Vampire Princess Miyu Fan Fiction ❯ A Heart that is Cold ❯ Meeting ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Disclaimer: I do not own the charecters in Vampire Princess Miyu. I am only using them for this fanfic. Please do not sue me.

Important!!! I am very bad with my grammar but someone is nice enough to edit all of the chapters that I am going to publish. Her screen name is Rociellac...errr...actually I don't really know is she a girl or a guy. If you read this, please take some time to thank her for her effort because she took some of her time to give you a better version of this story. This story takes places in an alternate universe, and this is my first fanfic for Vampire Princess Miyu. I really don't know any places in Japan and the customs in it. So some of the information in here might be...okay...it is inaccurate. I hope you will put up with it, and I hope you will like this story. A FURTHER REVISE VERSION!



Meeting

*****Tokyo...Japan*****

Night had cast its shadow onto the streets of Japan as people rushed back to their home from a day of hard work. Shops were closing down when the crowd of customer began to wan. Cars were emptying out from the streets as people drove back home. However, in a little isolated place in Tokyo City, a little restaurant was still busily serving its customers. A single street lamp dimly lit the street of that restaurant and prostitutes outside were starting their daily work. In the restaurant, a waitress was calmly placing the drinks on one of the customer's table. She cunningly evaded their outreaching hands and headed back straight to the counter. A man sitting near the corner of the restaurant waved his hand to the waitress to call her over. Walking toward the calling man, she frowned when one of the men from the table she just placed the drinks on started to whistle after her.

"Moron," she muttered under her breath. Her comment did not go unheard. The man sitting near the corner gave her an amused smile. "What do you want, sir?" she asked out loud. The man caught her eyes and lightly tapped her on the hand.

"Ranka, you should watch your language," he warned quietly. "You don't want to offend them." He cleared his throat and announced he would like to have the special for tonight.

"Is that all, sir?" Ranka asked. She turned her head to look back at the table where the man, whom whistled after her, was sitting with four of his companions. Engrossed in their conversation, they didn't notice Ranka when she rolled her eyes in disgust. She quickly turned back to address the young man in a soft and hush tone. "I don't care, Aoi. If one of them touch me again, I swear I will have his head!"

"Just be patience." He gave another smile to the girl with shoulder-length black hair. "All we need is for them to show the disk and then..." He tapped her softly on the hand again. "Then...you can do whatever you want with them."

"This better works," she muttered.

"It will." She couldn't help but smile back at the light-haired young man. He cleared his throat and finished his order. "And a cup of coffee, please. That will be all."

"Yes, sir." Ranka walked back straight to the counter and ignored the whistles that were addressed to her direction. She reluctantly served the food for those five men and continued to evade their eager hands. She almost snapped back at one of the men when his hand accidentally pinched her butt. Aoi watched the scene with amusement and brought out his newspaper to read. He smiled when he saw two of his partners entering the restaurant. One of them claimed a table near the front entrance and another, who went by the name of Ichiro, took the table near the back. Ranka served them efficiently and their orders were quickly placed before them. For fifteen minutes, the only noise that filled the restaurant were the sound of food being consumed coming from the customers. Half an hour passed by and Aoi started to get a little bit uncomfortable.

"This doesn't seem right," he thought to himself. "Why aren't they doing the exchange yet?" His eyes caught Ranka's and she seemed to be asking the same question. "Did they discover our identity?" His questions were soon answered, because just another minute later, the men from the table finally put down their forks. Ranka walked toward the cashier area and flicked on the tape recorder that was strapped right under their table. Aoi, on the other hand, was secretly recording their movement. The fattest man was the first to speak. He was known as Red in his world and was infamous for his coward, but intelligent planning skills. His two partners, who sat beside him on each side, were not as smart, but were as brave as lions. Red leaned forward to get a closer look at the buyer and smiled when he saw the other man's bodyguard raising a hand to stop him. He settled back down his chair and started to tap the table with an annoying rhythm.

"Have you followed my instruction?" The buyer, who was a lean man, nodded. Red turned to look at one of his partner and signaled. His partner took out his laptop to check if the deposit had been made to their bank account. After a few minutes of typing and waiting for the data to load up, he finally nodded to confirm the transaction.

"The disk," the buyer asked flatly. "Where is the disk?"

"Slow down," Red replied. "It's here." He looked at his other partner and the latter slipped his hand in his pocket. He took out the disk and handed it to the buyer. The buyer took out his own laptop and inserted the disk in it. When he nodded his head to affirm the validity of the disk, Aoi sprang up on his feet.

"Hold it right there," Aoi shouted. The five people from that table stood up and looked at him in alarm. They cursed when they found the other two men have already blocked the exits, and Ranka had her gun pointing at their direction. "I will advice you to..." He never did finish his sentence because Red threw a knife right at Aoi's direction. Aoi ducked from the knife and was furious to find one of Red's partner had took this opportunity to tackle him. Ranka's gun got knocked out of her hand by the buyer before she could fire it. She blocked his punch and kneed him on his stomach. Her fists met the back of his head; he was render unconscious after that impact. Red, in the mean time, grabbed the disk and pushed past Ichiro, who was guarding the back exit. Red's other partner wrestled with Ichiro to allow Red to escape, whereas the buyer's bodyguard was fighting the guard from the front entrance. Aoi easily dispatched his opponent with two swift punches on the stomach. He helped the front guard to knock out the bodyguard with an uppercut. Ranka kicked the other partner on the stomach, while Ichiro finished it up with an punch on the head.

"Red," Ranka shouted as she turned to chase after him. However, Aoi calmly pulled her back.

"Don't worry," he said. "He is not getting away that easily. Let's just clean up this place."

******

Red was running through the back alley of the restaurant as he hurried on to his hideout. On his way, he bumped into a young teenage boy, who was asking for the price of a beautiful prostitute.

"Hey," the boy exclaimed as he glared at Red. "Watch where ya' going." The boy shook his fist at Red's face, but quickly withdrew it when he recognized who he was. "Boss?"

"Tenchi," Red exclaimed. "Is that you?"

"Yeah, boss. What's the matter?"

"The cops...they are after me." Tenchi frowned and scanned the area around him. He spat at the prostitute and pushed her away. She gave him a glare before she moved on to find her next customer.

"Come on," Tenchi ordered. "I'll take you to safety." He started to walk away with Red following close behind him. With great haste, they wove through the dark alleys and past the searching lights of the cops. After fifteen minutes of speed walking, Red was gasping for air.

"How long," he asked Tenchi desperately.

"Not very long, boss." For the next three minutes, Red's steps started to slow down, and he had to hold onto Tenchi's shirt so he would not lose him. He sighed in relief when Tenchi finally stopped.

"Where is this place," Red asked. He looked around and was shocked to find out that Tenchi had lead him to a dead end. "What is the meaning of this?" He quickly shut up when he heard the click of a gun. Tenchi's brown eyes glimmered in amusement as he watched Red's face changed from indignant to fear.

"I think I will do the asking from now on, Red." He stretched out his hand toward Red. "Do you have the disk?"

Red shook off his fear and calmly stared back at Tenchi. His eyes remain glued to the gun, but there was no way he was going to give up his disk to a traitor. "No, I don't have it. I have already given it to the buyer." He flinched when the gun went off. The bullet grazed his cheek and buried itself in the wall behind. By now, Red could not hide his fear any longer.

"I'm tired and so are you," Tenchi said with amusement. "I don't like to play game. I will ask you one more time before I decide to place a bullet in your heart and search for it myself. Now, do you have the disk?"

"I...I..." Red stumbled, but he knew he could not lie to Tenchi. Tenchi's gun remained steadily pointed towards his chest and his eyes displayed no mercy. Red reached in his pocket, but quickly stopped himself when he saw Tenchi was about to pull the trigger. "I was just going to get the disk for you," he whimpered. "The disk is inside this pocket." To his surprise, Tenchi lowered his gun and gave out a laugh. With a snap of his fingers, light filled up the alley and guns were pointed at Red's direction.

"In the name of the law," said Tenchi. "You are under arrest. You have the right to remain silence and the right to an attorney." Tenchi walked up close to Red and smiled right at him. "However, I don't think it will do you any good." Red spat on his face in anger. Tenchi continued to smile at him as he wiped his face.

"You damn traitor," Red swore. "I will get you for this. I will..." His threat was left unfinished, because Tenchi punched him right in the stomach and knocked him out. The rest of the cops closed in as Tenchi walked away from Red. He met up with Aoi and Ranka. Ranka gave Tenchi a frown and addressed him.

"Miyu," she warned. "That punch is going to get you in trouble, you know."

"Let's see if I care," Miyu replied. She pulled off her cap and her long brown hair cascaded down to her back. She took off the voice changer that was strap right on her throat and handed it to Aoi. "Tenchi is no more now that Miyu is back." She lightly tossed her gun to Ichiro and headed off to her motorcycle. Ranka, Aoi, and Ichiro watched her as she sped back home.

*******

"FOR GOD SAKE, MIYU. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEAN?!!!" Miyu calmly sat on her chair, while her supervisor yelled from the top of his lung. It seemed that Red was awfully mad at her and was filing a complaint. "HE IS COMPLAINING THAT YOU ASSULTED HIM!"

"I was just defending myself," Miyu calmly answered back. Her eyes displayed no interest and her fingers idly played with her hair. "He spat on me and I hit him. What's the problem with it?"

"Miyu! This is a police assult and he is the victim. You can go to jail for what you have done."

"Then it is just my words against his. Let's just see who does the jury like."

Her supervisor sighed and sat back down on his chair. He knew Miyu's personality, and it annoyed him like heck that she did not care about such an important issue. "Oh well," he thought. "I think it will be a miracle if she acted in a different way." He turned to look at the sixteen-year-old girl sitting right across from him. It had been three years since she was put under his team. At the beginning, he was extraordinarily happy to have a legend's daughter in his department. However, after one month with her, he was ready to call the quit. There was nothing wrong with her working capability, for she was a very efficient one. She held the record for solving the most cases of crimes in his department after one year. However, she was poor in her social department. Heck, complaints about her attitude already reached him after the end of the first day. She tend to isolate herself and did not like company. It was accurate to say that she have made as much enemy in this department as those criminals she had captured. The only people who could tolerate her were Ranka, Aoi, and Ichiro. Least to say, majority of the people within this department found her irritating and annoying. This was not because she bothered them, but her air of uncaring and calmness bugged the living daylight out of everyone. Even in anger, she gave you a little annoying smile and calmly replied back your retorts. He sighed. "However, her capability makes up for it," he thought. "She just have a love-hate relationship with everyone. They can't help but to admire her ability, but they hate her for her attitude. I guess you can't have everything in life." He frowned when his eyes landed on one of the files on his desk. "I just hope she takes this news well." He smiled. "This might be the first time I see her blows up in real anger."

"Are you done, sir?" Miyu's voice brought him back to the present. She was about to stand up but didn't when Van indicated he was not finished with her.

He cleared his throat and handed her a file. Miyu took it and opened it up. If she was surprise, she did not show it. The folder only contained a picture of a man. His age was approximately older than her by six or seven years. His red eyes stared back at the camera in a serious expression and his baby blue hair was arranged messily on top of his head. Miyu flipped the photograph to look at the back, but found nothing written on it.

"What do you want me to do," Miyu asked flatly, as she handed the folder back to him. Van smiled at her as he anticipated her reaction.

"His name is Larva," said Van. "Miyu, because of all the complaints we are getting about you, the head of this police station has decided to assign you a partner." To his annoyance, Miyu did not burst out in anger. She just smiled at him. Van took a drink from his glass of water, because he knew he was treading on dangerous ground. He quickly walked up to his door and called out to his secretary, before turning back to address her. "Miyu, Larva will be your partner from now on. He just got transfer from LA and is a very skill detective." Just as he finished his introduction, Larva came strolling into the office. He took one glance at Miyu before he addressed Van.

"She is just a girl."

******

Larva took a sip from his cup of coffee and placed it back on the table. Miyu, on the other hand, was toying with her glass of tomato juice. When she ordered it, Larva could hardly suppress his surprise at her kind of taste. "Who drinks tomato juice because it is refreshing," he thought to himself as he pondered her answer to his surprise. They have been sitting here for half an hour and neither one of them have said anything to the other. His eyes met Miyu's as they looked at each other. For one reason or another, he found her smile intimidating.

*Flashback*

"She is just a girl."

Miyu smiled at Larva with amusement and replied smoothly back to him. "And you are just a man."

Van looked back and forth between Larva and Miyu. His glance kept switching between those two as they eyed each other.

"Is she my partner," Larva asked Van.

"I'm afraid I am," Miyu replied. "I ought to like you because you are so beautiful, but since you insulted me, I think I will just have to change my point of view."

Larva returned her smile and walked up close to her. He placed his hands on her chair's armrests and leaned forward. Their faces were just an inch apart from each other. "You're pretty cute yourself, little girl."

"Thank you, old man."

Van cleared his throat to loosen the tension in the room. Larva released Miyu and they turned to look at Van. "I think you guys will have a lot to talk about since you guys are partners from now on. Uhm...good luck on your partnership." Miyu flashed Van a sweet smile, before she jumped up from the chair and headed for the door. Larva frowned and started to follow her. He stopped when Van placed his hand on his shoulder. "I would advise you," Van said nervously. "Miyu is not someone you would like to mess with."

"Neither am I." He shrugged off Van's hand and walked out of the room. He found Miyu waiting for him around the corner. He walked up to her and nodded his head toward the direction of the exit. "Thirsty?"

"Yes."

*Flashback*

And here they were, sitting across a table. Miyu didn't want to have him riding on her motorcycle and Larva was not too thrill to have her riding on his. So the two arrived at the café in separate rides and ordered a table for two.

Miyu finally stopped playing with her drink and started to speak to Larva. "I think we should get something straight," she started off.

"What is it?"

"I never did work with a partner before. Did not need one in the past...and I don't need one right now."

"Neither do I." Larva gave Miyu a serious look, as they held each other's eyes. "I was forced into this. If I had my choice, I would not have picked a little girl to be my partner."

"And I would not have picked an old man for my partner."

"Your age is not that much younger than mine, little girl."

"And your age is not that much older than mine, old man." She gave him a little smile as he frowned at her.

"You are starting to make me angry," Larva replied in a cold and steady tone. "I can frankly tell you that I don't like you."

"No insult taken. The feeling is mutual. I am glad to find that you are getting angry, because I am as well," Miyu giggled.

"So what do you propose before we decide to start tearing at each other's throats?" Miyu stopped laughing and for the first time, Larva actually saw her with a serious expression. She leaned forward toward him and like before, their faces were only an inch away from each other.

"You stay out of my business, and I will stay out of yours," Miyu said. "Whatever you do is not my business. I don't care if you go around chasing after another girl or anything else that you do. Just don't bug me and stay out of my business."

"You just insulted me, my dear Miyu," he replied. "But we have a deal. Whatever you do is none of my business and whatever I do is none of yours." His reply seemed to please Miyu, because she returned back to her smiling self. "Now, would you just lean back before I decide to kiss you." Larva was pleased to find Miyu frowning from what he said. She sat back on her chair. Larva finished off his coffee and Miyu took a sip from her juice. She reached for her cell phone and answered it when it rang.

"It's time to go, my dear Larva," she said to him as she hung up the phone. "Duty calls for us." She paid for her drink and Larva paid for his. As they got on their motorcycles, Larva turned to ask Miyu a question.

"Are you going to tell me whenever there is a case?"

"Nope, only this time." She put on her helmet and started the engine. "Think of it as a welcoming gift."

"Thank you." With that said, they sped off toward the crime scene.


Author's note: Okay, I know it is not much but this is getting a little bit tough. I still need to think of what else to write. Tell me what you guys think, because I am really going to appreciate it. I hope you guys like it though.