Trinity Blood Fan Fiction ❯ Trinity Blood: Wings of Darkness, A Bloddied Rose Ch.1 ❯ A New Begginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

ï—CHAPTER 1ï—
My name is Chi Aoyama. I've been looking for a job for awhile now. While looking through some papers, I found an article that the Vatican was looking for new members. I had always heard of the Vatican and how they are trying to unite the two feuding “kingdoms”; the Methuselah and the humans. I knew some of the members had special abilities, since I heard my father complaining about how they are so high and mighty just because they have powers. Father is just jealous.
After reading the article, I decided I would try and get a job there. I picked up my résumé and stood up. I looked around at my poor-looking room. It was empty, except for the tattered bed in the corner. The dark gray paint was peeling off the walls and littered the floor with dry flecks of paint. I sighed at the sight of the dreariness and hoped I would be accepted.
I was nervous, though. Even if the job was worth it; which I had a feeling it would be; if they were to discover my dark secret…Who knew what would happen?
I stepped out of my depressing room and gripped my résumé tightly in my hands, feeling the paper crumple. I took a deep breath and then called out to my sleeping father, “I'm leaving; I'm going out for awhile.” I had called earlier to the Vatican and they said they'd send someone to pick me up, so I could be interviewed.
I walked outside and looked up into the starry night sky. A cool breeze brushed past me, sending a shiver down my back. I wrapped my arms around myself to try and warm up. It was hard to, however, because I was wearing a thin, short-sleeved shirt, and denim shorts.
I started to think to myself. “I wonder what the person is going to look like. Are they going to be dressed richly? Or perhaps poorly? I really have no idea…” I sighed and continued to muse over the confusion, until footsteps brought me back to reality.
I looked up to see a man approaching me. He had long silver hair pulled into a ponytail. His eyes were a deep, ocean blue, but it was hard to tell with his glasses covering his eyes. His skin was pale, which made him look frail and weak. Somehow I sensed he was far from weak.
“Would you happen to be Chi Aoyama? I'm to take her to the Vatican for her interview…” He said in a cheerful voice.
I leered at him warily. “Isn't it more polite to introduce yourself first before asking questions?” I responded curtly.
He jumped at the tone of my voice and replied to me apologetically. “Of course! Please excuse me. I am Father Abel Nightroad of the Vatican.”
I smiled gently, my eyes twinkling mischievously. “You don't have to apologize. I was just teasing you. I'm not a strict type of person.” I paused and chuckled. “Well, at least not too strict.”
Abel smiled and chuckled a little, although nervously. “So shall we head off then? I don't think it would be too wise to be late. Caterina will kill me if I bring you late.”
A loud yell caught us off-guard and we both whirled around to see my father slam the door open and run out of the house.
“WHERE THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING CHI??!” he shouted.
Abel looked at me confused. “Didn't you tell him you were going?”
I rolled my eyes. “Of course I did. He just didn't listen.” (Or *cough* hear *cough*)
I froze as Father charged towards me and kicked me to the ground. I slammed into the ground hard and lost my breath as I hit the concrete. I heard Abel start to fret and he started to stammer to me.
“C-Chi? W-what's going on here?” he turned nervously to my father. “U-um, Mr. Aoyama, there's no need to be so violent!”
Father angrily glared at him, and then decided to punch Abel squarely in the face. I heard a loud thud as he fell to the ground in an undignified heap.
“Mind your own damn business! Chi is my daughter and I decide what she does and will do!” Father roared as he kicked me on my side. “You stupid little bitch! You were going to let our little `secret' out.”
I stood up angrily; being used to the usual abuse Father usually threw at me. Abel had recovered by then and sat up groggily. He stood up and then held me up by putting my arm around his broad shoulders. I smiled at him gratefully and he smiled weakly.
I turned back to Father and said in a grim tone, “I'm not your little experiment anymore, `Father'. I can be whatever I want to be, and I decided I want to join the Vatican.”
Father scowled at me, deeply angered, but a frequency interrupted our conflict. The sound rang in my ears and it hurt.
“What's the hold up, Father Nightroad? You were supposed to have brought Miss Chi Aoyama for the interview 20 minutes ago.” A woman's voice cut in.
I'm terribly sorry, Sister Kate. We're having trouble with her Father, Mr. Aoyama.” Abel sighed.
I heard another sigh come from his mike and then the woman said, “We'll send someone over to help.”
“You don't think I can handle this?” Abel whined. He received no reply.
Two other men had been sent to help with our problem and soon we were on our way. Abel was sulking as we got into a large, sleek-black car. I found it amusing as he continued to moan about how he could've handled it, but then moved onto how he'd been hurt and wanted to get some ice.
“That was very troublesome. His punches really hurt, too!” He whined. “Chi, has he always been this rough? Why is he so violent?”
I grew irritated with his complaints and snapped; all of my amusement gone. “Well, being slapped and kicked isn't exactly a walk in the park, either.” I crossed my arms and looked away, and out the window to see nothing but streetlamps and buildings.
I heard a chuckle from the driver and I felt a gentle grip on my face. Abel turned me so I would face him. I frowned and glared at him. He flinched at the look.
“What are you doing…?” I growled.
“I'm just checking your cheek.” He explained, and then let go. “Your cheek looks pretty swollen. It seems like he punched you more than he slapped you. How's your side? He did kick you hard on your side.”
I turned away again and looked at my side (on the left, since I was sitting on the left.) I pulled up my shirt slightly and looked at the bruise that was shaped like my father's foot and colored like a rainbow.
“Oh well, it'll heal in 3…2…1…” I thought to myself and watched as the mark started to disappear.
I noticed the passenger in the front was watching me and asked, “Upon observation… Why has your wound healed so quickly? It is not possible for a human being to recover so quickly.” He said in a cold, monotone voice.
The driver looked at him and asked, “What are you talking about, Father Tres?”
Tres didn't answer him and continued to watch me warily. I shivered at the look; it was too cold to be human, as was his voice.
Abel looked at Tres confused and then looked back at me. I ignored them and looked back out the window, while pulling down my shirt.
We finally arrived at the building, where a large gate sat in front of the large building. It was elegantly built and I looked at it in awe.
The mood was ruined when Father Tres asked me again, “How was it you were able to heal so quickly?”
I scowled darkly and yanked the door open, while waiting angrily for Abel to come out of the car. When he did, he beckoned for me to follow, and so I did while thinking, “Already, I am being found out? What is to come to me in the future?”