Tokyo Underground Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Surviving Daily Life! The Story of Diamond City ❯ The Viking Chef ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Episode 2: The Viking Chef
Tuesday, April 19th, 2005

Xyrho: "Kiyobi."
Kiyobi: "zzzzz..."
Xyrho: "Kiyobi...!"
Kiyobi: "zzzzz...."
Xyrho: "KIYOBI!!!"
Kiyobi: "AH! DON'T HURT ME!!!"
*Xyrho stumbles over.*
Man, screw the alarm clock! Xyrho's more effective than that!
Xyrho: "Kiyobi! Look at the time!!!"
Seriously, Xyrho... it can't be that early... WHAAAAAAAAT?!
Kiyobi: "IT'S 7:55!!!"
Xyrho: "I've been trying to wake you up! Get up! We're going to be late for school!"
Aww man, I overslept! And wouldn't you know, that was just the beginning. So I rushed to get my uniform and ran for school.
Kiyobi: "Bye mom, see you later!"
So we ran out, and I just noticed something.
Kiyobi: "Where's Hawk?!"
Xyrho: "He went to school early."
Kiyobi: "I wonder why..."
We barly made it to school in time, the last bell rang a splt second after we made it to our seats.
Xyrho: "Sorry we're late, Mr. Motsuwaraguegira."
Mr. Motsu: "You're not late."
Xyrho: "Oh... uh... sorry we're not late?"
Mr. Motsu: "No problem."
Hawk: "What took you guys so long?"
Xyrho: "Sleepyhead over here wouldn't wake up."
Me and Xyrho were terribly short of breath, but we made it. So, the day begins, starting off with the usual lecture.
Mr. Motsu: "...and so that's why ice doesn't sink in water. Any questions?"
-Silence.
Mr. Motsu: "All right, now we're-"
-Bell rings.
Mr. Motsu: "Oh, it's time already? All right, class dismissed!"
And that was just first period. You remember when we ran into Aurelli yesterday. So yeah, I find my way to room B-3 and sat there for a couple of minutes.
Xyrho: "Uh... why are we here again?"
Hawk: "We were supposed to help out that girl, Aurelli. Remember?"
Xyrho: "Oh yeah..."
So Aurelli shows up, carrying a light load of books.
Aurelli: "Hey guys!"
Kiyobi: "Hey!"
Hawk: "H-Hi..."
Xyrho: "Sup?"
So we got together and showed her around for a few minutes. We showed her the bathrooms, other classrooms, the cafeteria, and other essential places to go.
Hawk: "Hey, Aurelli?"
Aurelli: "Yes? Uh... Hawk, right?"
Hawk: "Right. Did you make the archery team yesterday?"
Aurelli: "Yeah! With flying colors, too! Bullseyes on all the targets!"
Kiyobi: "Whoa! That's unheard of!"
Aurelli: "They say I'm gifted." *Smiles*
-Bell rings.
Kiyobi: "Oh, next period's about to start."
Aurelli: "All right, my next class is that way. I'll see you guys later!"
-Aurelli walks to her next class.
Hawk: "Man... she's hot..."
Xyrho: "What was that?"
Hawk: "Nothing."
So we went to our next classes, which we didn't share. I have Ms. Hinata for math second class. Nothing interesting there. Just lectures, and me showing off my math skills. Then, lunch time. My favorite time of day. Until now.
Kiyobi: "You guys want to go to the cafeteria?"
Xyrho: "Naw, I got my own lunch."
Kiyobi: "All right. What about you Hawk?"
Hawk: "I'm coming. I need something to eat."
Xyrho went to the lunch area while me and Hawk went to the cafeteria.
Kiyobi: "They make some pretty good food here. You got to try their sushi, it's awesome!"
Hawk: "Cool! I can't wait!"
Or so I thought. So, we fell in line and gathered some food and paid up. We found Xyrho and took our seats.
Hawk: "Aww man, this food looks good, I'm so hungry!"
Hawk was just munching that food like a Yoshi or something, then he just froze.
Kiyobi: "Uh... Hawk? You all right?"
Hawk: "W-Where's the restroom...?"
Kiyobi: "Over there."
Hawk: "Thanks."
Hawk then ran as fast as he could to the bathroom.
Xyrho: "What's with him?"
Kiyobi: "I don't know."
Then I took a bite, and I realized why Hawk ran to the restroom. I ran as fast as I could and just puked. I found Hawk in the stall next door.
Hawk: "Dude, I thought you said the cafeteria food was good!"
Kiyobi: "I know, I know..."
Hawk: "Oh man... that had to be the worst sushi I ever ate..."
Kiyobi: "We got to go talk to the chef about this."
So me and Hawk walked back to the cafeteria and demanded to speak to the cafeteria. Then I suddenly realized why the sushi was bad. There was a new chef! Either that, or the old chef has a depression fix and a sudden viking obsession.
Kiyobi: "Hey, I've never seen you around here before..."
New Chef: "Oh ho ho ho!"
Oh man, worst Santa Claus imitation ever.
New Chef: "What do you kids want?"
Hawk: "Are you the one who cooked today's sushi?"
New Chef: "Why, yes! Don't you think it's just wonderful?"
Wonderful?! Little to big of an ego there, huh viking boy? I mean come on, he doesn't even look the slightest bit Japanese! How can he cook a decent plate of sushi?
Hawk: "It sucks."
New Chef: "Pardon?"
Hawk: "It. Sucks."
New Chef: "My, my, my, picky, aren't we?"
Kiyobi: "What happened to the old chef? Chef Takai?!"
New Chef: "He quit."
Kiyobi: "Quit?!"
As'sisstant: "Yeah, he got tired of this job, so he got a new job at a restaurant right across the street."
Hawk: "Really? Well, that restaurant's going to get another loyal customer soon!"
As'sisstant 2: "Hey! Sven! We need some rice!"
Kiyobi: "Sven?"
New Chef: "That's me." "I'm on it!"
-Sven looks for rice.
Sven: "Listen, I'd love to stay and chat, but I must get back to work."
-Kiyobi and Hawk exit the kitchen.
Hawk: "Well, wanna go to the restaurant?"
Kiyobi: "Yeah. I want to persuade Chef Takai to come back!"
Hawk: "Aren't you thinking a little to selfishly about this? He quit the job voluntarily, it's gonna take more than a little conversation to persuade him to come back."
Kiyobi: "Well, what would you rather do? Eat Sven's cooking?"
Hawk: "Uh... good point."
You know, I felt so stupid when I hadn't mentioned this before.
Kiyobi: "Why don't we just bring our own lunches? My mom cooks a nice teriyaki beef bowl."
Hawk: "All right."
-Stomachs grumble.
Hawk: "HUNGRY!"
Kiyobi: "Yeah, now that you mention it... I'm starved."
-Hawk and Kiyobi return to the lunch table they sat in.
Xyrho: "So, did you guys make it?"
Hawk: "Barely."
Kiyobi: "You got any food to spare in there?"
Xyrho: "Well... I got a small salad."
Kiyobi & Hawk: "Can we have it?"
Xyrho: "Sure, help yourselves."
Who knew salad tasted so good? Me, personally, I only like lettuce. But wow, even salad tastes good when you're hungry!
Kiyobi: "Wait a minute... where'd you get your lunch from?"
Xyrho: "I asked your mom."
Oh... man... I feel stupid. I bet Hawk feels the same way. He's the one who left early!
So the most horrendous lunch period in history comes to a close, and we head to our next class. Me and Xyrho share classes, and Hawk had his own. Our class was Mr. Takashi in history. Oh man, history. Such torture, I hate history! But I think Xyrho begs to differ. I think he's obsessed with it. Reminds me of this one character in this novel I read, this lady was insanely obsessed with it. Get her near a ruin and she won't stop surveying and researching until she falls asleep. I think her name was like... Raine or something... but who cares? That was just a story. Xyrho's like the real thing, without the over obsession.
Then, last period, we gather again in the same class for language arts with Mr. Ginkei. Honestly, I don't understand the point with all this kanji. Did you know there's over 1000 kanji in the Japanese language? (Ture fact!) So, after the trial that is language arts is over, school comes to a close for the day. We all met outside to head home. But before we left, someone took the advantage of the moment...
Girl: "KIYOBI-I-I!!!!"
I mean, holy cow, she scared the living daylights out of me! She just tackled me, or kind of piggybacked... as I was still standing. Barely.
Kiyobi: "H-Hey... it's nice to see you, Cream..."
I guess I forgot to tell you guys about her. Her name is Cream Misute (Mi-sou-teh). We've been friends as long as I can remember. We're so close, we have a brother/sister bond going, you know? She's also the cutest girl you'll probably ever see. She's got like the looks of an angel!
Cream: "Are these guys new friends?"
Xyrho: "Who's she?"
Cream: "My name is Cream Misute. Nice to meet you!"
Xyrho: "I'm Xyrho Regira. I'm a transfer student."
Hawk: "And I'm Hawk Shugo, a tansfer student too."
Cream: "Nice to meet the both of you!"
Kiyobi: "What brings you here, Cream?"
Cream: "Well, I need help on my math homework. Can I come over to your house later?"
Kiyobi: "Of course!"
Cream: "All right! See you guys around!"
-Cream walks off.
Xyrho: "Wow. She's got like looks of an angel or something!"
Hawk: "Yeah, I'm surprised not many guys have fallen for her looks yet."
Kiyobi: "Hawk, you don't want to know why. Trust me."
So we all walk home. I was looking foward to dinner. Seriously, after what happened at lunch, I'd eat (almost) anything!
Ms. Kawazaki: "Welcome home! How was school?"
Kiyobi: "All right." Hawk: "Great!" Xyrho: "It's ok."
Ms. Kawazaki: "I hope you guys are hungry, I'm making sushi for dinner!"
As long as it beats Sven's cooking, which I definitely know it will, bring out the food!
So we all have dinner, and Cream comes by and I look over her homework while Hawk and Xyrho try to get the hang of chemistry (taught by Mr. Motsu if you haven't figured it out already). So, another day has come to a close. I saved Cream a lot of frustration, Hawk probably has a heavy crush, and Xyrho has yet to find something interesting. Well, guess that's it for today.
Ja mata ne, oyasumi nasai; See ya later, good night!

On the next episode of Surviving Daily Life:
We all can agree, school sucks. But then, school does have its good points. You meet new people, get to socialize, get to get out of the house, and find new exciting things. What's a school without exciting events to give a break from all the work? Tomorrow's Wednesday, the most laid back day of the week. This is because we get shorter classes and longer break periods and lunchtime. What's weird is that something's bound to happen on Wednesdays. Last week, the sickest prank was pulled on a senior. Someone loosened the legs off of a senior's chair and it collapsed! The week before, Diamond High's football star Ken Rezoku broke the school's field goal distance record! What's in store for this week? Only time will tell.
Surviving Daily Life: Episode 3: Wednesday Tradition; I can't wait what happens this time!