Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Faith Says ❯ 2: New School ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
I wake up in the morning to the sound of rain pelting against the window. For my first night in an ok town, I slept sort of well. How long has it been since I was really able to say that? Too long. I stand up, stretch, and grab my personal and bathroom stuff, along with some clothes and go get dressed. I walk to the bathroom and shut and lock my door. I have no idea how much time I have to get dressed and ready for my first day at my new school, but I'm most positive I have a while.

After a quick shower, I straighten my hair and brush it, apply my makeup the way I love it, and I throw on my clothes. I decide to wear a black shirt with a mid-neck turtle neck kind of thing and with no real sleeves. I slip a black, elbow-length, fingerless glove on my left hand and step into my black jeans, putting on a black belt with little silver squares on it. I brush my teeth and put my black converse on with black ankle socks. A quick double check in the mirror tells me I'm all set for school.

Grabbing my keys and bag, I head downstairs and to the door. Shouting something to my Mom and Dad, or whoever is home, up, or cares, about leaving for school and coming home later. I like my car. Although it is very conspicuous, I like speed. A lot.



I have a nice, black, Cobra. Great taste, in my opinion. As I drive to school, I notice how hard it actually is raining and take in my surroundings, doing at least 100mph. It's grey outside. And depressing. Houses are together to form a neighborhood. I wonder if my brother and sister are here already or if they are still at home with my parents. I ponder this as I pull into the school parking lot and look for their car. It is not here yet. Not my problem. I add to my thoughts and park beside a silver Volvo before getting out and going to the front office of Forks High School.



"Can I help you?" The red head behind the desk asks, looking up from her computer and at me.

I am very outspoken and blunt. Shy has never been a problem for me. "Yeah, I'm one of the new students here. I came to get my schedule." I say.

"Hm, we have three arriving today. Which one are you?"

Is it that hard to figure out? I roll my eyes inwardly. "Faith Fey."

"Ah, I see. . ." She trails off. My guess is she knows why I am really here. I smirk and grab a white sheet of paper she hands me. "That is your schedule. If you need help just ask. Have a good day here at Forks."

I nod a thanks and walk out. I look around and follow the crowd into the cafeteria, sitting and waiting for the bell to ring for first period. Looking at my schedule, I memerize every class and at what time, as well as when Lunch is, and look up to see people staring at me in wonder.

I glare at them all, a warning that did no good. They continue to stare.

"Hello." A boy says to me and sits down. I just realized the table I am sitting at is rather full.

I look at the boy and nod a hello. I wonder if people would consider me a mute if I just rarely answer them.

"My name is Eric Yorkie. I noticed you are new here." I nod again. I examine him some more and judge him as a too-nice nerd. "What is your name?" He adds, trying again.

"Faith Fey." I answer after a second or two of silence.

"Nice to meet you Faith. Do you need some help finding your first class?" I notice some hope in his voice. Hope that I have first class with him.

"I have U.S. History with Ms. Rachael first period. Um, building, um, five, I think." I say with no trace of care in my tone.

"Ah, I see. You're in the building next to mine. If you want, I can show you the way."

I stare and barely, slowly, nod again. The bell rings finally. A warning to get to class before we are late. So I grab my bag, toss it over my shoulder, and follow him to my first class.

"Here you are. I guess I will see you around. Hopefully we have a class together."

I ignore him and walk into the room, up to teacher, and show her my schedule.

She smiles at me with warm eyes. As soon as everyone is settled down, she introduces me. "Class, please welcome Faith Fey to this class. She is a new student coming from Hawaii, and we want to make her feel wanted."

That came out wrong. I stare at her, bewildered.

She directs me to a seat next to a girl with brown hair, and I sit down next to her.

She glances at me shyly and says in a quiet voice, "Hello Faith. It is very nice to meet you. My name is Angela Weber."

I nod and smile with my eyes before turning my attention back to Ms. Rachael. World History does not interest me, but I figure the best I do in school, the sooner I can leave my dreaded home and to college, where I will be alone at last.

Why do I even want to go to college? Is it that big of a deal? I wonder.

Five minutes before the bell rings, we have free time to talk. So I turn to Angela to ask about my next class, instead she beats me to it.

"What do you have next? I can take you there on the way to mine."

I think back to my schedule and tell her, "For second period I have Mr. Lucky for Literature in building... something." I forgot the number.

She giggles, "That is my next class. You can sit with me, and meet my friends Jessica Stanley and Lauren, too. Probably Mike Newton, as well. I am most certain he will talk up a storm with you."

I don't want to meet people. But what the hell? Friendly town, I can say that much.

"Jessica, Lauren, this is Faith Fey. Feith, meet Jessica and Lauren." Angela introduces us next period before class. I had showed my schedule to the teacher, and she told me to take a seat with Angela, so that is exactly what I did.

"Hi, Faith. What's up!?" The girl named Jessica greets in a overly cheerful mood. I nod back at her and glance up in time to see a boy walking toward us. Mike Newton is my guess.

"Hello Faith." Lauren says in an off-tone. I look at her strangely and nod a hey to her, too.

"Does she ever talk?" Lauren asks. Angela nods, for she knows I had talked earlier that day.

"Hello girls." The boy, Mike, says. We all say hi back in our own ways. And he looks at me, "My name is Mike Newton. You are Faith right? It is nice to meet you!" He holds out a hand to shake mine, but I just stare at it.

"Alright class, settle down." Mr. Lucky says, and we all sit and turn our attention to her.

------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------~At Lunch~

I had walked with Mike, Jessica, Angela, and Lauren quietly to lunch. I normally do not eat, so I grab nothing as I walk with them through the lunch line.

"You are not eating?" Jessica asks. I shake my head.

"I don't eat." I say. That sounds weird to her I'm sure.

"Like, anything, at all?" She raises an eyebrow at me.

"Uh, only when I am hungry. I don't like food. So, I try not to overdo it." I say cheekly.

We sit down at a lunch table, Eric Yorkie joining us, and I look around the cafeteria curiously. I spot my brother and
sister sitting with a group of friends they had met also. Of course, they aren't looking at me.

Even if they do, they probably would have just glared, flipped me off, and turned back around. I shrug to myself, oh
well.

As I continue looking, I notice five beautiful people sitting alone in one corner of the cafeteria. They have lunch trays in
front of them, but they aren't even. They're so still they look like statues in fact. Though I notice their mouths moving so
fast a normal human wouldn't be able to tell. They are talking, even if just barely.

"Who are they?" I ask, randomly. I'm sure I just stopped a conversation about whatever in the middle of it.

Jessica and the others follow my gaze, "Oh them, they're the Cullens and the Hales." Mike says.

Jessica takes a turn to speak, "The blonde girl and blonde headed boy are the Hales. The Cullens are the boys with
bronze hair and brown hair and the girl with spiky brown hair. They don't like anyone though."

As she says that, the boy with bronze hair looks over at me, and I hold his gaze. He has golden eyes. Lovely.

"Dr. Cullen and his wife adopted them because they could not have kids of their own. Rosalie and Emmett, the blonde
girl and the boy with the dark brown hair, the tall one, are a couple." Lauren steps in.

Angela takes her chance, and quietly finishes, "And Alice, the one with spiky brown hair, and Jasper, the boy with
blonde hair, are a couple. Edward, the bronze-haired boy is just single. And it's just like Jessica said, does not really like
anyone. They stick to themselves a lot."

I take in the information and stand with my new friends, finally not staring, as the bell rings for Biology, which we all have
together. So, I get to follow them all casually to Mr. Tanner's class. I wonder if I will have any classes with Brother and
Sister?

As we walk in, I notice the classroom is half full already, and I see the boy from earlier there. The one called Edward, I
think is his name. The seat next to him is empty. And there is a table empty as well. I show my schedule to Mr. Tanner
and sit beside Edward as instructed. Nice, my new lab partner. Unfortunately for me though, he acts like I'm going to kill
him. He's sitting as far away from me as possible and straining to hold onto the table.

He's pale, almost as pale as me, and sexy, too. I wonder what's wrong with him. Oh well.

As the class fills up, I turn my attention to the teacher and see him talking to two other students. I nearly fall out of my
chair as I notice who they are. As they walk by my table, they glance at me and smirk, taking their seats at the empty
table. Now I know why it is there.

I gag. I notice Edward give me a weird look and I straighten up.

"Hi." I say to him. He looks at me, a strained look on his face. "Are you ok?"

"Sure." He says. "I'm Edward." I notice his eyes have gotten darker as he stares at me.

"Faith." I say.

"Class," Mr. Tanner begins at the front, "we have three new students today. Please meet Faith Fey, Annabel Fey, and
Chris Daniels." He points to each of us as he introduces us, and we each react in our own way. I lean back in my chair,
cross my arms over my chest, and glare ahead of me. I totally ignored everything happening around me.

As the bell rings, Edward stands and leaves the room in a fast blur. I smirk. Happy me.

I walk with Mike to my last class of the day, Gym, and I am welcomed there. I am athletic, so I am a happy addition to
someone's team. Everyone usually fights over me on which team I belong on. It gets annoying.

After last period finally lets out, I walk out to my car, and see Edward and his family at the Volvo beside my car.
Ignoring them, I get in my car, and speed out of the parking lot in a flash, knowing Edward was watching until I
disappeared from his sight.

I decide to buy paint and start on my room, hopefully getting it done before tonight, when I have to go to bed. So, I buy
some black and hot pink paint colors, brushes, and tarp, and set up my room when I get home.

My parents achknowledge my entrance, but they don't really say anything. I look around my room and decide how am I
going to do this. Closing my eyes, I picture different looks for my room. After about thirty minutes, I decide on painting
my walls completely black, and using the hot pink on the borders and splattering it over the black once it dries. I figure it
will look cool, and I get to work. Making sure no one is coming, I use my speed to get it done in under three hours.

I look at my work and smile smugly at myself. My room looks pretty cool so far. Tomorrow though, the carpet has got
to go before I barf just looking at it. I clean up the tarp and paint, setting it in my closet, and I lay against my bay
window, falling asleep instantly. Today has been long, and I need sleep. I wonder what is going to happen tomorrow.