Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ That First Meeting ❯ Thoughts of Love ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Set in episode 9, "Murder Machine," in the bus scene where Wolfwood and Vash are talking. Vash thinks of Wolfwood and love.

Warnings: Unbetaed, stream of consciousness, very mild yaoi (i.e. no sex here, it's what used to be called shounen ai), and a mention of twincest.

Rating: I'd say 13 up. If you're old enough to watch the anime, you're old enough to read this.

Word count: 349

Pairing: Wolfwood x Vash x Wolfwood equality with very slight hints at Wolfwood x Milly, Vash x Milly, and Knives x Vash

.

At first, I didn't know what I thought of you.

You seemed like a snide, loudmouthed jerk, much like Neon was. After being shot up more times than I can count by those types of people who always have something to prove, I don't like them, even though a lot of people think I'm like that myself.

It was when I saw you feeding the kids that I knew you weren't just another swaggering, insecure excuse for a man hiding behind machismo and bluster. The words we shared afterward felt like a hundred embraces, like a thousand kisses.

I never thought I could love again, especially another man. Having your psychotic twin as a lover for almost fifteen years does that, you know?

There's so much I want to say to you. I want to thank you for being there for me, for saving my life on the alien ship, for fighting alongside me as if you trusted me with your life and I trusted you with mine.

I should know it, there are no masks, no pretenses between us. Nevertheless, I'm not good at this sort of thing. I always sound mushy or like a guy who hasn't had any in years, and I don't want to make a scene like that with you. You're too good for that. Instead, as we settle into our seats for the remainder of our trip to May City, I rest my arm on the seat behind your shoulders as we talk a little more.

You seem worried about appearances, so you get up and sit next to Milly a few minutes later. I kind of like her, much for the same reason as you like me, and I can see that you've noticed her as well. Although I can't help but wish your head was resting on my chest, I know it will be sometime, when no one else is around to see, when we're alone and safe and, for a moment, at peace.

Though I'm never sure if I'll be able to say it in words, I love you, Wolfwood.