Tokyo Mew Mew Fan Fiction ❯ What's your favorite ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer - We do not own any of the characters in this story, with the exception of the store guy, but he's pretty much gone now. ^_^
 
 
 
 
Mint walked into the kitchen and leaned against the counter, knowing that she would have to keep up with her end of the dare. It just didn't seem fair that she had to tell Zakuro that she was in love with her. The whole idea was hard to grasp, and just thinking about how disgusted Zakuro would be made Mint want to cry.
 
“Minto-chan? Daijobu?” the model asked, moving to get a better look at Mint's face that was slightly distorted in a way that made her look utterly sad. “You look like you want to cry.”
 
Shaking her head and wiping away the tears that had been brought to the brim of her eye, she muttered a `hai' and turned away quickly. She knew it would be too late to go back to the room now, and she just couldn't handle the dare. It was too much to ask of her!
 
Zakuro shook her head, and the blue haired princess knew that she was not being believed. Her walls fell as the taller girl pulled her into her long, slender arms and petted her hair gently. “Shh… It'll be okay,” she soothed as the younger girl began to cry uncontrollably into her shoulder. “Just tell me what's wrong, I promise to listen.”
 
The two made their way into the living room area, taking a seat on the large leather sofa. Mint rubbed at her eyes, making them puffy and red as she tried to contain her tears long enough to even speak, but every time her mouth opened, her tears began to flow harder. They sat in silence, Zakuro petting Mint's hair as the smaller cuddled against her side and rested her head on her shoulder. It was one of the happiest moments to the poor girl and she couldn't stop crying long enough to enjoy it.
 
After a decent amount of time, she calmed herself down and was now merely sniffling and wiping at her raw nose with tissue. “I'm sorry, Zakuro-chan. I just…” Those purple eyes bore into her own small blue eyes as she tried to find the best way to say it. “You see… Ichigo-chan and I dared each other to do things, and I just can't fulfill my dare, but she's in there right now, most likely carrying out hers…”
 
The elder girl raised a perfectly arched eyebrow as she realized what Ichigo's dare was, or at least the gist of it. “Is she at least protected?” She asked, worry dripping from her words.
 
“Hai, hai! The dare is actually to find out which condom she likes best…” Again, that perfectly arched brow raised and Mint couldn't help but laugh. Zakuro was reacting so mother like that it was almost scary.
 
“What kind of dare did she give you?” she asked, trying to fathom what could be worse than trying out a variety pack of condoms when you loose your virginity, let alone just for a silly little dare.
 
“Well…” she said, blushing slightly and refusing to bring her gaze to the other's. “I have a much simpler dare…” If it was so simple, why was it so hard? Oh, that's right! Zakuro probably doesn't like girls. By saying those three little words, she could bring the entire group into ruin and there would be no way the Mew Mews would be able to finish their mission. “IhavetotellyouIloveyou,” she said quickly and under her breath.
 
“What? You have a total illouvre?” She knew that wasn't a word, but it was the only thing that came to mind. Now Mint's blush deepened as she was forced to slow down and actually say it.
 
“I have to tell you…” she began, staring at her feet. Hesitating, she picked at her nails and then decided to just get it over with. “I love you.” She refused to look up. She refused to see the utter horror on her love's face at her confession.
 
Zakuro was not disgusted, but rather, flabbergasted. Many people had confessed their love to her, but this time it was different. This time, she could actually tell that the vulnerable girl sitting next to her really did care. “Minto…” she said, grabbing her chin and forcing her to look. A smile was on her face as she stared into the eyes of the girl who was terrified of rejection. “Aisheteru.”
 
The tears began to fall again, only this time they were much lighter and full of joy, not fear. Zakuro leaned down and kissed the other gently. Parting, they looked at each other and smiled before Mint returned the kiss.
 
The hardest part of the dare was finally over, for Mint at least.
 
 
 
 
Ran: Gomen-gomen-go!!! I'm so sorry! I never meant to forget about this story… but I did. -_-` Well, here is my crapptacular chapter. Now it is all up to Say-chan to do the next, hopefully smutty, chapter. ^_^