Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Doshaburi ❯ Chapter 2

[ A - All Readers ]

A/N: This one is new to the fanfiction community, unlike everything else uploaded here. It has only been uploaded one other place before here, and that's my writing journal. It was *supposed* to end up at Fanfiction.net like everything else here used to be, but it never did. I nearly forgot about this one…. The title, in case you're curious, means "Pouring Rain". I thought it was fitting….

Disclaimer: I don't even own the DVDs! I've got a doujinshi and some fansubbed tapes that someone taped off for me…does that count? *meep* *bad fangirl* I mean to get those DVDs! Honest!

Yes, the rights to Trigun are on my list of things to accquire….Right along with my plan to…*meep* Nevermind. You're not supposed to know about that… >)

Warnings: None, really.

Pairings: Implied Vash x Wolfwood…You've come to expect that about my fics by now, haven't you? Mmmm, boy love…*swoon*

Doshaburi

Vash the Stampede sat under the overhang of a building, staring up at the sky. It was a dark, full grey that promised rain; an awesome, dangerous, but much needed gift on the desert planet.

It's almost the color of his eyes.

A few light sprinkles usually preceded the devastating rains of the planet, and as the first few began to fall, he breathed in their scent and smiled.

He looked back up and his thoughts drifted. He searched the sky as though looking for proof of the god the two people he loved most believed in.





"What does your god look like?"

He remembered the time he'd asked Nicholas D. Wolfwood, traveling priest and sharpshooting gunman that question.

Nicholas had looked at him, first with wide-eyed shock, and then with a smile.

"He looks however you want to look, Tongari." Nicholas' eyes got distant, a sad smile passed across his face. "Those who have seen Him don't usually come back to tell about it. Besides, God is love, right? You don't love with your eyes, Vashu, you see it with your heart."

He'd reached over and ruffled the gunman's blonde hair, causing some of the spikes to fall down. Vash hadn't minded so much; these were late-night conversations. It weren't a though he'd be likely to be going out anywhere soon. As if to confirm the thought, Nicholas had stood, crushing out his cigarette on the table as he passed it.

"Early morning tomorrow, Tongari. What do you say we get a little sleep?"




Vash resurfaced from the memory, staring up into the clouds.

If your god were to show himself now, Nicholas, what would he look like?

As though in answer to the thought, lightning lit up the dark sky, and the rain began to pour.

"Hey! Mister! Rain's not safe around here, y'know!"

"Yeah. I know."

Vash stood, wrapping his coat tightly around him.

Not exactly what I was hoping for. I guess in my foolishness, I was hoping he'd show himself the way you always said he look. In the form of love...

I guess I was hoping he could drop me one of his angels for a while. I know you are one....

I miss you, Nicholas....


With one last look to the sky, Vash turned and entered the hotel.

"Maybe in your dreams, Tongari..."

Vash turned at the sound of the voice he thought he'd heard, but there was no one behind him. He smiled anyway.

Maybe so, Nicholas....

Vash headed up the stairs to the small room he'd rented for the night. He flopped down on the bed, and closed his eyes.

Vash the Stampede, the legendary gunman, and wanted outlaw slept. His dreams were filled with one of God's most precious angels, and the most unconventional priest the planet had ever seen.

Vash dreamt of his own angel, Nicholas D. Wolfwood.