Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ Golden Yellow ❯ The Allspark Leaves Its Mark ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don’t own Transformers. Neither the 2007 Movie nor the cartoon series. Hazbro/Takara do.

Summary: 2007 Movieverse. AU. Sam Witwicky lived in a normal town with normal friends…Until one day when he was ten, he was touched by the Allspark. The changes had lain dormant, but now they want set free… Slight SamxBumblebee.

.oOOo.

A/N: Woe… my first Movieverse fic… I hope I don’t mess it up!

I’m getting the DVD when it comes out and I’m going to rewatch it. I can assure you that more Movieverse fics will come out of my head, as well as this one being worked upon.

I have no clue when I can update. Just look for it, or put me on your Author Alerts and you'll get lots of thanks!

.oOOo.

Golden Yellow

Prologue: The Allspark Leaves It’s Mark

“Come on, Sam!” Miles called. “We’re going to be late!”

Sam Witwicky pulled on his shoes and zipped up his jacket. It was nearing winter, and the air was crisp and chilled.

Going on eleven years of age, Sam was not a popular boy. Not exactly a loser, but not exactly a heartthrob, Sam was in the middle.

His friend Miles was taking him to the park. Sure, he could go there on his own, but he wanted some time with his best friend. His family was busy; his father had work and his mother was out somewhere with her friends. She claimed she never got to spend ‘girl time’, so she had left.

Sam was a responsible boy. He could take care of himself, his parents knew. They also knew that Sam had wanted to spend time with his best friend.

Thus, Sam found himself in the backseat of Mile’s father’s car, squeezed in between Miles and the food they had brought.

“What do you want to do there, Sam?” Miles asked, planning to put in his own suggestions, lest Sam need them.

“I want to go on the swings and the monkey bars and the blacktop and play basket ball and…”

“Woe there, Sam!” Miles father cut in, grinning. “I don’t know if we’ll have that much time.”

Sam, who had realized just how much he was rambling, immediately stopped. He wasn’t exactly the sports type, he much preferred to read or go on drives with his parents.

“I know what I want to do,” Miles put in, grinning at Sam. “I want to find as many guys as I can and start up a race. Won’t that be fun, Sam?”

Sam shrugged. “Sure…” he muttered, glancing out the window for something to distract him. He didn’t see anything of interest.

He lived in a rather small town, nothing exciting rarely happened. The people had always liked the quiet atmosphere.

He suddenly noticed something… some sort of cube… just lying on the side of the road…

No… That wasn’t right. Just lying on the side of the road? It shouldn’t be there…

His thoughts began to conflict, and he saw something… like a flash of light.

It entered his body and he blacked out for a second.

Just a second.

Then, it passed, like it had never happened.

Sam sighed. He should probably get some more sleep when he got home.

They soon reached the park, and Sam and Miles hopped out. Miles had a little more of a bounce in his step than Sam did. Sam all of the sudden wasn’t looking forward to this little outing. He felt sick, like he was going to vomit.

He grabbed his stomach and moaned slightly, not wanting to catch the attention of Miles or his father.

His head was pounding to its own beat, something like a drum pounding all through his scull. He willed the pain away, but it would not be stopped.

“What’s wrong with me?” he whispered, tears of pain and frustration welling up in his eyes.

Miles came over.

“Come on, Sam! The playing stuff’s this way!” He grabbed Sam’s arm, not seeming to notice that his friend was feeling a little off color.

Sam groaned again. He wished the pain would stop!

Stop! Stop! Please! It hurts! It hurts!

Oh how he wanted to go home and sleep.

Home… Warm… Safe… No pain there…

He didn’t feel himself pass out.

.oOOo.

Miles’ father drove quietly to the hospital, worry for Sam growing with each stop sign. He had called in ambulance, and they had taken Sam on a stretcher into the medical vehicle, siren’s blaring.

Miles was confused and scared. What was wrong with his friend?

When they reached the hospital, Mile’s father got out, closely followed by Miles himself.

They entered the clean smelling building, Miles’ father filling out paperwork that Sam’s parents would have to validate when they got there.

He had called Sam’s father immediately after the accident, assuring him that Sam was being taken to a hospital to get an MRI and some other tests.

“Sir?” a nurse asked. “Are you related to Samuel Witwicky?”

“No, Ma'm.” Miles’ father said quietly. “Is there anything at all you can tell me?”

“I’m only supposed to tell his parents…” the young nurse said, flustered.

“His parents are going to be late,” Miles’ father said quietly. “Can you please tell me something? I brought him here… He’s friends with my son…”

“All right,” the nurse said, regaining some of her composure. “He has been stabilized, and all brain activity seems normal…”

“And?” Miles’ father asked, noticing how she trailed off.

“We think… Was he doing anything stressful at the time he collapsed?” she suddenly asked.

“No… I don’t think so…” Miles’ father answered slowly. “He and my son were just going to play at the park…”

“I see,” the nurse said, smiling slightly. “I think we’ll keep him overnight, just to make sure that everything’s going to be okay.”

“All right,” Miles’ father said, giving his own slight smile.

“You can wait here for his parents, if you want.” The nurse said. “Can you tell them what I told you?”

“I will.” Miles’ father said quietly. “The important thing is that he’s alive and well.”

The nurse nodded in agreement, quietly excusing herself to go back into the halls and find another patient.

Mile’s father sighed. This was going to be a long day.