" RIOU, HURRY!" Jowy hissed, pulling Riou's arm. Jowy hid behind the bushes with Riou beside. Jowy watched the wolf, intensely observing his enemy. Jowy try to breathed calmly as possible. He rubbed his hands because of the cold night also with the fright he engrave. He cupped his mouth, exhaling the hot air.

Riou watched his friend who's in anxiousness. He knows that he must deal this with himself. He knows his best friend than anybody else except himself. Even his family doesn't seem to notice how brilliant their son Jowy is. Riou sighed, facing back to the front line. He's still worried about his friend who's nervous. But Jowy will get over it since he's not the type of guy who suddenly gets nervous in several minutes.

Riou finally can relaxed now that he notice Jowy calming down. He finally cleared his mind and got his senses. Riou look to his pal, watching him to calm down. He watched him, placing down his hands gently to the ground while they crouch. He saw him lowered his blue staff and lean closer to the open space of the bush. Riou shook his head now that he gets a bit of nervous every second that passes. He whispers silently as his shoulder lower down. He can finally concentrate and relax now that he loses his nervousness.

"Lord Luca, please do leave this to us." One of the soldier pledge.

Luca glared at the wolf. "No, this critter will pay." He draws out his sword from his side and rose it above the wolf.

All of a sudden, without notice, an arrow head straight to Luca's arm that canceled his attempt. His eyes shook, taking the whole pain. His fingers tremble as the red blood flow down. Luca felt anger about this. Whoever did this will not have tomorrow.

"Lord Luca, the plan is right where we wanted, the peace treaty is now broken and-" Captain Rowd came first grinning until he saw Lord Luca bleeding. "LORD LUCA!"

Luca turned back, facing the deeps of the forest. He knew there was someone who intentionally shot him. "DARN!" He cursed, pulling out the arrow out his arm. He finally face in front to find the wolf missing. "So…" Luca Blight smirks. "The critter is allied with maggots huh…"

"Lord Luca, would you like us to send a doctor?" Captain Rowd asked.

"Captain Rowd." He called.

"Yes sir!"

"The night seems dark huh? And the moonlight shines brightly right?" Luca Blight asked with a bit of playing.

"Huh, sir? What do you intend to say?" Captain Rowd asked.

Back to where Jowy and Riou are, Jowy seems got his anxiousness back but he doesn't know the reason why. He seems to be affected by which Luca Blight told. Hmm, what does he meant? Seems like he already knew we were here and-SHIT! Jowy was suddenly shocked as he faces his pal. He stared to the weird steel ring around his friend's head.

" RIOU!" He hissed to him. Riou faced to Jowy who was pointing to his forehead.

"Come out now you brats." Both heard Luca Blight calling. It was definitely they as they hear footsteps.

Jowy and Riou prepare for a battle. They rose their weapons, ready to defend themselves.

Luca Blight smirked and rose its sword. "Come out and play child." (Geez, is Chukie back?) Luca Blight played with them. Luca thrash the bushes where Jowy and Riou are. But there was no scream or motion of any living.

Just at the edge of the mountain, where the river flows wildly. Jowy and Riou rushed as they pant. " Riou, that head of yours led us in total trouble." Jowy said after pausing. He pants while he grasp to his knees for support.

"Well, sorry but now, we're trap!" He said to Jowy.

Jowy stood up straight and found the current of the river in outrage. The river was like angry, slapping the rocks with its waves and washes away the small particles of the rocks and soil with its strong current.

"DON'T LET THEM ESCAPE!"

The duo turned to find torches on fire and men dashing to them. Footsteps were loud and their weapons can be heard loud.

" Riou, we need to jump." Jowy said.

"But Jowy, the current is too strong!"

"Look Riou, we have no choice!"

"We'll never make it!"

"HURRY! THEY CAN'T GO ANY FURTHER!"

The duo look back again hearing them again. They were getting closer as death does. Jowy glared at his pal, being serious since it is between survival and death. "I know you're not the coward type Riou…"

Riou stared at his eyes, feeling the determination and hope from Jowy. "Let's go…" He finally agreed.

But before they can react, they heard guns being aim to them. The footsteps stop and the rampage went silent. They turned to find Captain Rowd and Luca Blight and the highlanders.

"Captain Rowd, didn't I told you to erase all of them?"

"I'm s-sorry Lord Luca."

"Captain Rowd, why?" Riou asked.

" Riou, Jowy, I told you to go east but I guess you're not worth it to be soldiers since you don't know how to follow directions at all."

"Stop playing Captain Rowd." Riou glared at him. "It is clear then, you betrayed highland!"

"Silence you two!" Captain Rowd demanded. "It's time for the two of you to perish right now!"

A sudden bite then came in front of the army. It was the wolf that attempts to kill Luca Blight. The wolf snarled at the army, showing its fangs to them.

"You fools! Don't be intimidated! Its one wolf against all of us!" Luca Blight yelled, taking out his sword.

The soldier woke up and aim guns at the wolf. The wolf yet never scampers but he snarled at them with his vicious eyes and ferocious fangs.

" Riou, now's our chance…" Jowy mumbled to his friend.

Riou nodded. "But it seems wrong to leave the wolf after saving us twice."

"I know but there are no other options." He replied. Jowy then faces a rock and slash a curved line. "Listen, if we get separated, let's come back to this spot, promise?"

Riou slashed another curved making an X. "Promise." He answered.

The two grinned together but they soon lost it when both jump of the river…

After the ridiculous action, a boy from up the cliff shoots an arrow continuously to the soldiers. He never misses any shots yet especially with all of his concentration. The boy suddenly made a bewilder eyes when he saw the wolf, laying to the ground. The boy jumps off the cliff and rapidly steps on the parts of the cliff. He finally dropped to the ground, aiming his arrow to Luca Blight who stood in front of the wolf.

END of first chapter

By the way, I'm at the final battle already at Suikoden II (game) within 6 days and I'm level 60. But school back…. Oh well, review please