True Blood/Southern Vampire Mysteries Fan Fiction ❯ Ooh Rah ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Chapter 4
SPOV
When I wake up the next morning, the first thing I think of is Eric Northman. I think back on the night before, and hope to God that it wasn't just a dream. I had so much fun last night, and I hope that Eric is thinking about me right now, too. Although, that's probably unrealistic. He's got other stuff to worry about, I'm sure.
I walk down stairs to get my morning coffee, and smell breakfast cooking in the kitchen. Well, Gran's up early. As I step into the kitchen, she looks up from the stove and smiles at me.
"Oh, Sookie. I know I promised to hear all about your night this morning, so I wanted to make you breakfast," she says with a smile.
When she turns back to the stove to finish the breakfast, I make my cup of coffee. Let me tell you, there is not much on this earth that is better than a steaming cup of coffee in the morning. I have to be at work for the lunch shift at eleven today, so I need to be nice and awake.
Gran finally finishes the breakfast and come and sits across the table from me. "So, tell me about this man that you met yesterday."
"Oh, Gran, he is amazing. And he's a staff sergeant in the Marine Corps. Gran, he is the most beautiful man I have ever met. He is kind, and thoughtful. And, he wants to see me again." As I am telling her all of this, I just can't help but smile like a fool.
"Well, my darling Sookie, it seems that you are in love," Gran says with a wistful look in her eyes. She seems far away, as if in a different time.
"Gran! It seems a little early to be able to tell that sort of thingsÉ" I trail off. I guess I wouldn't know if I was in love, since I had never been in love.
"Honey, no amount of time will make a difference. You will know when you know."
=======================================0======================== ==============
EPOV
Wow. That's all I can say about Sookie Stackhouse. Just wow. She has got to be the most beautiful woman I have ever laid my eyes on. She is intelligent, driven, and she is beautiful inside and out.
And it just happens to be my luck that I had to find her when I was on leave. Why couldn't I find her when I was out for good? When I didn't have to worry about going back overseas in just two weeks? Oh well. Those are questions for a different day.
I look at my watch and see that it is about time for lunch. I call my buddy Alcide Herveaux and see if he wants to meet me for lunch. He and I went to high school together and were pretty great friends, but then the Corps split us up. He chose to take over the family company, and I went into the Corps.
"Northman! Long time since I've heard from you, man," Alcide says when he answers the phone. I can't help but smile.
"You wanna meet at Merlotte's in about an hour for lunch?" Merlotte's is in Bon Temps where Alcide lives. It is also where Miss Sookie Stackhouse works. What wrong with a "coincidental" meeting to ask if she would like to go out to dinner again tonight?
"Yeah, sure, man. See you then."
"See ya," I say. We both hang up, and I get to work finishing getting dressed. I've noticed that being in the Marine's I don't have a lot of clothes anymore. I mean hell, my everyday clothes I have to wear are issued to me, so why would I go out and shop for new clothes?
After I'm dressed and shaved, I head out the door.
I hope I don't looktoocreepyÉ
=======================================0== ====================================
SPOV
When I show up at work, I sigh. Of course. Arlene isn't here, as usual. She probably figured that nice little Sookie will cover her if she doesn't show up. But, the kicker is that she is absolutely one hundred percent correct. I mean, why wouldn't I? Who would turn down extra tips?
I walk into Sam's office and drop off my purse, and see Sam sitting behind his desk.
"Good morning Sam," I say with a warm smile. Sam and I have been good friends for quite a few years now; actually, since I started working at Merlotte's. The only snag in the friendship is I know Sam has a bit of a crush on me. I always do my best to not add fuel to the fire, but he sometimes takes my kindness as flirtation, and then I'm stuck doing damage control. Don't get me wrong, Sam's not a bad looking guy. Actually, he's a pretty good looking guy. But I'm not the kind of girl to mix business and pleasure.
"Morning to you, too, Sookie," he says back. "Sorry about Arlene not bein' here today. I called her but she didn't answer. I'm guessin' she probably just slept in or is off with some guyÉ" he trails off at the end. "Sook, I just wanted to know ifÉif you would like to go out with me tonight. To dinner."
"SamÉ"
"Now I know what you're gonna say. But dammit Sookie, I just want you to give me a shot."
"Sam, it's not that. I'm sort of seeing someone now. His name is Eric." I say it almost apologetically. I don't know why though. I shouldn't feel bad.
"Well, alright Sookie. Just know that I'm an option."
And with that, I'm out of his office and clocking in. The lunch rush today actually comes pretty early today, around eleven thirty. I'm taking care of a large construction party, when I see something that almost takes my breath away. Eric Northman himself is walking through the doors of Merlotte's looking like a country god.
I actually feel the air in the room change. When I look up, I see him wearing a pair of faded jeans and a button up flannel shirt with a white t-shirt underneath. I think I drool a little bit.
He and his friend (who is almost as handsome) come and sit at a table in my section. Alright Stackhouse, got get 'em.
"Hey, ya'll, what brings you to Bon Temps this afternoon?" I ask with my crazy Sookie smile.
"Sookie, may I introduce you to Alcide Herveaux. And we are here this fine day, because it is more convenient for Alcide. Although, I was hoping that I could get a moment of your time, at some point?" Goodness, there he goes with that smirk again.
"Well that shouldn't be a problem! What can I get ya'll to drink?"
"We'll each have a beer," Eric says.
"Two beers, coming up."
When I head up to the bar, I feel the blush still on my cheeks. "Get yourself together, Stackhouse," I say to myself. When I start to fill the mugs with beer, Sam catches my gaze. I look away quickly and head back to the table.
"Alrighty, what will you fine gentlemen have for lunch today?"
"I'll have the cheeseburger," says Alcide.
"And I'll have theÉcheeseburger and an order of fried mushrooms," Eric says.
"Comin' up!" I say and start to head off to give Lafayette the food orders. As I walk over to the computer to enter the order for their ticket, Eric comes walking up to me.
"Miss Stackhouse, did you have fun last night?" he asks quietly.
"Umm, actually, I had way more fun than I think I should have."
"Well, I would be honored if you went with me to a club I know tonight, and then dinner. What time do you get off?"
"That sounds like fun! I get off at five tonight. But I'll need some time to get ready. Come get me at my house at around seven thirty." I say. I give him directions to the farmhouse so he can get me this evening. As he walks back to his table, I can't help but smile like a fool.
For some reason, the rest of my shift seems to fly by.