Vampire Hunter D Fan Fiction ❯ May the Outcasts Unite! ❯ Encounter ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Children groaned when they heard the distant rumble of thunder. Their mothers shouted for them to come in as lightening jumped around. Black clouds blanketed across the sky and thunder boomed loudly, the rain coming down almost immediately.

"Gee, another storm," mumbled a tiny voice from a hotel room. A tall, masculine figure stood in the darkened hotel room. A rustle of cloth and a thudding of boots made their way over to the window. Lightening flashed, showing the dark figure in the light for an instant.

A tall, pale man with long wavy brown hair stood there, dressed in black, skintight clothes including a wide brimmed hat and a long, flowing cape that hung loosely around him.

The man watched with emotionless, dark eyes as the oncoming storm brew closer. He turned from the window and walked across the room.

"It seems you'll have to stay in for the night, D. You can't go out in that storm. There's too much lightening," the small voice continued. The man said nothing as he sat down on the bed.

D, the famous vampire hunter in the land, had been tracking down a male vampire that has murder close to one hundred women in the past few weeks. No matter how skilled D was, the vampire had always managed a step before him. He was getting frustrated, but his always-blank face gave nothing away.

"Don't worry about, D. Rokos has no doubt taken cover from the storm as well. We'll leave as soon as it lets up." Still, the man remained silent. He turned his blank gaze toward the window and listened as the rain pelted hard against the glass. He narrowed his eyes when he watched three jagged bolts of lightening struck at the same time and started circling deep in the forest that the window overlooked.

"Holy crap!" Tyler screeched as she fell back on her rear. She shook her head and rubbed her eyes before looking around her. It was still raining, lightening flashing, thunder booming. The scenery was the only thing different. She stood up and tried to get the mud off her pants. She shifted her backpack some and started walking in a random direction.

"Whoa, that was so freaky," she mumbled as she wiped some water from her eyes, "wonder where I am?" She placed her hands on a fallen log and looped one leg over so that she was straddling it, then looped the other one over.

She wiped her hands on her pants and continued walking. The rain seemed to come down harder and faster, as if it wanted to cause it wanted to drown her on the spot, but she did her best to ignore it. She needed to know where she was going.

Tyler froze in place for a moment. She tried to tune down the rain as she listened hard to the other objects around her. She had thought she heard footsteps. She looked over her shoulder and saw nothing, but trees and mud puddles.

She narrowed her eyes then turned and started walking again. She only paced ten feet when she heard the feet splashing in the puddles again. Tyler gritted her teeth and whirled around, expecting to spot her stalker. Instead, she only saw more trees and mud puddles.

Tyler's face contorted to mask of annoyance as she started to back up. One step and she bumped into something hard. She let out a shout and fell forward in a rather deep puddle. She sneered and looked up over her shoulder.

"Hey! What's the big . . . idea," she mumbled. A tall man stood there in black with a red flowing cape. He looked like he stepped out of a fairytale story. An evil, wicked looking fairytale story.

He smiled and leaned down with his hand extended. Tyler looked at it warily. Instead taking the hand, she got up and glared the man down.

"I am sorry that I frightened you, milady. Please forgive me," he said smoothly, smiling slightly. Tyler gave an unlady-like snort and started wiping her soggy, mud-stained jeans.

"Whatever, dude. Just don't do it again," she grouched and started walking around the man. She was only a few feet away when she heard him following her. She turned and frowned.

"I'd appreciate it you wouldn't follow me, man. You're kinda creepy." With that said, she started away again. Just when she thought the man had gotten the hint and left her alone; he appeared by her side. She jumped away in surprise.

"Do you mind me asking why you are out here in the rain when you should be in a warm bed?" he asked casually. Tyler looked irritated and she started stalking away from him only to have him fall in step with her with long, graceful strides.

"Yes, I mind. I mind you following me. I mind you freaking me out!"

"I am sorry if I have angered you in some way. My name is Rokos. Rokos Sapiencia," he said proudly. Tyler stared at him through half-lidded eyes.

"That's wonderful, now will you leave me alone?" Rokos frowned, but kept walking beside her.

"Well, aren't you going to tell me your name?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because you're annoying and oblivious to the fact that I don't like you and I want you to buzz off!" Rokos's frown deepened and he walked in front of her and stopped.

"You are very disrespectful, milady." Tyler looked bored.

"Really? I never knew,"

"All I did was ask for your name. Why are you being so rude to me?"

"Because I can and I enjoy it, that's why. Now," she shoved past him, "out of the damn way." Rokos stumbled slightly and stared in shock as she stalked away.

No one had even been so nasty toward him. Every female had fallen for his good looks and charm. He didn't understand what made her so different. Well, he wasn't going to let her get away just because of her attitude. She was a woman, through and through, well, a young woman.

He snarled and shot out a hand, grabbing her wrist and yanking her back. Tyler yelped and turned to stare into deep, blue eyes.

"Hey, pal," she growled, jerking at her wrist, "Unless you want a serious ass kickin', you'll let go of me right now!" Rokos smirked, showing off some pure white teeth. Tyler's eyes widened a degree or two when she noticed a dangerously sharp tooth peek out over his lips.

"Dude, what's with the fang?" He smiled fully, an evil smile, giving her the opportunity to see all four fangs. She blinked and started yanking a little harder.

"Er, sorry, fangs. Listen, um, sorry I was such a bitch to you a few minutes ago. Maybe we could start over?" she tried hopefully, a little nervous. His grip tightened on her wrist, making her wince.

"Not a chance, little girl." Tyler narrowed her eyes.

"Hey, what happened to that 'milady' stuff?" she growled. Rokos jerked her to him and used his other hand to tilt her head back, exposing her slender neck. He could hear the frantic beating of her pulse and he had to smirk at that.

"You're afraid," he stated in a whisper, his tongue flicking over her pulse. Tyler grimaced at the disgusting action. She was about to shout something rude when the rancid smell of burning flesh reached her nose.

"Ew, gross!" she pinched her nose and looked around. A sizzling sound reached bother hers and Rokos's ears. Rokos jerked back and looked around.

Suddenly pain started whipping from his hand up his arm. He looked at the hand that was holding Tyler's wrist and saw smoke spiraling upward. He yowled and let go immediately.

Tyler stumbled away, blinking in confusion. Rokos held his wrist tightly; noticing a small cross burned into his palm with other crosses being cut off on the heel of his hand and on his fingers, all still glowing red-hot.

He hate-filled gaze snapped up to Tyler's face then glared at her wrist. She was wearing a black leather bracelet with small silver crosses, placed a few centimeters apart from each other, going all the way around to the snap of it.

He let out a horrible hiss of rage and lunged at her. Tyler shrieked and turned and ran in the other direction, knowing Rokos was hot on her tail.

"Ohmygod, ohmygod, ohmygod! I'm being chased by some vamp obsessed FREAK!" She ducked when he swiped at her, his nails curved and pointed like a bird's talons.

"Get back here, you little wench," she heard him hiss between his teeth, "when I get my hands on you I'm going to rip out your throat!" Tyler's eyes widened to the size of saucers and she let out a high-pitched scream, the noise sliced through the air like a launched arrow. She saw a clearing up ahead and almost jumped for joy when she noticed it was a town.

"Kiss my ass, you freak!" she shouted over her shoulder and pushed herself harder, putting some distance between her and the pissed off vampire.

D jerked awake from his light slumber and looked around. His ears were ringing from a high-pitched shrill that came out of nowhere. He got up and stalked over to the window and looked out. He saw nothing, but large puddles of water.

He narrowed his eyes when he saw a young girl charge out of the forest, soon followed by a very angry looking man.

"Rokos," he uttered. He turned and ran out of the room, scaring some of the people who were standing out in the hall, obviously aware of the scream as well.

He stepped out into the rain and drew his sword as he mounted his horse that had been standing under the roof silently.

"Hurry, D! That girl is trouble!" he heard, but said nothing as he dug the heels of his boots into the partially mechanical black horse, making it jump forward into a full gallop.

Tyler had no time to stop and pound on someone's door. Rokos was way to close to give her any time for that. She feared that she was on her own so she kept running, making sharp turns to throw him off some, giving her more distance.

"You can't run forever, milady!" Rokos shouted with an evil smile. Tyler rolled her eyes and gave him the finger over her shoulder.

"I'll keep running until I have a plan, dude!"

"I can feel you weariness. It's becoming hard to breathe, you're legs are protesting. You're heart is telling me that you must stop and rest." He hissed. Tyler stumbled. He was right. She didn't know how much longer she could maintain the speed and distance.

Tyler yelped when she suddenly tripped over an upraised tree root, landing and sliding slightly in the mud. She closed her eyes and took the time to take in big gulps of air; not moving an inch, knowing Rokos was standing right over her.

"You're so feisty, thinking you can escape someone like me." Tyler grunted when his foot connected with her ribs, pushing her over onto her back. Rain came down hard on her, forcing her to turn her head so the water wouldn't go up her nose.

"Then again, I wish came across girls like you more often. Then my killings wouldn't be so more boring." Rokos bent and gripped her by the neck, lifting her up as if she weighed no more than a stick.

She peeked open an eye and watched in horror as he bared his fangs, feeling him shift his hand to grip one side of her throat, exposing the other side. She started struggling, gripping and clawing at his arm as he lowered his head to her throat.

Tyler sneered, balled her right hand into a tight fist, brought it back behind her and swung forward. Rokos howled when her first collided with his nose hard. He dropped her and his hands flew up to his nose.

She turned over and got down in a running stance, one foot set way back, the other right under her. She smirked and leapt forward, tackling Rokos at the knees and ran right under him. He yelped and fell forward as he feet were swept right from under him, making him land hard on his jaw.

Rokos's scream in pain and rage echoed through the air as Tyler ran away with a satisfied smile on her lips. She looked over her shoulder, watching Rokos roll around in the mud like the pig he is.

"Ha haaahhh!" Something shot out of the mud and grabbed Tyler's ankles, making her fall hard. She moaned and turned to see bony hands with strips of rotting flesh gripping her ankles in a death grip. She started kicking and moving back, trying to get them to let go.

Suddenly they disappeared back under the mud, dragging her with them. She turned onto her stomach and started clawing at the ground, trying to find something to grab onto to keep her from going under.

"Let go of me, damnit!" she screamed, her waist already pulled into the mud. She growled and tried in vain to keep herself up, her elbows bent and straining as the hands below pulled harder. Tyler chest disappeared under the mud and she thought she was done for when she heard hooves pounding near.

She opened an eye and saw a raven black horse with red eyes galloping toward her with a dark clothed man riding it, sheathing the sword he had out. She closed her eye again and sighed. It's always at the last possible moment that the hero comes and saves the woman.

"Your hand," a deep, calm voice stated. She looked up and saw the man on his knees, leaning toward her with an outstretched hand, make sure to stay out of the way of the rotting hands that shot up out of the ground, trying to get the trespasser.

Tyler stared at the hand for a moment. Pale, smooth looking skin with long, slender fingers and long nails ending to a dull point. She reached out to grasps his when she felt a sharp tug on her ankles, pulling her head under.

Her hand was suddenly gripped in the stranger's strong one, pulling her back up for air. She gasped and tossed her hair from her face and gripped the man's hand back. He jerked her out half way, stood up and pulled her out all the way.

Tyler started coughing and fell down to her knees, wiping mud from her face and squeezing it from her hair. She looked up and watched as the dark man stood a few feet in front of her with the long sword drawn again.

"D," Rokos hissed, still holding a bleeding nose. Tyler sneered as the vampire snarled and hissed as the man edged closer.

"You're time is up, Rokos. There is no more escaping," the man stated as the vampire backed away.

"Like hell! I'll kill her first then you!"

"Run," he said over his shoulder. Tyler blinked.

"What?"

"Run and hide. Now," Tyler nodded and got up, running toward the dark forest. She looked over her shoulder and watched as the dark stranger charged at Rokos, slashing his sword at him from the left.

Rokos leaped over the man, did a flip, and landed with ease, then charged after her. She turned back to make sure she wouldn't run into thing.

Her hand went around to the back of her pants and up her shirt. She felt the gripped handle of the dagger that was slipped diagonally in her back belt loop.

She smirked and stopped abruptly when she came back into the town. People in their nightclothes stood at their windows or at the doors, watching.

She heard Rokos right behind her, could almost feel his breath on her neck. She spun around and found the vampire ready to slice her throat with his pointed nails. In the corner of her eye she saw the dark stranger riding up.

Tyler didn't have time to wait for the man, so she lunged at the vampire, ducking as his hand whizzed over her head. She gripped the blade's handle tightly and drew it out, careful not to slice open her belt loop, and brought it up over her head and stabbed down sharply, the whole blade embedding itself right in Rokos's heart.

She yanked the knife out of the vampire's chest and shoved him to the ground as he began to jerk and spasm, making horrible gurgling sounds until he slowly becoming still. She spat on the ground then glanced at her dagger, grimacing.

"Um, ew?" she looked up and noticed that the rain had stopped to become a light drizzle. People started coming out of their homes, shocked and amazed at what had happened. Tyler frowned and put a hand on her hip.

"Oh sure, NOW you decided to come out, sheesh!" she grouched.

+++++

Well, what do ya think of that? Oo

Sapiencia is Spanish for "cleverness" I'm not real good with last names so, yeah ^^U.