The Outsiders Fan Fiction ❯ What I Really Want ❯ CH2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Disclaimer: In chapter one
Thank you to all of you who reviewed!
What I Really Want
Last time::
Soda's been acting weird lately and I can't help but wonder if he knows what's going on in my head. Is he going to avoid me because he's disgusted? Has he told Darry? Am I going to get kicked out?
This Time:
“Hey Pony can I talk to you for a minute? I don't know what to do Honey,” Soda said.
“Sure Soda,” I said placing my book beside me on the couch.
“You see I have these feelings that I can't quite figure out and I was wondering if you'd be able to help me.” As I sat there listening to Soda I could tell that whoever he was talking about that he really loved them. “What do you think I should do? It's just the only other person I felt this way about was Sandy.”
“I think you should tell them how you feel.” In fact I should probably take my own advice and tell you and Darry how I feel. I can tell that even if I did tell you , you'd think I meant as family but I love you as more than just my brother. Soda hugged me before he ran from the living room to outside. I went to the door and watched as Soda and Steve started talking. Was it possible that Soda loved Steve? I guess so because the pair of them started making out in front of the house.
I felt my heart break a second time and wondered if there was a chance I could get my brothers as mine. I know I'm being selfish but I love my brothers. Even though they are happy I'm not. Could I really ruin their happiness? Of course not, it would be unfair to my brothers who have given up everything for me. But I couldn't go on watching Darry with Dally and Soda with Steve. I couldn't put myself through that misery.
It had taken me three hours to pack everything and get out of town. I had left my brothers a note telling them that I would be back when I was ready. I figured the only way to move on was to leave and that is exactly what I did. I am heading towards Texas on the train, the conductor has no idea that I'm in the back with the extra luggage. Once I get to Texas I have no clue what I am going to do, I'll figure something out in the next two days.
I jumped off the train before it had stopped so I wouldn't get caught. They'd just take me back home. I traveled around town until I found a flower shop looking to hire someone. The outside of the shop looked like it could use some sprucing up and I'd bet everything I owned the inside looked the same. I entered the shop and found the inside was so full of flowers and accessories to even see the walls. I walked around the shop to find the owner and ask about the job offer. It was near the back I found an elderly couple who must've run this place. When they seen me they started whispering to themselves before turning to me.
“Are you here looking for a job?” The old man asked.
“Yes I am. I have no knowledge of plants but I'd help out any way I can,” I replied.
“I'm Helga Hawkins and this is my husband Spencer Hawkins. What's your name deary?”
“My name is Ponyboy Micheal Curtis. I go by Micheal though,” I told them. Spencer nodded his head as if he had decided something that only he'd know.
“When will you be able to start? Do you even have a place to live?” Helga asked.
“I can start anytime you want me to And I am currently homeless.” I wasn't going to lie to these people after all they had just given my a job at their shop based on my name, look and posture.
“You can stay with us we have an extra room. We'd be able to teach you more if you were living with us. We also need someone to take over the shop when you're down in the ground and you may be him,” Spencer said leaving no room for argument. I nodded and followed Spencer to begin working and learning everything I could.
It took me three months to learn everything. I'd painted and fixed the outside of the shop so that it looked more inviting. Helga and Spencer were extremely nice and easy to get along with. The accepted everything I had told them. Including the reason I had ran from Tulsa. Turns out the tow of them had twin boys who had been each other's lovers. That is until they were beaten to death. I had enrolled myself into school with the money Helga and Spencer insisted they pay me.
I still have the nightmares that caused Soda to start sleeping with me, Helga helps me through them. I miss the gang and my brothers but I don't think that I can go back now. Event hough the school had to contact my old school I don't think that they contacted my brothers. At least I hope they didn't. I wouldn't want them to come all this way, to find out that I don't plan on leaving until I get over this infatuation with my brothers.
Reviews are very welcome!