Transformers Fan Fiction ❯ The Bots of my Dreams ❯ The Race for Life: Part Three ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 23: The Race for Life: Part Three

By KellyQ

T-ai put a cold rag on R.E.V.'s burning forehead. His breathing was shallow and raspy; please hurry up, she thought when footsteps could be heard from the hallway. She turned her head to see the Spychangers and Team Bullet Trains; with Midnight Express caring Rail Spike in his arms. Rena was not present though.

"What happened?"

"They got us before we could fuse! The basters!"

"Don't worry .... as soon as I have a check over and a oil bath I'll be right."

"Yea but they had no right to hurt you like that!"

"Gentlemen, please," Midnight insisted, "there's no reason for us to argue."

"What's ... Rail Spike, are you all right?" Optimus asked walking up swiftly.

"He'll be fine after he gets checked and an oil bath."

"Good idea .... wait a minute? Where's Rena?"

********************

"You're willing to exchange your self for the antidote?" Megatron asked as Rena nodded her head. "I except. Bring her forward!"

"With pleasure!"

Scourge started to walk closer when firing could be hard from up above. The Decepticon leader backed up as he and Rena looked up to see a shadowy figure from standing on the roof of one of the building with smoke coming out of his gun.

"Magnus!" She hissed.

Rena paused when she realized what he was doing; he was pointing his own gun at her. What is he doing, she thought feeling fear starting to control her. He then jumped down still having his gun pointed at her. Magnus looked at her for one moment then turned toward the Decepticons to see that they where driving away. He turned and stopped to see his ex-girlfriend looking coldly at him.

"You're a traitor Magnus," she said coldly, "I would have had the antidote if you didn't interfere!"

"I'm sure." he responded pushing her out of the way.

Rena turned her head watching him walk away; I'm not going to let him get away with this! It's time that I teach him a lesson in manors! She turned jumped into the air powered up and landed right in front of her ex-boyfriend.

"Go ahead, Magnus," She mocked stepping closer, "what's the matter? I thought you wanted to see me dead?"

The Autobot brother stepped back up transformed making a U turn; using his stun laser attack Rena was flung back two feet out cold. When a pool of light appeared as Optimus and Sideburn coming out. The young Autobot brother transformed and ran to his girlfriend's side.

"Rena ... what did you do to her?" Sideburn asked angrily.

"Stopping her from making a stupid mistake."

Optimus watched his brother with a worried look in his optic sensors. He then turned to his friend who was picking up his girlfriend off the ground.

"Sideburn, take Rena back to base and wait for further instructions." Optimus said as he transformed and drove after his brother.

**************

Rena sat up suddenly hissing Magnus' name. Then recognized that she was back base; she was about to lay back down when she shot back up again with fear in her eyes.

"Did we make it in time?"

"It helped bring the fever down and doing real damage to his spark. The dad news is that if we don't get the rest of that Anti-matter, it will do a lot of damage to his CPU turning him blind and ...."

"And?"

T-ai couldn't say the rest. How could she? It was bad that everything has gone bad from worse.

"Well?" Rena asked causing T-ai to come out of her thought.

"He'll die."

"How much time?"

"I don't know. Weeks, mouths … where are you going?"

"I have to get that antidote …" Rena said walking to the door, "the Spychangers are counting on me to have that antidote in my hand!"

"And I have an idea …. if you are willing to here my idea that is."

TO BE CONTINUED …

SKY BYTE- I wonder what the idea is

KELLYQ- Oh you'll find out.

SKY BYTE - and when am I going to admit my feelings to Megatron?!

KELLYQ - - Oh you'll find out …

SKY BYTE -- *mutters* I think she's having fun torturing us …

KELLYQ - - I hard that!