Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Vash and Knives Baby Book ❯ Bath Time ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
I can do this…I will just ignore the constant cracking of my fingers as I type with cramped up hands…
Do I look like someone that owns Trigun? Oh yah you can’t see me…While I wish I owned Trigun I don’t.
Due to reasons beyond my control we had to restart the computer…so all my fan fiction stuff was erased much to my anger…so this was erased along with all my other fictions. Fictions that had yet to be finished and posted on this site, and this chapter to this story. I’m scrambling to get everything fixed, I’m way behind in all my updating and I’m surprised I haven’t gotten a mail box full of angry mail asking what’s taking so long for me to update... I’m serious people send me angry mail when I take long to update. PLUS we had a power outage around were I live, so we had zero internet, cable, lights and hot water. I’m really sorry, events happened that were far beyond my control.
And for those of you who belong to Media miner I want you to know that I put more of my stories that are here on that site. You might want to check out my Media miner account, since there are stories that I’ve written that are posted only there, since FF.N won’t allow them, and I belong to the Forum there so you might get a chance to chat with yours truly.
AND I AM NOW A COLLEGE STUDENT! I was accepted to my local Community College as a full time student and will even be taking writing courses! While I don’t think I’ll pick up being an author as a career, I will still be writing for this site.
888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888 88888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888
Vash and Knives Baby Book
Chapter Five
Bath Time
“Lets see here…fresh cloths, baby shampoo and soap, baby nail clippers, bath toys, diapers and powder…and lots and lots of towels and a mop near after the boys are done splashing around” Rem checked off each item that she had placed in the bathroom; she was glad that each crew members room had a personal bathroom, Vash and Knives seemed to like having competitions with each other to see who could flood the bathroom the fastest. The boys loved splashing each other and their adopted mother; Knives had a rather typical habit for a child his age, he had started to get a little over his habit of biting things and people since his teething was starting to become less painful to him. Now he had a brand new habit; he liked throwing toys and other things at people. The other day he had thrown one of his bottles at Steve’s head and he screamed at the boy saying that he should know better; then he stormed out refusing to admit he was wrong for screaming at a baby who didn’t know better, leaving Rem and the other crew members to try and consol a hysterical wailing Knives. Steve really had no patience when it came to the boys, and he already was afraid of them saying that they were monsters that they should have gotten rid of the moment they were born from one of the plants.
Sighing she checked that the water in the tub was not to cold or hot then she walked out of the bathroom to see the two boys playing with their toys. She could almost see little gold halos over their heads and feathery wings dawning their backs, how could Steve or anyone else for that matter see the twins as anything else other then sweet little angels? Smiling she walked over to the boys and kneeled down to their level; both boys had their pacifiers in their mouths, she really wished Mary hadn’t given them to the boys, the little rubber parts could break off and they could choke on them…the boys kept managing to find them no matter were she tried to hide them, she couldn’t give them back to Mary or throw them out, she didn’t want to upset Mary. Still smiling she took the pacifiers out of their mouths “You boys ready for your baths?” Vash giggled his answer and Knives answered her by throwing his stuffed black cat at her head, the cat had a built in voice box so it meowed as it bounced off her head and landed on the floor behind her. Shaking her head she picked up both boys and carried them into the bathroom; she took off the light blue jackets and shorts that had become their regular attire and threw them in the hamper, then took their diapers off. Happy to be free of those strange puffy white things their foster mother put on them they began to wiggle around trying to keep out of Rem’s reach.
“Like it or not you two, your getting baths” She managed to scoop the boys up and placed them into the tub. The water only went high enough to keep their legs bellow water, but not enough to where if either fell backwards there was a risk of possibly one of them drowning. She placed a few bath toys into the tub for the boys to play with as they took their bath and then set about washing Vash first, lucky for her that while the boys might splash and get everything wet, at least they liked getting baths. Vash giggled and played with a plastic sailboat that was floating around the water near him; he picked it up and started splashing water around as he hit the water with the sailboat, getting Rem soaked. “Hey Vash, your suppose to sail a sail boat not sink it” Rem joked taking the toy from him and placed it back on the water and continued to wash the blue eyed boy. She looked over at Knives who was playing with the rubber duck on his side of the tub. “You’re both just babies…and you guys probably won’t understand what I’m about to say but…” Rem finished scrubbing the younger of the twins and began rinsing the soap off “Back on Earth were I came from before coming on this ship; you use to ride sailboats on the water, or ride really big ships to get to other countries on the other side of the sea. I had someone I loved back on Earth and he said that if we ever got married he would take me on a ship for our honeymoon.”
The raven haired woman finished rinsing off Vash and played with the sailboat and pushed it so it moved over to Knives, the blue eyed baby blinked at the boat and picked it up. “I guess in a way I did get to go on a ship and sail a sea even though he isn’t with me for the trip…I’m riding a ship on a sea of stars” Rem smiled down at the two blond twins “When we get to the new world and we ever get ships and things built…I’ll take you on a ship so you can see the sea, how does that sound to you two?” the boys being young didn’t understand what their adopted mother was saying and began a splashing war. “Hey! Your getting me wet you two!” Rem said good naturedly putting one of the towels up to her to block the water, when the two was done with getting everything more soaked then it already was Rem washed and rinsed out Vash’s hair. “Alright Vash your all done…you can play now while I wash your brother” Rem said giving Vash a rubber squeaky fish to play with. While Vash was the easies to wash Knives was always a problem with how he liked throwing things “Alright Knives it’s your turn now” Rem said soaping up the washcloth, Knives made a mischievous noise and threw the rubber duck at Rem’s head. The duck sailed through the air, landed on Rem’s head with a loud squeak and fell on the floor in back of her.
“Now come on Knives, just a few minutes and this will all be over and you and Vash can have your afternoon nap” Rem said trying to get the blonder of the twins to stop squirming and stay still long enough for her to wash him. But being that Knives was a baby, with baby soft skin that became slippery when wet wasn’t helping things, Knives slipped out of her reach every time. Knives giggled and squealed as he slipped out Rem’s hands again; the young woman grabbed for the boy again and this time succeeded “I got you, you little trouble maker!” Rem joked holding the oldest of the twins, she scrubbed the boys and rinsed him off and began washing his hair. She didn’t know if the boys heads were sensitive to touch or not; but for some reason both boys loved having their hair washed or brushed or whatever it was that had to be done with it. The older boy brought his big baby blue eyes up to look at his foster mother with his fist in his mouth; Rem looked down at him and smiled, both boys always did look adorable with their hair full of shampoo. She rinsed the boys off and then one at a time took them out of the tub and wrapped them each in a towel, she set them on the plush white bathroom rug “Now you two say still while I clean up the tub” but of course with babies staying still never agreed with them, and for two blond, humanoid planet twin boys who grew at a rate not normal to humans, this was just as true for them if not more.
While Rem washed out the tub she didn’t witness one of the events that parents often waited for, Vash put his chubby hands on the floor and pushed himself to his feet. His legs not use to holding the weight of his body just yet he almost fell; but managed to stop himself just in time, he looked at his brother still sitting on the floor, still wrapped in a fluffy white towel, things were a little smaller from this height. Deciding to try the moving thing his adopted mother and those other people did when up like he was, he tried putting his chubby foot in front of him…and this time he did fall. However Rem was to absorbed in cleaning up to notice what the twins were up to at the moment, so she didn’t see the youngest again push himself into a standing position again and this time was able to walk. Seeing his brother’s first steps Knives decided to give walking a try too, however it took a few tries to stand before he could try at walking, but was soon walking out the door with his bother without Rem even noticing. The two boys walked out of the bathroom and out of the room and into the hall; but being as unsteady as they were on their un trained legs trying to keep their balance they made their legs move faster, and before they knew it even minutes before having taken their first steps they were now having their first run as they raced down the hall.
Liking the fast pace both boys laughed as they ran around the ships halls turning corners and running every place they saw. They ran through the empty cafeteria and past the medical bay near by; having so much fun they didn’t see the figure in front of them as the turned another corner, but then again even thought they had learned walking and running all in one day, stopping was still going to take some practice as they crashed into the figure and topped over onto the floor. The boys looked up to see the large frame of a familiar brown haired man; both boys knew this man, he was the scary guy that liked to yell at them that their foster mother and the others had to stop from bullying them. Steve looked at the two naked baby boys sitting on the floor and threw them a disgusted look “And just what…are you two little monsters doing?”
888
“VASH! KNIVES! WHERE ARE YOU TWO!” Rem ran around the ship looking for the two boys; she had only taken her eyes off them long enough to clean out the tub and she turned around to see them gone, the towels on the floor but the babies no where in sight. “BOYS! WHERE ARE YOU!” Her own panicked yelled were brought to a stop when two familiar wails came from the near by hall, along with yelling of a very familiar voice. Rem ran to the hall to see a naked Vash and Knives getting screamed at by Steve yet again.
Just who the hell do you two think you are!” Steve bellowed not caring that the pair in front of him were crying their eyes out “Running around without any cloths on! Do you two have any kind of respect!” Rem ran over and gathered the two crying boys into her arms before turning her gaze to her fellow crewmate.
“Steve their only babies!” Rem tried once again to make Steve see reason.
“If their old enough to run around the ship, their old enough to know not to…to go streaking around the ship!” and with one last scowl to the children he dubbed as threats to the lives of everyone on board the SEEDS ship, he left to start the remaining work he had left to do on the ship. Rem was left to comfort the two crying boys.
“Its okay, its okay” she soothed holding the two close and watched as Steve walked down the hall before turning one last glare at the woman.
“Mark my words Saverem! When those two little monsters finally show their true colors, I’ll be the first one in that line ready to remove them from this ship! And I don’t mean through cold sleep!” Steve threatened.
“I won’t let you! No one has the right to take the life of another!” Rem said “They would never do such a thing Steve, you and I both know it!” Steve glared one last time and left the woman to tend to the crying boys. However sadly within a years time both Rem’s and Steve’s words would ring true; while Rem would be correct on that “they” as in both boys would never do something as what Steve hinted at, Steve would be correct that while it wouldn’t be both, but one of the boys would become a threat. And Steve himself for the one year worth of abuse to the twins; he had planted and sewn the seed of hate in the heart of one of the twins, and in doing so he would help bring about the very thing he was afraid of.
8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888 8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888
Did anyone see what I added in here? Knives stuffed black cat was sort of my way of adding Kuro Neko Sama into my story, he appears in every episode so I would like him to at least appear in one or two chapters of this story.
I honestly believe that Steve is the reason why Knives is the way he is in the Anime, while finding Tessla’s chopped up body was the reason in the Manga. However sometimes I go by the Manga and other times I go by the Anime. I honestly believe that if Steve hadn’t beaten and been the way he was with Knives, and if things were explained more clearly to Knives about curtain things then he would have turned out okay. However Knives hates humans; and hate is not an emotion we have, people learn how to hate from those around them, and Steve gave Knives a lesson in hatred in more ways then one.