Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Unseen Love ❯ Chapter Thirteen ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Thirteen
 
What happened last time?
Some people were watching us in a weird manner and as Jasper fussed over my hand I thought I saw Alice grin with victory.
 
Jasper's POV (Don't you think there needs to be more… Jazz time?)
While we were in Emmett's car, on the way to their house in Maine, Bella whispered to me about Alice and how she thought that she knew what was going to happen.
“ Why else would she have taken my hand? She hates us, especially me. Why would time change that?” She asked me desperately. Emmett had music blaring, some new band called The Harpies, and he wasn't following our conversation, and that was a good thing.
“ I don't know. She is always full of surprises. Even after all the years we spent together she was still a complete mystery to me. I didn't even know she was in a…relationship with that beast.” I confessed to my love. She sighed and looked at her scarred hand. And it was scarred. There was new skin forming fast, but the lingering touch of the fire was still there. Her hand was permanently like that, from what I could tell. It was weird, first she fainted and now she can be burned and have scars. Highly unusual for a vampire. I didn't tell her my thoughts though, for the fear it might either scare her or even worse, offend her.
“ Jasper. Do you think that I possibly have something wrong with me?” She asked in a whisper. She looked up at me and I saw my reflection in her eyes. I had a bewildered look on my face and I could see my aura! It was hard to tell what color it was, but if I had to guess I would say black. Now what that color means I don't have a single clue to what it could be.
“ I don't know what to tell you Bella. It's hard to know these things.” I tried not to lie, but I soon saw flecks of purple in my already black aura. I eyes then changed to a black itself and I lost the vision of myself. I finally looked away from her eyes and looked at her.
“ Liar.” She said angrily. I sighed inwardly, could I never do anything right?
“ Fine! The truth is that I was just thinking of that very thing. I seriously don't know what's happening to you, but I don't like it. It puts you at harm and I hate that! Maybe we could talk to Carlisle if he allows us to stay. And if he's willing to help.” I reassured her. Her eyes stayed black, so I was guessing it was time to hunt.
“ Hey Emmett!” I yelled over The Harpies. Emmett turned the music down and looked at me through the mirror. “ When can we go hunting? We're both a little thirsty.” I confessed to him. He smiled at me and then at Bella, who still had pitch black eyes, and he nodded his head.
“ We can go if Carlisle accepts you guys. If not then you'll have to wait.” He turned the music back up.
“ Bella, you have to make sure that you control your temper. You know how you get when you're hungry.” She's truly a monster when she's hungry and angry at the same time. I can't even keep her under control when it happens. It started fifty years ago. Ten years after Maria first captured us, she started showing traits of a monster during feeding time. She would not only drain the human of all it's blood she would first torture it. Just the thought of my beauty doing something so demonic sent shivers through my body but that's what I thought about the entire ride to Maine.
 
Okay, so this is a great chapter, I think. Because it gives you, the readers, more of a look into their lives with Maria. A small look but a look nonetheless. It's going to take some time to update nowadays because I'm using a spare laptop from my school and the key board is a piece of doodoo. The shifts don't work unless I slam it down with my fist!
Oh also I need to know if you guys think I should get a Beta. It's up to you guys. If I do get a Beta I won't be able to update daily. But if I do use a beta then my work will be all the better! Please tell me in your next review! AND YOU BETTER REVIEW! For all of you who do review I'll give you cookie dough on a spoon and some fresh milk from my virtual cow Bettie! WHOOT BETTIE!