Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Alien Brains ❯ Brawn over Brain ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER FIVE
The titans were brought to the complex where they saw…
“Starfire!” cried Robin.
“Copy-Cat!” cried Raven.
Their friends were contained inside odd red-spheres with metal bands attracted to their heads and wired to a strange machine. “What's goin' on here?” asked Cyborg.
“What's going on is your friends are about to experience a most frightful thing.” said a voice from a corner of the chamber. The titans turned. “Who are you…?” Robin demanded to know.
Quarlor let Copy-Cat and Starfire explain, and when they heard that hey were both about to have their intelligence sucked out of them, the other Titans wouldn't stand for it, but they didn't what to do without their powers… but Robin had an idea… but it kept it to himself as not to arouse suspicion.
As Quarlor powered up the machine, he explained that it was really quite painless, though they would feel a slight roughing in their heads because their brain-activity was very high from their ordeals in the maze.
That's why he had Copy-Cat and Starfire escape, and fall into the maze. It required brain-power, and strategizing to overcome the ordeals, and now their brain activity was just right for plucking.
They tried to smash the spheres down, but Quarlor had those things made from material that was unbreakable. They weren't getting out unless he let them out. “Kiss your intelligence goodbye.” Quarlor sneered as he strapped down into his own seat and attached a headband to his head, ready for the transfusion.
Robin reached behind his back, while everyone was distracted. Raven and Cyborg caught the look on his face, and went along with it. They kept quiet, and waited until the machine was ready to fire.
The machine began to hum, and bleep. Starfire and Copy-Cat began to feel strange as they held their heads and groaned softly while Quarlor relaxed and prepared to absorb the intelligence.
“Go, guys… Run!” shouted Robin. The guards all turned, and Quarlor opened his eyes only to see Robin pitch his disc-bombs at the guards blinded them long enough for he Cyborg and Raven to break free from their custody.
Quarlor couldn't get up though, not until the machine was finished its process or he'd ruin everything. “Stop them!” he shouted at his guards. More guards came into the chamber, Robin told the others to use their other moves that they learned back home. “We've got to save Starfire, and Copy-Cat! Let's go!”
And the fight was on…
Cyborg put his dukes like a boxer. “Okay, who wants some…?” he sneered as the guards came at him, only to meet their faces with his fists, and his feet too.
Raven was careful to still watch her emotions, even if her powers didn't work. She didn't lay a finger on the guard, and instead just kept outsmarting them and dodging at the last minute causing the guards to either crash into the walls or each other. “And they're supposed to be smart?” she mocked.
Robin was fortunate that all his gadgets and weapons weren't super powered so he had a higher advantage was he whooped the guards with his metal-staff, and dodged their projectile attacks.
Starfire and Copy-Cat were starting to feel their intelligence slipping, and Quarlor's brain was actually expanding in size. “Yes…! YES…!” he snickered. Robin saw it happening, “No…!” he shouted as he leapt over to tackle Quarlor in his seat.
Luckily, Quarlor was finished with what he was doing and emerged form his seat and used his brain power on Robin, lifting him up into the air and harming him from the inside. “Hang on, man, I'm comin'!” shouted Cyborg as he dashed up to Quarlor from behind, but Quarlor quickly leapt up, releasing his grip from Robin, and began to do it to Cyborg now.
Raven reached the spheres calling out to Starfire and Copy-Cat, only… now without their intelligence, they were like newborn babies… they didn't know what anything was, or how to speak, or pretty much anything. They just sat their admiring their hands, or the red of the sphere… Copy-Cat was admiring his fur, and Starfire admired her long red hair.
It was no good… but now she figured it best to help the others. Nothing could happen to the aliens while they were inside.
Quarlor still had Cyborg in his psycho-kinetic grip, Robin tried to help him but now the both of them were being, as he continued to hold them, the guys noticed that he seemingly getting weaker. “Raven!” growled Robin. “Try to… get him!”
Raven dashed at Quarlor, only to have him turn round and put his grip on her. “Ah…!” Raven never felt such torture before. Quarlor could only laugh at her, Robin and Cyborg as they lay on the ground trying to catch their breath and pull themselves together. “Give it up!” he sneered, “You pathetic attempts are no match for my all-powerful genius!”
Every time one of the titans got up to rush him, he just turned to torture them again, but every time he did he got weaker and weaker from using too much mind-power at once. “You may have… ugh… a lot of smarts…!” growled Robin. “But you've left out… one important… thing!”
For the first time, Quarlor failed to understand something. “What would that be?” he asked, but then he felt himself growing weaker from the overuse of his powers, which gave Robin a chance to pitch his disc-bombs at him. “AAH…!”
“You lack physical strength!” snapped Robin.
Quarlor got up and insisted he didn't require it. “Intelligence…! I need intelligence!” and he tried to put another hold on the heroes but he had become so weak that the heroes were able to break form his hold on their own. “What you need… is help.” grunted Raven.
Cyborg then approached the near defenseless alien, and gave him a single clunk in the head, knocking him unconscious. “Too smart for his own good.” remarked Cyborg.
Quarlor had to be one of the silliest villains they had ever fought.