Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ The Sound of Life on Planet Gunsmoke ❯ Episode 27: Dulled Knives ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Announcement: Listen up! I’ve decided to rewrite this story. I read it over and was unhappy with the lack of detail I had in some parts. This is just a trial revision.


The Sound of Life on Planet the Gunsmoke
by Hungry SanoEpisode 27: Dulled Knives The twin suns had just risen over the horizon. The sky was a clear blue, with no signs of clouds. It promised to a wonderful day. Despite the twin suns that beamed down, today just seemed like things would go smoothly. At least, that was the very thing Vash the Stampede had hoped for as he sat in a wooden chair between a window and a bed. Looking back from the window and toward the bed, he examined the sleeping body that rested in it. It had been three days since the conflict between him and this person, but Vash tried not to dwell on it.

Despite the evil transgressions of this man, Vash still forgave him. Everyone deserved a second chance, even if he did take countless lives. Vash smiled, thinking about the words of the late Rem Saverem. He then thought about the fact that Meryl Strife spoke those same words, which helped bring him out of his deep depression after being forced to murder Legato Bluesummers.

The man sleeping peacefully in the bed next to him was the one who caused it all, but Vash was still forgiving. Perhaps that was what separated Vash from most people, he mused. His ability to forgive, despite extreme transgressions wasn’t something he had to will himself to do. Vash wasn’t really the vengeful type. He could be if he wanted to, but it really didn’t suit him. At this moment one question shook him up a little.

What will he do when he wakes up?

Millions Knives felt like he had just survived a train wreck. His wounds healed after three days, thanks to his brother patching them up right away, but his head felt light. Something inside of him changed. He thought about how painful it was when Vash shot him. It was nothing compared to what he had dished out. He was a superior being, but killing things weaker than him seemed a bit…unethical. Before he would just call it cleansing the planet, but he seemed to see the flaws in his ideals. Of course, he still saw the flaws in Vash’s, as well.

His eyes slowly opened to see that he was in a small inn room. He could feel a soft warm bed under his back as he turned his head to see the famous 60 billion double dollar man sitting in a chair beside the bed. He spoke, half awake and still feeling a little weak for the ordeal,
Vash smiled down at his brother warmly. "Oh! So you're finally awake. It's been 3 days, you had me worried."Knives weakly asked,After all I've done to you and your friends...why didn't you just kill me?"Vash lowered his head, looking at the floor.are so many reasons I can give you. The first one being that we're brothers. reason is Rem."yebrows rose.you mean?"looked back at his brother with a smile. “She told me two things. The first thing was that no one has the right to take another's life. The second thing she told me right before she died....was to take care of you, Knives."Knives gasped with widened eyes. that?"Vash nodded. "Yes, she did. She cared about you, too. Rem wanted the best for us both."looked down at the floor in self disgust. He always believed that Rem was full of pacifistic nonsense. However, the pain that he was experiencing right now made him see her way of thinking. He thought that pain and suffering would end as soon as the human race was exterminated, but not all humans were bad. A revelation hit him at that moment. In order to save the butterflies, he killed the spider. However, by hunting and killing spiders, Knives became a spider himself. He killed like those spiders killed the planet Earth, thus becoming the very thing he hated. “Vash....I......"’s smiled never dropped as he continued to look his brother in the eye. “Hmm?”
Knives choked at first, but he got his words out slowly. “I apologize for everything. When you shot me that last time, I actually thought about the pain that I made those people suffer through and realized that many of them suffered even more so than even that. All of that murdering...was never necessary. Humans already suffer enough by killing one another. You were right, brother. I had no right to do what I did."nodded and put his hand on his shoulder in reassurance. "Hey, it's over now. Let's try and put it behind us now."nodded. "Yes...I'd like that."Vash's POV: that's how I got my brother back. After a few more days in bed, Knives was up and about again. It seemed funny, but we didn't seem all that different from each other. Well, maybe a little. Knives would sometimes bring up boring conversations, but I didn't care. I had my brother back. I wanted to go see those insurance girls again, too, but how would they react to Knives? If it weren't for that stupid bounty on my head, I would have visited them at their office or something. ----------------------------------Meanwhile, Meryl sighed as she laid her head back against the bench, staring into the sky. She felt empty for some reason. Looking into the clear, blue sky, she imagined seeing Vash's goofy smile. It made her smile a little, but her feeling of emptiness kept the smile from lasting very long. Meryl Strife's only problem wasn't missing Vash, but she was bored out of her mind.

She kept thinking about the moment that he left to fight Knives three days ago. He looked so determined. He smiled before going. That alone assured her that he would be all right and that he would be back. Meryl also noticed that Milly was always finding things to do. She must have had thoughts of Wolfwood ever more now since she seems to be always asking for extra work, no matter how much it may be. Meryl feared that one day Milly would burn herself out from taking on so many tasks at once. However, despite Milly’s habit of working too hard, she was still Milly Thompson. Sharp as a sword, yet ditzy, always smiling, and never giving up. Meryl knew in her heart that Milly would be all right. If Meryl didn’t know Milly as well as she did, she would have never guess that she had even been through any unpleasant times in life.

then, Milly sat down beside her, cheerful as ever. “Good morning, Meryl!"didn't even look Milly's way. "Morning...."put her hand on Meryl's shoulder.”C'mon, ma'am. Cheer up! It's a beautiful day outside!"sighed. "Yeah."face frowned in a saddened and concerned manner. "I know how much you must miss Mr. Vash."shouted, "That's not it! Okay, well maybe it is! Darn it, I just don't know!"face went into an expression of pure confusion. "Huh?"sighed. "I do miss him. It's been a nice adventure hanging around him. It's funny, but sometimes I can still hear him shouting ‘love and peace’ at the top of his lungs."smiled. "Really? Me, too! I can hear it right now, actually."sighed. "Yeah...wait a second!"The insurance girls turned around and looked just down the street to see two blonde men marching down the street, holding up the respective symbol with their fingers and shouting everyone's favorite slogan.AND PEACE! LOVE AND PEACE! LOVE AND PEACE!"Vash and Knives marched happily down the street, ignoring the strange looks they were getting from the townspeople. They honestly looked like a couple of weirdoes, but it didn't matter to the two plant brothers.

For Knives, it was strange. It was the silliest thing he’s every experienced! Absolutely absurd, even, not to mention just plain childish! It was hard to believe that Vash talked him into making a spectacle of himself like this. However, Knives found it to be quite fun. Without a care in the world, he continued to chant along with Vash. At least he could understand why he did stuff like this. Perhaps all this time, Knives took things much too seriously, he mused. the pair continued their loud, and to some, peculiar chanting,pointed and exclaimed, "Look! It's Mr. Vash and some guy that has a strong resemblance to him!"Milly could ask Meryl if she wanted to go and greet them, Meryl was already standing on top of the bench, waving her arms like a raving lunatic, "Yoo-hoo! Mr. Vash! Over here! It's us! Milly and Meryl! Looooook! Hey, over here, blondie! I said, get over here, Vash!"

Meryl found that it was quite difficult to keep her emotions under control after seeing Vash again. She felt like something inside of her just exploded with a warm, fuzzy glow that spread across her entire body. Milly, being as sharp as she is, noticed the bright look on Meryl’s face. She smiled, happy that her long time partner and best friend was happy again. She also waved to the pair, hoping to get their attention.and Vash stopped their chanting and looked around. Knives noticed the crazed woman waving her arms while jumping up and down on top of a bench. He thought to himself,she flaps her arms any faster, she just might take off...."looked to his brother, "Um, Vash? Is that chicken lady standing on the bench someone you're familiar with?"looked over to see Meryl and waved back, "Hey, girls!"The two brothers approached the insurance girls. Knives felt somewhat uneasy since he hadn't totally gotten over his guilt. Meryl, taking notice to the resemblance between the two, figured who the man next to Vash could be. She knew this was the infamous brother who made his life a living hell for over a century. This slightly scared her.then, Milly cheerfully asked, "Hey, Mr. Vash. Where's that red coat of yours?"smiled goofily. "Oh, I got rid of that old thing. Since the fighting's over, I don't really need it. Not to mention that bounty on my head."turned to her partner and asked, "Meryl, wanna tell him?"snapped her fingers and perked up. "Thanks for reminding me! Mr. Vash, we arranged a report that cleared your name! We took it to the courts and it took about a week, but it finally went through! We pulled all of our resources and managed to get written statements from all the people that you’ve helped in the past. You don't have to worry about any bounty hunters anymore."grinned, "Really! That's great! I guess I owe you again. By the way, there's someone I want you to meet. This is my brother, Knives."shrieked, "Your brother?!"
extended his hand shyly and said, "It's nice to meet you."The insurance girls looked at each other, and then at Knives. They both shook his hand with sweat drops on the back of their heads. They both we pretty nervous just being around him. Milly couldn’t even look him in the eye. This was the very man who caused her one and only love to die such a horrible death. He took Wolfwood away from her. He was mean, nasty and a horrible person. He deserved to be locked away forever! Of course, she hid these feelings behind a mask of cheerfulness. If she showed these emotions, she would worry Meryl. Meryl deserved to be happy, especially with Vash here, and it wouldn’t be fair to ruin it with her negative feelings toward Knives. She decided that it would be best to keep her emotions in check.worry," said Knives with a friendly smile, "After all I have done, I don't expect you to trust me immediately. I truly understand if you mistrust me."Meryl's POV: Mistrust just wasn't the word! I was overjoyed when Vash returned, but seeing the face of the very man who practically made Vash's life a living hell, not to mention leading a group that killed hundreds of innocent people made me nervous. I just wasn't convinced that he had really changed. He had to be up to something. How could one fight change anyone's way of thinking? It was just too convenient. ------------------------------------------------------Meanwhile, in the desert, a figure dressed in an olive green cloak comes across a read coat and large silver revolver. A hand covered by a black glove picks up these items as a loud, frightening hiss is heard. A raspy, vile sounding voice spoke.the Sssssstampede...."A man with short, brown hair wearing black overalls under a green bomber jack ran up behind the cloaked figure. His grey eyes narrowed as the wind blew sand at his face. "Boss, what's wrong? Ya find something of interest?"The man in the green cloak replied,He showed him Vash's coat and gun and smiled diabolically. "Thisss could only mean one thing. Vash the Ssstampede isss defenselesssss. Now all we have to do isss find him. But first, we must find Millionsssss Knivessss."man in over alls nodded. "Right. I'll go scout the nearest town. He shouldn’t be too hard to find, given his tendency to kill humans by the hundreds. Master Legato will be quite happy about this."A voice from behind them exclaimed,it right there, you bastards!"The two men turn around to see a guy who looks no older than 19 wearing a long, dark blue coat, and thin eyeglasses holding two semi automatic .45 pistols. His clothes look roughed up and partly torn. Through his gritted teeth, he managed to smirk with her blue eyes narrowed.The boy said cockily,ya....Viper."man in the cloak scoffed, "Yesss..you found me. Conssssideering that I almosssssst killed you the lassssst time, you mussssst wish to be finished off."boy gritted his teeth, "You killed Carla and all those townspeople, but I won't let you kill anyone else!"sighed. "Donovan the Anarchisssssst. You may take your leave into town. I will deal with thissss annoyance."nodded. "Sure thing, boss." He made his way into town without delay.looked at the boy with a predatory glint in his eyes, "Forgive my rudenesssss, I never assssssked for your name."boy replied with a sneer. "Quicksilver Quinton. Try to remember that in your journey to hell!"Viper scoffed,boy."boy exclaimed, "You first, you bastard!"Both combatants drew their guns and opened fire multiple times.--------------------------------------------------------Donovan came into town with a determination to seek Vash and Knives. It was just his luck that he found them in a restaurant that was right near the town entrance. He saw Vash, Knives and two women sitting at a table together. This made Donovan raise an eyebrow. Knives, of all people, coexisting with humans! That couldn't be. He must be luring them into a trap. It was the only logical explanation. He stepped inside and took a seat at a nearby table. He observed carefully, but a waitress came to his table. She was a cute, cheerful girl who had to be no older than sixteen years old. She had long, red hair tied into long pigtails the extended to her lower back. She also had a petite, yet well proportioned figure that told him that she was quite healthy and possible a bit athletic, as well.The young waitress approached him with a smile,sir. Is there anything you would like from the menu?"Donovan raised an eyebrow.menu? I see no menu."The waitress pointed down at the table,on the table in front of you. Just look down, sir."Donovan looked down and sure enough, there was the menu. He sweat dropped.knew that."waitress giggled. "Of course you did, sir. Do you need time to decide your order?"shook his head.just gimme raw meat."The waitress' face looked somewhat appalled,Donovan narrowed his eyes at her, "You DO know what raw means, don'cha? It's when ya don't cook it."The waitress glared at Donovan.rude!"
----------------------------
Meanwhile, Vash and Knives were having a joke telling contest. Milly had a hard time with trying to stop her laughter as she was already laughing to the point of tears. Not because the jokes were funny, but they were so bad that she couldn't help laughing. Meryl, on the other hand, was on the brink of insanity from the corny jokes.Knives grinned,here's a good one. Kenshin Himura is at a bar which is on the 45th floor of a building. He orders a drink from the bartender, but just before he takes a sip, a guy runs to the bar, grabs a drink, downs it in one gulp and jumps out the window. Kenshin shook his head, feeling sorry for him, but 2 minutes later, the same guy, comes back up the stairs and downs another drink and jumps out the window again. Kenshin is now curious. So when the guy came back the stairs, Kenshin stops him and asks how he did it. So the jumper tells Kenshin to drink the beer in one gulp, jump, and the updraft will carry him to the roof. Heeding this advice, Kenshin tries it. Kenshin downs the beer and jumps out the window, falling to his death. The bartender looks at the guy and says, ‘You're a real bastard when you're drunk, Vegeta.’"Vash snickered a little, and then went into a laughing fit, banging his fist against the table. Milly and Meryl were totally lost and didn't get the joke.Meryl shook her head at the two brothers' bad joke telling.who the heck are Kenshin and Vegeta, anyway?" asked Meryl.answered, "Vegeta's a manga character who can fly. And Kenshin's a character who can't."started to giggle. "Oh! I get it now!" Then she fell over onto the floor, laughing heartily.sighed as she rubbed her temples. "Somebody, make it stop....."Vash ordered himself a plate of donuts, which he attacked like a rabid animal. Being the polite guy he was, he offered everyone else one, also. Milly and Meryl humbly accepted, but Knives declined.don't like donuts?" asked Vash.shook his head. "Those things are too fattening. If you keep eating like that, you're going to be a blimp!"smiled deviously. "Well, in that case, we can be the blimp brothers!" Vash grabbed a donut and shoved it into Knives' mouth. He laughed hysterically as Knives narrowed his eyes with a mouth full of donut. He chewed and swallowed reluctantly and glared angrily at Vash. His eyes showed rage as he stood up, piercing Vash with his eyes. Vash’s eyes went wide after seeing the look in his brother’s eyes. He trembled a s he prepared for the worst. After all he did to trying curing his brother of his obsession with killing, Vash felt that all was lost. Perhaps it was too early to try joking with him like that. In either case, Vash feared for the lives of everyone around him. sneered. "Vash, that was an unforgivable act, even if you are my only brother. Mock my words, Vash. I will make you pay for this."tried desperately to calm him down. "Knives it was just a joke! Calm down, bro!"walked away while saying, "Then I will have the last laugh, Vash. I promise you that."and Meryl watched in shock. Meryl suspected that he hadn't really changed, but she didn't expect him to blow up like that over something so petty. She sighed as she though how much more trouble would be ahead because of this. The remaining trio remained silent, looking down at the table.the same time, Donovan watched with intrigue. "Looks like he had somethin' up his sleeve after all. Vash the Stampede is as good as dead," he said to himself. A smirk crept onto his face as he continued to watch Knives. He saw what Knives was about to do and frowned. He turned his head away and thought. "You gotta be shittin' me...."noticed footsteps approaching from behind him. Meryl was the first to look up and see Knives behind Vash with a hand behind his back. Milly looked up next to see this, also. They both slowly reached for their weapons as Knives finally spoke.Knives narrowed his eyes even more.it's time to suffer the consequence. Turn around and face me!"slowly turned around. "Knives, please, let's just talk about th-"Vash the Stampede was the victim of Knives'...."....Custard cream pie?" Meryl muttered.exploded with laugher after witnessing the slapstick. She once again hit the floor, rolling about with uncontrollable laughter. Meryl snickered a little at this also. Then, Knives joined in. Before Vash knew it, the whole restaurant was in an all out laugh-fest at his expense.muttered. "Geez, it wasn't THAT funny...."Milly pointed at Vash and exclaimed, "Mr. Vash's head looks like a giant melted marshmallow!"The laughter in the room got even louder. Vash couldn't help doing this, so he joined the laughter. Now everyone was in a fit of laughter. Except one man. Donovan the Anarchist. He sat quietly in disgust. Knives had betrayed the cause. He frowned at his discovery.won't be happy to hear this and neither will Master Legato," thought Donovan, "I'd better report to him soon. But first, I'm gonna get some amusement to calm me down."As he stood up and was about to leave the waitress came to his table with his order.She quietly sat the plate on the table.your raw meat, sir."Donovan smirked.Collins."The waitress gasped. "Huh? Do I know you from somewhere?"continued,16. Family currently in debt. Working as a waitress to help pay that debt. 10 thousand double dollars."She looked frightened. "How...how did you know all that?"turned toward her with a sly smile, looking into her eyes. “Never mind that. How would you like all of your debts to vanish? I can make that a reality; all I ask is a favor."took a step back. "W-what kind of favor?"Donovan's sly smile got wider.want you to be my bed warmer."Adrian gasped with some red on her face,can't do that...!"Donovan shrugged.just thought you'd like to help your family. I'll take my money elsewhere."called to him.To help mama, papa, and Kyle....I'll....do it."smirked at his success.Meet me at the inn down the street this evening. You may dress in little or no attire."With a victorious smile on his face, Donovan the Anarchist walked out of the restaurant to report to Viper. He sneered as he walked by the table where Knives and the others sat. Soon, all hell was going to break loose.

Adrian couldn’t believe what she just agreed to. It was insane! However, to help her family, she would sacrifice her purity. Even if it meant total corruption, she would save them, even if it meant doing something as dirty as this. A tear fell from her eye as she walked back into the kitchen area where her mother and father slaved over the hot oven, making crowd pleasing dishes. They worked so hard to keep this place running. Business was booming, but bandits who would come by every week would demand a ‘protection fee’ which got higher every time the visited. Eventually, the bandits demanded so much, that they could barely pay the taxes on the restaurant. They got way behind in tax payments and now they were in danger of being put out of business, and of being homeless.

Her mother looked up from the beef stew she was masking and asked, “Andrea, is everything all right, dear?”

She nodded. “Yes mother, I’m just fine.”

----------------------------------------------------< br> Quinton's body dropped to the ground. Blood ran down from the corner of his mouth. Through gritted teeth, he managed to smirk again. He looked up at Viper who stood over him with a menacing hiss and pointed his gun directly at his head. hammer cocked back, threatening to launch a hot, speeding bullet. Then, Quinton slipped his hand into his pocket and smiled slyly.The boy muttered, "Then pen....is mightier than the gun....."Viper exclaimed, "What? Die!"Quinton's hand was too quick as he drew a steel ink pen from his pocket and stuffed it into the barrel of Viper's pistol. He then kicked it out of his hand and sprung up onto his feet, charging at Viper with a spinning kick. managed to lunge his upper body aside from Quinton's kick and punch him in the gut with enough force to have him doubled over and violently coughing. Viper looked down at Quinton and scoffed, "Idiot. You usssssed all of your remaining sssssstrength on that recklessss kick of yourssss."Quinton's Monologue: There I was. Facing certain death by the hands of a madman. No, a true monster. My strength had been used up in a previous fight with him that took place 20 minutes prior to this one. I could actually feel my life force seeping from my body like water from a busted pipe. I was gonna die. Instead of avenging my sister....I was going to join her. I couldn't honor her wish for me to live a full and happy life. It was all over. Or so I thought.isssss the end....boy!"a voice called from behind Viper, "Ask.....and ye shall receive. Repent and thou shall be saved."spun around, "Who the?! Chapel?!"
Go in peace, my friend," said the newcomer.sound of machine gun rounds ringing out resounded throughout the vast desert. Viper's body flew 5 feet away from Quinton and landed with a dull thud against the sand. Quinton looked up at the figure that saved him. He was a tall, dark haired man with blue eyes. His hair was cut short and he dressed in a black priest’s suit. However, what kind of priest would carry a cross-shaped machine gun? Quinton had never seen anything like this. He dressed like a priest but, priests don’t go around capping people with machine guns! Despite being dumbfounded, he was relieved.
Quinton sighed with relief.a lot, man. You really saved my butt back there."The man nodded.no problem, kid. By the way, have you seen any blonde guys with big, red coats anywhere?"Quinton stuck his hands in his pockets.take it you mean Vash the Stampede. I haven't seen him, but the bounty on his head has been voided, so looking for him is useless."The man raised an eyebrow.How'd that happen?"Quinton explained,case was taken to the courts by two women who work at some insurance company. They gathered a bunch of witnesses who said that Vash saved their cities and he couldn't possibly be a killer. At first, the judges weren't cooperative, but since no real evidence could be found against Vash, the bounty was cancelled."The man responded with,Interesting. In either case, I have to find him. Is that May City up ahead?"nodded. "Yeah. I was just about to go there, but I feel like I'm gonna pass out from exhaustion and injuries." Wolfwood then lit up a cigarette.that case, I can give you a lift on my bike over there."Quinton smiled.I’d really appreciate it, Mr., uh..."Then man said simply,Nicholas D. Wolfwood."
Quinton nodded. “I’m Quinton Valentine. I’m also known as Quicksilver Quinton.

Wolfwood helped Quinton up and walked him to his bike. He raised an eyebrow at the boy and said, “Ya know, kid, you’re a bit young to have a gunman’s nickname. You shouldn’t be walking around with those things.” He gestured to Quinton’s twin silver pistols. “Take it from a man who’s seen way too much.” He helped Quinton onto the back of the Angelina II and then loaded his cross on behind the boy before getting on himself. Quinton leaned up against Wolfwood's cross as the bike took off toward May City.Initially they were both silent. So much so, that it became a bit awkward. Quinton decided to break the awkward silence as he inquired,Wolfwood, how come you need to see the legendary humanoid typhoon?"Wolfwood sighed and replied,a strange story. I died a while backQuinton sweat dropped,sure...."up and lemme finish already!" Wolfwood shouted.
stayed silent.
Wolfwood continued, "Anyway, recently, I was brought back to life by some crazy looking machine. I woke up in some underground lab and met this scientist guy. He said his name was Doctor....uh...Doctor Arai."Quinton exclaimed,so you know him? It's small world after all...." Wolfwood trailed off.saved my life a long time ago," said Quinton, "But, anyway, he made a machine to bring back the dead?"Wolfwood nodded,But, he was just testing the thing. After a few adjustments, he tried again and something bad happened. Real bad."
Asked an intrigued Quinton.machine went crazy and started to glow with strange energy," said Wolfwood, "And then Legato came out with that crazed smile on his face."Quinton asked, "Who's that?"’s a real monster. Nothing satisfies him more than killing people." Wolfwood sighed. "It’s a damn shame."Quinton exclaimed. "Wait! What happened to gramps?!"Wolfwood reassured him,old man's okay. I pushed him under one of the lab tables before Legato could spot him. I know he escaped, but I just don't know where to. But then Legato saw me. He used his powers to make me pick up a near by screwdriver and stab myself in the head, then he left."Quinton scoffed.makes no sense. How can you survive such a thing?! Are you tryin' to pull a fast one or what?!"sounded a bit irritated, "Calm yourself, kid. Anyways, I managed to pull it out before falling unconscious. I woke up 5 minutes later and I was totally fine. I think that as a side effect from the resurrection, you gain an ability you never had. Mine is a fast working healing factor. Whatever takes a normal person to heal in a day, I can heal in less than a second. I was lucky, but it still hurt like hell getting stabbed like that!"said a perplexed QuintonWolfwood looked at the sign the lead into May City. here."entering May City, Wolfwood hopped off his bike and helped Quinton off right after. They immediately went to a hospital to getmedical attention. At the hospital, Quinton was taken to a room accompanied by Wolfwood and a young nurse. The nurse left to get the doctor, leaving Wolfwood and Quinton alone for a bit.Quinton asked,need Vash to help you get this Legato guy?"Wolfwood nodded.a nutshell."Quinton then asked,the way thank for killing him."Wolfwood raised an eyebrow.That freaky snake guy? Nah, I was loaded with rubber bullets."Quinton gritted his teeth and shouted,Damn it, you should've killed him!"frowned.I don't play that game anymore. Feel better, I'll see you around."put his hands in his pockets and took his leave. He shook his head at the thought of a kid so young talking about murder. It reminded him too much of himself and worried him. Then again, it was a sign that the world didn't change much since he died. Walking out of the hospital, Wolfwood took a cigarette from his pocket and stuck it in his mouth. He lit it up and puffed. When he exhaled, he said to himself, "Welcome back, Wolfwood."

As he wandered about, he thought about his current situation. It was weird, but he couldn’t remember anything after the moment he died. The last thing he could remember was the alter he knelt down before during his final moments. Did he go to Heaven or Hell? Was he in limbo? All was a blank spot in his memory. He just did know what happened after his last moment of life.

Then, there was that weird machine, which was the cause of his resurrection and Legato. He had to find Vash either way. Even if Vash wouldn’t be much help in tracking down the scientist, he was the only one Wolfwood knew of who could fight him off. However, finding a clue to where the inventor of that resurrection machine would prove to be the hardest task of all.

He took another puff of his cigarette and thought about Milly. She was the light of his life and maybe the only woman in the world who could see him for what he was and still cared for him despite his demons. She was such a sweet, caring, gentle soul. Not to mention she was much smarter than she let on. She was naïve in a way, but she could construct accurate deductions faster than you can say, ‘You’re really Vash the Stampede!’ That’s one of the things that made Milly so intriguing.
------------------------------------------------Meanwhile, at the restaurant, the gun slinging quartet still sat around the table, talking about various things. Knives talked about how the planet could be made into a beautiful paradise, like the planet Earth used to be, Milly talked about the good times she had with her family and Vash talked about random stuff that no one could really relate to in any way. Yes, Vash was a bit on the weird side. Among these things being discussed, Meryl decided to ask a serious question. "Now that the fighting is done, are you two going to find jobs?"jumped in shock from the word ‘job’ and then put a big cheesy grin on his face. "Hey, would you look at the time? We have to go, right Knives?"Knives raised an eyebrow quizzically. "Go where?"kept his phony grin up and said through his teeth, "To the thing we were going to, remember?"had a completely confused expression. "You never mentioned this thing to me, Vash."chuckled nervously as he could feel Meryl's glare from across the table. He put his head on the table, hiding his face from said glare. Knives sighed and shook his head at his irresponsible brother. As Milly chuckled at the whole scene.

Meryl asked, “And what were you planning to do, huh? Freeload off of some poor, unsuspecting soul?! I don’t think so! You’re gonna find yourself a job and work, just like a normal human being!”

Knives interjected, “But he’s not a-“

A deadly glare.

Knives smiled nervously. “Um, however, I do see your point. Please, continue.” Vash sunk down into his chair as Meryl tore into him about him irresponsibility.
---------------------------

sun went down in May City and the city was in the process of going to sleep until the next day. Knives and Vash were staying at the inn with a room next to Milly and Meryl's. But, they were all in Milly and Meryl's room play cards. cheered, "Read 'em and weep! All aces!"threw down their cards, groaning at their losses. Milly opened up her arms and took all the donuts that were on the table. Vash was in tears, watching the last of his donuts being taken away. Meryl stretched her arms and yawned. She stood up and looked out at the window at the crescent moon.it's getting late. We should all be getting to bed," said Meryl.nodded, "Right! I'm beat." He jumped right into the bed and snuggled up against the pillow.gritted her teeth in rage as she marched over to Vash with a raised fist. "I meant YOUR bed, you blonde lecher!!!"and Milly covered their eyes as the sounds of hard pounding and Vash's screams for mercy filled the room. Knives looked to Milly with s smile and said, "I think it's time for us to leave. See you in the morning."Knives walked into the hallway, "Milly called, "Goodnight, Mr. Knives!"

Vash flew out the door and slammed into the hallway wall, upside down, and dropped to the floor. “UGH!”

Knives looked down at his brother and sweat dropped.night, Mr. Vash!" Milly cheered.glared at Vash and bellowed, "Rest in peace, pervert!" Then she slammed the door.poked his brother and asked, "Vash, are you still alive?"replied in a dazed, cracking voice, "I summon thee, Suzaku! I love you, Tamahome!"sighed, "And here I thought knocking someone's brain loose was just an expression...."He picked his brother up over his shoulder and walked back to their room. Vash shouted, "Put me down, Gou! I am Elle Ragu! You cannot beat up my Shadow Skill! I am invisible! Or am I invincible? Wait! I'm Elle! I'm both! Mwahahahaha! Lalalalala...!"-----------------------------------------
There was a knock on Donovan's door as he sat in his hotel room. He smirked, know exactly who it was. He was going to have a sinfully good time tonight.
He opened the door with a chilling smile, "So glad you came. Ms. Collins. Please, come in."girl stepped inside of Donovan's hotel room. She had on her waitress uniform, still. She had shame written all over her face. But, to help her family, she was willing to go through with it. Or so she thought. She really didn't trust this man. Something inside of her told her to question him, so she went with her heart.Adrian spoke nervously,me, but you said you would give me the money after we're done, right?"smirked. "What money?"shouted, "The ten thousand double dollars for my family's debt!"Donovan chuckled. "Just kidding. I remember. You'll get it after we're done."Adrian's voice shook as she looked away from him,want to see it first, please."raised an eyebrow,don't trust me?"shook her head, still avoiding eye contact. "No, I don't."you're going to have to. Now come over here," said Donovan as he motioned for her to cone to him.Adrian shook her head,until I see the money....it’s my first time doing something like this. I don't want it to be for nothing."Donovan smirked.shut the door and locked it behind him. He took the key and dropped it down his pants with a devious smirk on his face. He looked at Adrian with sex crazed eyes.devious smile turned psychotic.were right not to trust me. There was never any money. But, it's too late now. I'm going to have fun taking away your innocence and turning you into a horny little slut!"shrieked, "Someone, help me!"chuckled,one can hear you. I put sleeping powder on all the beds except for mine. It's so strong that even if there are in the room, they'll be affected. Now, come here. You don't have much of a choice."dash to the window and looked down, then at Donovan. "I'll jump out of this window and kill myself, I swear!"grinned.ahead. Then your family will have to live without you, won't they?started to cry. "Why? Why are you doing this?!"scoffed.you ask? I'll tell you. Because humans are worthless. To me, humans are just play things for being like me to be entertained by. So now, I'll make you entertain me. My pleasure will be your pain."there was a knock on the door. service," said a voice from outside.raised an eyebrow, "What? I didn't order anything!"voice from the door then replied, "Haiiiii-YAH!"looked confused, "What the hell is Hai-yah?"**CRASH!**door came of the hinges and fell onto the floor as Quinton flew through the air with a flying karate kick. He landed beside the frightened Adrian and asked, "You okay?"was too shaken up for words, so she simply nodded. Quinton nodded and flashed a quick smile before turning back to Donovan. He sneered as his opponent smirked cruelly.frowned. "You tried taking advantage of a sweet, innocent girl like her for your own amusement. Parasites like you make me sick."sized him up a bit while asking,what are you planning to do?"smirked. "I'll give you a clue. The best way to get rid of a parasite it to eliminate it immediately."reached into his pocket. "Not in your condition. You're just beggin' for me to kill you, aren't ya?"Quinton's eye narrowed.it."reached for his guns....but just remembered that he forgot them while sneaking out of the hospital. A huge sweat drop materialized on the back of his head as Donovan smirked, pulling out a black long barrel .357 magnum pistol.smirked with gritting teeth.my special hand cannon. I don't usually kill before I victimize cute teenage girls, but I'll make an exception tonight."*POW*gun was knocked from his hand by a speeding bullet that came from the hallway. His eye narrowed as he looked toward the direction in which the bullet had came and saw Wolfwood with a .45 in his hand. The barrel was smoking from a fresh shot.Wolfwood sighed. "It sure is noisy in here. I didn't even get to room and I already get a disturbance."With a sneer, Donovan said, "Another traitor....Chapel."slapped his forehead, "I wish you people would quit callin' me that, especially since I don't even know you."sneer changed into a smirk. "You'll know soon enough, my friend." He turned to Adrian with a smirk. "You got lucky today, girly, but don't think that means I won't come back for ya!"With that said, he jumped backwards through the window, laughing evilly the whole way down. Quinton ran to the window to see if he was dead. No person could do that without at least being seriously hurt. When he looked out the window, Donovan was nowhere in sight.smiled brightly. "Thank you both for saving me, how can I repay you?"Wolfwood put his gun away and smiled. "No thanks needed. Just be more careful from now on.” He then glared at Quinton. “As for YOU, aren't you supposed to be in the hospital?"Quinton shook his head. "Nah. I'll be fine. Besides, I can't afford to stay in bed all the time."Adrian stared at Quinton for a while and said, "He looks like he'll pass out if he moves around anymore....."Wolfwood sighed. "Whatever you say. Anyway, I'm going to bed. You should walk the girl home."Quinton shrugged. "Fine, but tomorrow we have to talk."
----------------------------------------------Wolfwood parted ways with Quinton and the girl, in the corner of his eye, he saw a man with tall, blonde hair walk into a room and close the door behind him. He turned toward the door and thought, "Could it be him?"to the door with caution, Wolfwood reached for the knob. He slowly turned it, surprised it was unlocked. He then slowly opened the door and stepped inside the room, making as little noise as possible. He then quietly shut the door behind him. He saw that it was Vash who was sleeping soundly in one of the beds. In the other bed, he couldn't tell who it was. He crept over to the bed where Vash was sleeping and jabbed his side with his finger.up, bonehead," said WolfwoodVash replied, obviously still asleep,Mr. Duncan. We shall feast on donuts and get fat for all eternity..."then jabbed Vash's ribs with his fist, "Get up, moron!"turned over and yelled, "Watch out, Mr. Duncan! I think Homer Simpson found our stash!"sighed in annoyance. He decided to use a rubber band that he found in his pocket. He stretched it is far as he could pull without breaking it and aimed for Vash's ear. He then released it.*POP!*jumped and screamed like a little girl,Something bit my ear! Please don't kill me, Mr. Tyson!"Wolfwood gritted his teeth and punted Vash out of his bed, causing Vash to wake up in mid-flight. "Huh? Hey, I can fly! What the?!"*CRASH!* *THUD* *CRACK!*was now nothing more but a wall decoration. His head was stuck in the wall and sticking out of the wall right above Meryl's bed. Meryl's eyes slowly opened to see Vash's head locking down at her in her night gown.gasped. "Vash? HOW DARE YOU?!"Wolfwood heard Meryl's scream and uppercut which sent Vash flying back across the room and into his bed again. He was asleep again with a black eye. Wolfwood's irritation soared to new heights now. He decided to just drop on Vash's gut with an elbow,What the hell's wrong with you?! Go to bed, Wolfwood....Wolf....wood? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"Vash's scream sounded through the entire floor, lights in other rooms came on, including Milly and Meryl's. Knives sat up in bed, still half asleep, "Vash, what's all this screaming about?"Vash pointed toward his bed, ”A ghost! There's a ghost by my bed! This room is haunted! Can we switch beds, Knives? Please?!"Knives groaned, "There's no such thing, Vash! Grow up!"Wolfwood walked over to the switch and cut on the light. He then smirked at Vash and said, "Long time, no see. Vash the Stampede."Just then Milly and Meryl came into the room. They both gasped at the sight of their favorite giant cross toting priest. He turned around with a smile and said, "Hey, girls. It's been a while."Milly's emotions were barely under control as tears began to fall down her cheeks. Despite her tears, her smile was as bright as ever. Meryl's expression was one of complete shock. No doubt, she felt a heart attack coming on.
~Preview~
Vash: Sorrow and hatred fills the hearts of the people as emotions are carelessly toyed with. One man's toy is another's life as the human heart grows cold. Hatred grown from death and suffering freezes the heart, throwing the concept called "peace" into a dark abyss.
Episode: The Vengeful Youth