Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ My Sweet Good-Bye ❯ My Sweet Good-Bye ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own ANY Tenchi Muyo characters and I don't own the following song, Don't Know Why, by Norah Jones

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

My Sweet Good-Bye

By: Star Dust

~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~



(When Tenchi is about to leave to rescue Ayeka)

Tenchi ... Ryoko looked at Tenchi. She didn't know what to say. Here he was giving her his full attention, and she just couldn't think of anything to say. He smiled and went to her giving her a hug.

Tears started to come to Ryoko's eyes. He was off to fight Kagato she knew that. But she was hoping he wouldn't. Even thinking about the battle, tears came to Ryoko's eyes. They flowed down her cheeks and refused to let up.

"But Tenchi, what if you don't come back? What if... what if...." Tenchi moved over to Ryoko and placed his hands on her cheeks. He slowly whipped away her tears.

"Don't worry Ryoko. I will come back. And when I do we can go back to Earth, and build our family. If you're worried that I might run off and choose Ayeka over you, don't be silly. You're my wife, and I'll always love you, and only you. " He kissed her softly before turning and leaving.

Ryoko ran after him for a bit then stopped. "Come back soon, Tenchi" She whispered softly before turning and heading back to towards their room on the ship.



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A few hours later

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I waited 'til I saw the sun

I don't know why I didn't come


Ryoko sat gazing out of the giant window, the memory of when she last saw Tenchi going through her mind. Why didn't she go with him? He didn't admit it, but she knew he needed her. It was that bonding thing. Why had it sucked her in so bad? And the worst part was, if made her feel so guilty.

~***~

I left you by the house of fun

I don't know why I didn't come

I don't know why I didn't come
~***~

She stood up, reading to go find him and fight along side him if she need to. But Ryo-Ohki refused to leave Washu's head. She had promised Tenchi that she would not to let me leave. And Tenchi had taken the only other ship with him to Jurai. She prayed for his safe return.

~***~

When I saw the break of day

I wished that I could fly away

Instead of kneeling in the sand

Catching teardrops in my hand
~***~

Ryoko pressed her hands against the glass, wondering what to do. He was out there fighting for another woman. Fighting something that could kill him, yet she wasn't mad. She was proud. She was married to a warrior. Someone who would protect her and her children always. But who would protect him?

~***~

My heart is drenched in wine

But you'll be on my mind

Forever
~***~

Speaking of children, Ryoko rubbed her stomach. It wasn't obvious but she was pregnant. Tenchi didn't know yet, she planned to tell him when he came back, in honor of his victory. She was only 2 months and found out a few days ago, before they had left for Jurai. She couldn't think of the words to tell him. Would he be happy? Or would he be angry? She hoped it wasn't the latter. But that didn't matter right now. All that matter to her was Tenchi. She had to know, no she NEEDED to know, if her Tenchi was all right.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

On Tenchi's Ship

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


Tenchi fought hard against the Kagato's ship. They had long since left Ayeka at Jurai's Royal Palace. They were now fighting in the stars, Tenchi winning. But could he keep it up? He was not only fighting for Ayeka, but for everyone he held dear. Just as he thought he was about to deliver the final blow, Kagato's image appeared on the screen.

"You think you've won, boy? Ha! Fat Chance! I would burn in hell before I let you beat me." A snarl came upon his face, and then he began to laugh. Something told Tenchi, that he was in deep, that some how, he wasn't going to go back to Yuagami perfectly well and in shape.

Suddenly Tenchi ship began to rock. He looked out to see that something gooey had latched onto the ship and was pulling and joining it with Kagato's. "Boy! This ship is going to self-destruct! And when it does, I will not go down alone!"

"You wouldn't dare!"

"How much do you want to bet?" Tenchi ship was rocked more and more, each time getting worse. Suddenly it was so hard that Tenchi was thrown to the floor, already making his injuries worst.

He looked up and saw an image of Ryoko, smiling at him. He reached up and began to touch her face. He smiled back at her and whispered softly. "I love you, Ryoko" He laid his head on the floor of the ship, already unconscious. Slowly afterward, Kagato's mad giggles were heard, before the destruction of both ships.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Ryoko stood up when she saw the explosions; one thought running threw her mind. Tenchi! She looked down her faced shadowed. She couldn't tell him. She didn't even tell him good-bye, or I love you. He had promised to come back!

~***~

Out across the endless sea

I would die in ecstasy

But I'll be a bag of bones

Driving down the road along

~***~

Kiyone walked into the room, her head bowed. She began to open her mouth when Ryoko snapped at her, "I already know, please don't tell me again!" Kiyone turned understanding her friend's grief.

Small puddles of water could soon be seen as Ryoko began to cry. First with just soft sniffles, then she broke down, banging on the glass with all her might, surprisingly not hard enough breaking it. "WHY!" She screamed, "Why me? Why…Tenchi, why?" She placed her face in her hands and cried

~***~

My heart is drenched in wine

But you'll be on my mind

Forever
~***~

Ryoko slowly looked up, not surprised that the site had cleared and that the only signs of a fight were the remains of metal and oil hanging heavily in the air. She felt horrible. Now I know what it must feel like, when in all those movies, they never say good-bye to your husband, before the end. Ryoko rubbed her eyes and looked up at the stars. She could sense his broken spirit. "Tenchi...I will never forget you, and when I raise this child, I will always remember you, always."

She slowly felt Tenchi's soul smile at her, before it too, slowly faded away.

~***~

Something has to make you run

I don't know why I didn't come

I feel as empty as a drum

I don't know why I didn't come

I don't know why I didn't come

I don't know why I didn't come

~***~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

So did you like it? If I continue this it'll probably be set a little into the future. Anyway, this is a little different than the one on Fanfiction.net I really don't like those people anymore. Oh, and the other ship Tenchi took? It was his grandfather's space ship. Don't ask, I MIGHT explains later ^-^