Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ The Foreign Exchange Student ❯ Discovered ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

It was one of those days that Kyon constantly yearned for. A quiet, peaceful day. He sat at his desk, sighing happily that Haruhi had yet to arrive.
“KYON GUESS WHAT?!”
His melancholic day had come an end.
“What?” Kyon moaned quietly. He didn't really want to know, but he figured he should just go along with it. I'd be much less painful.
“There's a foreign exchange student!” yelled Haruhi. “We gotta recruit him! SOS Brigade can go international!”
The SOS Brigade was a club that Haruhi had made, and forced Kyon to join against his will. It stood for “Save the World by Overloading It With Fun With Haruhi Suzumiya”. They were created to help Haruhi find espers, time travelers, and aliens- and when she found some, she didn't even know they were. They were yet to become an official club.
Kyon felt bad for the student. When he could be learning about Japanese culture, going to fun places, buying souvenirs and all that stuff, he would be looking for people that he probably thought didn't even exist.
“Hey Kyon,” said Haruhi, “maybe he's Chinese! Or maybe African! Or maybe even an American! This could be dangerous stuff. Go prepare for our new member!”
So Kyon left to the club room, knowing that even if he didn't want to help, he get into it anyway.
Little did Kyon or Haruhi know, the new exchange student was much more foreign than they could've imagined…