Vampire Princess Miyu Fan Fiction ❯ Conquest ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Conquest

By Penguine

Disclaimer: I don't own the characters. I just play with them. ^_^

--------------------------------------------------------------- ------------

Prologue

-Then-

The darkness of night embraced the earth as a lonely school girl stood on a foggy beach listening to the sound of the waves rolling in to gently kiss the shore. A breeze drifted in off the ocean to dance with the girl's chocolate locks of hair as the gaze of her chestnut eyes held to the sea. The serenity of this place was almost overwhelming with its sights, sounds, and smells. The girl felt as though that dark sea would pull her in as she listened to its whispers.

Then, there suddenly came the sound of an actual voice to her ears, "There is nothing to be afraid of."

The voice was strong and masculine yet carrying a silky quality as it came forth from the sea to break through the girl's silent musings and draw her gaze in the direction from whence it came. To her profound amazement, the girl perceived the large figure of a man shrouded in a black cloak appearing before her in the mists beyond the waves. His hair was of the color of the sky on a cloudless summer day, and his eyes glowed faintly the color of a candied apple. His skin was a pale cream color, and his features were sculpted yet smooth as fine porcelain.

"Nothing at all to be afraid of," came the voice again in a gentle manner as the mysterious figure strode in from the sea through the swirling mists that complemented his appearance entirely.

The girl watched in amazement as that broad shouldered phantom of the sea came to stand towering before her. She found herself mesmerized by those ruby orbs staring calmly back at her as that strangely enrapturing voice softly rose from the phantom to speak to her again, "I just want to borrow a little bit of you life."

The girl stood motionless watching this man as he raised an arm to point an strange ivory colored hand with long, pointed scarlet nails towards her.

"That's a good girl," came his softly spoken praise as he pointed his index finger at her and lightly pressed the sharp nail-tip to her throat. Bizarre looking wells located on each of the knuckles swelled and started to pulsate as the finger pointed at the girl some how managed to draw blood from her veins. As the man drained her essence, he spoke to her some more, "I've come from far across the ocean to become the leader of your people."

"Leader?" the girl asked curiously with an expression of confusion.

"Yes. Of the Shinma," he answered.

"Shinma? I don't know anything about Shinma," the girl said as she stared at him looking rather puzzled.

"You may not, but your body should. We crossed the ocean in a similar manner long ago. At that time I granted to a power to someone with the same blood as you," the man quietly explained.

"My blood?" the girl asked, even more confused than she was before as she stared up at the man who's hand moved to gently splay to her throat and cup her jaw.

It that instant, something inside the girl hatched. Her eyes blinked, and when they opened again, she was someone forever different as her eyes now shone brightly gold into the foggy darkness. Now as the girl looked at the man before her, she found herself for the first time thirsting for the essence of another. Her mind in a daze, the girl's body acted instinctively of it's own accord, compelled by some reason unknown to take to from this man the same as he'd taken from her.

The girl's hand slowly rose to snake around the man's neck as the girl ascended to hover in the air. The man gasped as he noticed the change in the girl's eyes. Suddenly, fear began to strangely course through him as he watched her draw to him. "Hold still!" he exclaimed trying to avoid what was to come.

"I need blood," the girl said to him in her soft voice almost at a whisper as she embraced the man and leaned in, tilting her head.

"Miyu!" the man cried out, but his words were already too late. The girl moved her young glossy lips to the delicate skin at the mans throat only to bare a new set of fangs which she thoughtlessly sank into his flesh. The man winced as the girl's fangs punctured his jugular, causing his blood to spill forth into her waiting mouth.

In that moment, the shinma known as Larva was forever changed as his blood, mixed with hers, chylded him to the newly awakened vampire princess. He'd come to this land to defeat the Osa and claim leadership over the Japanese Shinma as his. In order to do that, his intent had been to forever seal away the powers of the one person with the ability, however latent, to stop him. Instead, he'd awakened those powers hidden inside her. Now chylded to her, his soul had become permanently mired with hers as one. He could hear her thoughts, see her memories, and sense her feelings.

This girl, however young she was, had instead conquered him. As Larva found his face and voice then becoming sealed away behind a mask as his punishment for failure, his heart became warmed by the friendship so innocently offered to him by the vampire princess he'd awakened. The western shinma once renegade now bowed to pledge his loyalty and allegiance to Miyu. Thus began a friendship that would last eternity and change his life forever.

----------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Yes, I know. This was nothing new. Merely, a retelling of how it all began. However, I thought that this scene should be revisited before I begin my tale, since it have everything to do with my story. Rest assured, Chapter 1 is coming very soon. It's already in the process of being written. ^_^