True Blood/Southern Vampire Mysteries Fan Fiction ❯ Ooh Rah ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
A/N: Hello, there. So what does everybody think about two chapters in one night? Pretty awesome right? So here goes! Enjoy, loves.
After walking for about 30 more minutes, Eric and I stop in front of a Texas de Brazil.
"Do you like this place?" Eric asks looking at me.
"Umm, I wouldn't know. I've never been. But Idolove steak." I say with a smile. I've seen this place before, but never been able to justify spending nearly $50 on one meal. So, needless to say, I'm pretty damn excited about getting to eat there.
We walk in, and luckily there isn't a line. The waiter takes us directly to our table, in the more private part of the dining room.
"Wow. This place is amazing!" I sat to Eric. "Look how big that salad bar is!"
Eric laughs. "Well, Miss Stackhouse, I didn't bring you here to eat salad, now did I?" There he goes with the smirk again.
Now it's my turn to laugh. "I guess not. So are you really okay with answering any questions I have?"
"Of course I am. You have a right to know."
Alright, Stackhouse, here it goes. "What do you do in the Marines?"
"I'm a grunt. So, in other words, I don't have a specialty, per se." He smirks at me again. Damn, that smirkÉif I was a different kind of girl, I'd have him back in my bed tonight.
"Okay, so I think that's what my brother is going to end up doing. What is your rank?"
"I'm a staff sergeant. I command a squad of about nine men, and lead them. Answer to my platoon sergeant, who in turn answers to the platoon leader."
So, that's pretty cool. He leads men. "What is Jason probably doing right now in boot camp?"
"Oh, he's probably getting his ass handed to him and pushing his body to its absolute extreme limits. But, you know what? He is probably enjoying the hell out of it." He says that last part with a gleam in his eye.
"So you enjoyed boot camp, didn't you?"
"I actually did. Most of the men couldn't wait to get home, but meÉshit. I had so much fun there. I actually pissed off the drill instructors because I was enjoying it so much."
"How long have you been in?"
"About seven and a half years. It takes a while to get promoted. But I get out in around six more months. Just one more tour, and then I'm done. But, I'm noticing these questions are starting to be about meÉ"
"Oh my God, I'm so sorry Eric. I didn't mean to. I just think you're really interesting. If you aren't comfortable with this, I can stopÉ"
Eric looks up at me with the most sincere look in his eyes. "Sookie, you can ask me anything. I told you earlier. But, I think it's only fair I get to know a little about you."
"Okay, fair enough."
"Alright, how old are you?"
"23" I say. Shit, I didn't ask him how old he was.
"Good. I'm 28. Gotta make sure you're legal," he says with a wink and that smirk. "What do you do? As in, job."
"Oh, I'm just a waitress at Merlotte's Bar and Grill. But I'm in school right now to become a paramedic," I say proudly. "I'm only a couple classes away until I get my degree and my certification."
"Wow, that's impressive," he says with a cocked eyebrow. "So, Sookie, I am going to be forward with you again. I think you are the most beautiful woman I have ever had the pleasure to get to know. I think that you are intelligent, you are witty, youÉyou are just an amazing woman Sookie Stackhouse, and you are a woman that I would like to get to know more of."
My god, does this man have a way with words. I just don't feel right, though. I mean, he's leaving again in two weeks to go on tour. What would that even mean for our relationship, if we decided to have one? Do I wait for him? Well, that's a stupid question, of course I wait for him. But, will he wait for me? He seems like the kind of man that will. He will stick by his woman for all that he is worth, I can just tell.
"You know what, Eric Northman, I like you. I think you are a pretty amazing man yourself. And, I want to get to know you more, as well. Just know this; I don't put my heart out there very often. So please. Whatever you do, just don't make me regret it. And I'm willing to work out the fact that you will have to go back overseas in two weeks." I say these words with such conviction, I surprise myself. Oh well, though. When your heart knows, it knows.
We leave the restaurant after Eric pays the bill, and he walks me to my car. When I'm about to slide in, he grabs my shoulders and spins me into a kiss so fast I can hardly think. He kisses deep and it feels like it is forever until I feel his tongue dancing on my lips, asking for entrance. Oh, what the hell. I let him. We stay like that for what feels like hours, when he releases me and lets me get into my car.
"I'll call you tomorrow Sookie, and find out when we can go out again," he says with a smile.
"Okay, I'll be waiting," I say.
As I buckle up and start up the car, I don't know what to think. The most beautiful man I have ever seen is now dating me. No, dating isn't a good word. He's courting me, and I love it. I drive the hour it takes to get back to Bon Temps listening to music and replaying the evening in my head. There are still so many things I want to ask him, but I just have to remember to ask the questions.
When I pull into the drive, I see Gran sitting in the rocking chair on the front porch drinking a cup of hot tea. She is smiling as I get out of the car.
"Someone is getting in late, it appears," she says with a mischievous grin.
"Oh gran, it's only 8:30," I say defensively.
"Oh, honey don't think I'm mad or anything. I'm glad you were able to go out and have a good time at the mall. Did you get anything?"
"Nah. Just shopped around and looked at stuff. But, I did meet a man. His name is Eric Northman, and he took me to dinner tonight. Gran, he is the most amazing man I've ever met!"
"Well, honey you will have to tell me all about it in the morning, but I have just taken my medicines am ready to get ready for bed." She comes over and kisses the top of my head. "Goodnight, my darling Sookie. I love you, and I can't wait to hear about your night."
As I go upstairs to shower and wash away the day, I can't help but think about a tall blonde haired blue eyed Marine who I'd met tonight. Could it be love at first sight? I never really believed in that kind of stuff, but who knows, anything is possible, isn't it?