Tekken Fan Fiction ❯ Jakunen Mirai ❯ K-chan ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Oh yeah, I forget this every time:

I don't own Kazuya, Namco does. BUT GODDAMN I WANNA OWN HIM! …who doesn't?

~Kazuya-sama, aka MiraiSonGokou

***

The piercingly loud scream of an electronic alarm clock broke the silence of Kazuya's large bedroom, half-scaring him to death. Sitting up, panting slightly from the shock of the loud sound, he sighed almost angrily, and slapped a hand down on top of it, cutting out the noise immediately. With his free hand, he rubbed at one eye, and used the other to glance down at the LED display on the clock face. Ugh, 6am. How disgustingly early.

***

"K-chan, are you not hungry?"

He looked sleepily up at the pretty young nurse with his right eye…the left side of his face was buried somewhere in his pillow. It was only 6am for god's sake! How could he be hungry at this time of the day? He sighed, and shook his head, yet smiled at the young girl.

"I'll eat after I get some more sleep."

The nurse nodded and left the small room. And small it was; enough room for a bed, desk, and a small wardrobe; not that he had many clothes anyway. But this was better than having to lie in the middle of a hospital ward, going insane as scientists poked and prodded him, wondering if his body really worked, pondered over his memory loss, idled fascinating over the fact that he was alive at all.

Yawning, he rolled back over into the small single bed, curling up under the covers again. Going to bed after 2pm - spending the night talking to late night shift workers of course - and being woken up four hours later…it wasn't a good habit. Oh well, it was Saturday regime for him. He'd been like that since he'd woken up here for the first time, six months ago. Though he'd always felt a little disoriented, this place, 'G-Corporation', had become home. He had no memory of a place before this, only here. Being born from nowhere, as an adult. He'd heard mutterings in that foreign language the nurses called 'English' which he was sure were about him, but he ignored it. And why the nurses all seemed so nervous of him to start with, and why some of them still avoid him like he was going to kill them, he couldn't fathom. This place, the place he called home, was the only place he knew. He had to make friends, and he had done just that; even though, at first, it was difficult. People seemed to almost recognise him, and fear him, without him even opening his mouth. But a warm smile and a friendly hello usually eased their tensions, he found. But why he was known as 'K-chan' or 'Kaz', he had no idea. Maybe he was a genetically engineered human, and that letter was assigned to him, and changed into an affectionate name. Oh well, he identified with it.

Looking at the cheap plastic clock sitting on the desk beside his tiny bed, he decided he'd better start moving before the whole day was gone. It was only 6:30, and at this time of year, the sun would barely be up, but that didn't bother him. Standing, he wandered lazily over to the small wardrobe, and pulled out a blue pinstripe shirt and pair of pants, along with underwear, and his towel, and headed for the small bathroom attached to the bedroom.

Quarter of an hour later, he was sitting on the bar-top of the cafeteria serving area, munching a piece of toast. One of his first friends was carted into the hall in a very large wheelchair - like most of his other friends, besides the doctors and nurses and scientists, this man was a patient. G-Corp had taken on a lot of different faculties; science and research, medical and diagnostic, environmental and naturalist. Of course, he was tied in with the two former sectors. The man, being pushed by an old nurse, waved weakly at Kaz, but smiled happily. The man was huge; he took up the entire wheelchair, and oozed over the sides a little. He was terribly obese; and almost a lost cause. Except for the fact that he had a will to live. Kaz munched down the rest of his toast, smirked, and wandered over to the younger man, who most definitely looked older.

"Morning…"

"Yeah, morning to you too, skinny." The large Japanese man chuckled to himself after the comment, and rested his hands on the armrests.

"I'm not skinny…I'm just tall for my weight." Kaz grinned a bit and sat down on a chair opposite the table the large man was wheeled up to.

"Sure you are. You're a chick magnet too." At those words, the few women in the room glanced at the two, snickered (a few waved), and turned back to what they were doing.

Kaz snorted like it was funny. "Me? You kidding?! With the ugly mug they gave me?! Come on, be realistic! I look like a cross between Dracula and Frankenstein!" He ran a hand through his raven hair, then folded both over his chest.

"Who cares about a few scars? You've got the body of a sex god. I mean look at what you're sitting next to! I'm too heavy to stand on my own two feet." Kaz blushed substantially, but frowned as he smirked. "And don't give me that…you might not notice it, but your face just isn't ugly enough to scare those nurses into looking away from that ass of yours."

He blushed even more. "What, are you greasing me up so I'll get you chocolate from the vending machine?"

The man frowned. "No, of course not! I'm just giving that low self-esteem of yours a boost."

Kaz rolled his eyes and swung his legs up onto the table. "Whatever you say."

***

"…Low self-esteem…feh! Nakamura never knew what he was talking about." Kazuya growled under his breath as he climbed out of the shower, towelling off. After drying his hair partially with the towel, he wrapped it around his waist, and began to prepare for another day of work.

"I wonder how he's doing these days. Perhaps I should pay him a visit sometime…" The flashbacks of his past, occurring seemingly more frequently, kept on reminding him of his past self, and who he was before even that. Somewhere in there, deep down inside, he could feel this strange little stirring of what some people call a conscience.