Suikoden Fan Fiction ❯ My Lady ❯ Passion of a Broken Heart ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

My Lady

By: Heavens Requiem

Disclaimer: I no own you no sue!

Part 2: Passion of a Broken Heart

"What the hell is he thinking!" Leo boomed as he, Salome and Roland went over the resignation letter Percival had left behind with his armor on the conference room table. He pounded his mailed fist upon the table with a bone-crushing thud as the table groaned from the force of the hit.

"I do not know." Salome muttered quietly as he looked over to Chris his mind going over what had happened in such a short while. She sat lifeless on the couch in front of the table. Still dressed in her nightshirt she sat there inert her violet eyes staring blankly into space but not seeing anything before her. The only movement she made was her hands trembling as they loosely grasped a handkerchief that Salome had given her to wipe away the bitter tears that had found themselves down her face in her moment of weakness. However she didn't wipe them away nor do much of anything else, shock it seemed getting the best of her.

Chris had been standing on the large stone bridge staring blankly towards the gate when they found her. One of the guards on duty had seen her on the way to his watch and rushed to get the other knights. Out they hurried to her side dressed in full battle armor, ready for battle to defend their lady captain. The guard's only words to them was a very breathy and urgent, "Its Lady Chris."

Worried beyond belief they got ready to protect their Lady from the harm that had befallen her. Yet they only found a stunned Lady Chris staring into space as if searching for something with tears cascading down her cheeks. They had desperately tried to coax her to tell them what was wrong but failed as all they got was silence. Finally they gave up and led her by her hand to the conference room upstairs where they sat her down softly and let her alone for the moment.

Borus before her on bent knee, looked up at her with sympathetic doe eyes at his distraught captain. He wanted so desperately to grab her and hold her in his strong arms, comforting her, but her resisted hiding his deep feeling behind a mask of concern. "Damn Percival! How dare he do this to Lady Chris!" he vehemently cursed under his breath as he watched even more tears trace the outline of her delicate jaw. He realized she must have been very broken about it to let herself show such weakness.

"We don't know what he did to Lady Chris, Borus. Nor does it seem we are able to ask her." Roland countered softly shaking his head at the state Chris was in. The purple haired elf would have done anything to protect her, but he could not protect her from emotional pain.

Borus stood from where he was in one smooth motion and advanced upon the tall elf. "I know what he did, Roland. He decided since that he was leaving he decided to make one more problem for us like he always does. And like always he evolved Lady Chris like that time he kidnapped her and stole her away to the indecent village! I bet he's laughing this up right now!" the blonde knight snapped his cheeks flushing as his trade mark rage started to overflow his mind and now out onto the others.

"He said you've won…" Chris suddenly whispered even though her eyes were still staring blankly into space. As quickly as she had said it she fell silent again while her knights gaped at her.

"What?" Borus asked as he hurried over to her side, getting down on his knees again in front of her. He gazed up into those distant eyes, feeling both ire and sadness stir in his soul. "He said…"

"You've won." She finished finally seeing him as she looked up into his face. No more tears flowed now, finally coming to senses and not wanting to show weakness.

His face contorting with unrestrained fury he whipped back to the purple haired elf his lips turned into a snarl, "See! I told you this was a game of his!"

"Borus…" Chris breathed gazing at the knight that was growling and snarling.

"That inconsiderate bastard! All he ever thinks about is himself!" Borus roared his anger over what Percival had done to Chris. How dare her do anything to make her cry…her! Lady Chris of all people?! Why couldn't he have made one of those many admirers of his cry in her stead.

"Borus…" Chris said a little louder, feeling the ire that built up in Borus fill her soul. He…didn't understand…he didn't know what happened or how she felt.

"He didn't even care what it did to Lady Chris!" he yelled his fury fully engulfing him. That bastard never cared about Chris the way he did, and now this proved it.

"Borus." Heat strained Chris's voice. Percival cared much more then Borus could know, and his angry ranting was playing on her frayed nerves, which had been shredded from Percival's departure and now pulled upon by Borus' ignorant rant.

"I'm glad he's gone, now…" then in one swift and smooth movement Chris stood up from the couch and slapped Borus across his face. Wheeling form the shock of the sudden blow Borus staggered back and stared with wide eyes at Chris.

Leo, Roland and Salome could only watch with mouths agape in utter surprise as Chris closed in upon on Borus. "Don't you ever, ever say that!" she forced those fierce words through her clenched teeth the rage which once enveloped Borus now consuming her. "It is because of that, that Percival left. He said that he couldn't live like this anymore, as a knight! So now he's gone. I have no idea what he meant by you've won, but let me tell you this Borus, he didn't play a game last night. He called me down to say goodbye and he didn't wait to dawn so that none of you all would stop him. Even though it hurt him he left and it was because of crap like this and I don't blame him one bit!" She shouted at him throwing all her pent up emotions at him. Without so much as another word Chris spun on her heel and left the presence of the stunned knights not wanting to spend another minute in that man's company.

Stiffly she walked to her room not allowing anyone to see her in her current state, but as soon as she stepped into her room she let her tears fall once more. She walked from the study to her bedchambers grasping the walls for support. Chris fell upon her bed and sobbed deeply into her soft pillow. It had been too much pain and too much loss for one day for her. She had her defenses be torn down as the last thing she could consider a family fell apart in front of her eyes. It was too much like when she was a child, and she could not bear that again.

Her apprentice, Louis, who was unaware of what, had transpired that morning stared at her in absolute surprise. He had spent the morning dusting her room thinking her absence was due to morning rounds. He stood there confused on his young face as his hand was in the middle of a sweep. Never had he known her to act like that, it was quite shocking. "Lady Chris?" he queried quietly standing next to her bed but got no response.

Running his small, gloved hand trough his short dirty brown hair. Louis could only stare at her desperately wanting to help her. Then he remembered something his mother would do at times like these. Hesitating a little he sat next to her and began to stoke her long unbound sliver hair. Slowly sitting up Chris looked questioning at Louis who blushed in embarrassment and pleasure. "Louis?" she asked hoarsely the weight of her tears straining her voice.

Louis smiled sheepishly at her a rose brushing itself across his youthful cheeks. "Umm…Lady Chris, I was just…my mother used to…I thought…"

Chris giving him a soft look of compassion pulled him into a hug. "Thank you Louis." she brokenly whispered in his ear. She took strength and solace in his comforting embrace. She needed this for it seemed to her that her whole world was crashing down around her. Percival had left and in doing so had ripped a hole in what she considered a complete life as well as destroying every cold wall she had put up. Then she had slapped Borus and blamed her knights for Percival's leaving. Why was this happening to her? She had always carefully hidden away her emotions from everyone. Now she couldn't stop it. Maybe Percival's leaving had just released the dam that led to where she was now. She now felt alone and weak, just like when she was a child, just like when she had lost... There she sat, like a child, holding Louis for solace and comfort.

Chris sat there, her head on Louis' shoulder as he continued to lovingly stroke her hair. There in Louis' affectionate embrace she felt sheltered and warm. Her last thoughts as she drifted off to sleep were that she felt the same way with Percival.

End Part 2.

A/N: Before you crucify me for being OOC, the next couple chapters will explain things if I haven't already. Chris has held back emotions since her mother died and father disappeared, so naturally it had to come out sometime and since it never happened in the game, Percival's leaving was a good time for it. I mean, it makes sense. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed that and let me know what you think. Ja ne!