Vampire Princess Miyu Fan Fiction ❯ Conquest ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Conquest

Chapter 5

---------------------------------------------------------------------

After dinner, Brad helped Himiko clear the table. Together, they washed dishes, then put them away. Once everything was cleaned up, they headed back into the living room to sit and make small talk as Brad cracked open a Calculus book and worked on his math homework.

An hour later, the sound of shuffling bare feet drew their attention to the bedroom door. There, Miyu stood leading heavily on the door jam looking far weaker than either of them had ever seen her. Himiko blinked while Brad gasped in shock at the girl who currently looked like the walking dead.

Miyu's hair was all messed up from tossing in the bed. Her skin was bone white with dark circles around her hazy eyes which where dull ash brown in color. Her flesh glistened with fever's sweat. Her muscles were taunt as she held onto the door jam with an iron grip in order to stay standing on her legs that seemed to be made of rubber. Her brows were furrowed as she fought hard against the dizziness that was currently trying to consume her.

"Damn, gal. Sick as you are, you don't need to be up wandering around trying to impress anyone. It's not going to help Larva a bit! You need to get your little vampire ass back to bed," Brad said as he stood to come try and get the girl back into bed. Miyu focused on him then with wide-eyed with the shock of recognition.

"W-where did you come from?" she asked in a faint voice.

"When you torched me, I used the last of my power to send my soul to the body of a kid who'd just been killed in a car accident and reincarnated myself. Now let's get you back into bed. I'm not going to answer anymore of your questions till you're back in there taking it easy," Lemures told her. Yet as he approached, Miyu warily stepped back.

"Miyu, are you capable of telling whether or not he speaks truth?" Himiko said as she too approached.

"Himiko…" Brad started to protest.

"Shut up and let her answer," Himiko barked before he could say anything more. Miyu blinked at Himiko, seeming to notice her presence for the first time. Looking back to Lemures, she squinted her eyes.

"Yes.. He is.. human as he.. says," Miyu panted.

"You look absolutely awful, Miyu," Himiko commented with a frown as she cautiously made her way towards the girl.

"I.. feel like.. like I'm dying.. yet.. immortality has kept me alive… no.. no matter how hard.. I try to give in," Miyu complained with a look of agony. Himiko carefully stepped to Miyu's side as she reached out her hands to Miyu's shoulders.

"You can't give up, Miyu. We need you. Humanity needs you. Larva needs you to get well so you can fight this. I'm not sure how long my ward can keep the three of us safe in here from the Shinma," Himiko told her.

"Don't let Larva down, Miyu. After all that he's done to help you, you owe it to him to get better and fight back," Lemures added.

A deep shudder coursed through Miyu's body causing Himiko to frown with worry. Miyu let go of the door jam as her legs started to buckle while the girl continued to tremble.

"Miyu!" Himiko gasped as she swiftly moved to catch her. Yet, the girl's dead weight was too much for Himiko to hold up for long. Brad twitched, wanting to help, but stayed back for fear Miyu might lash out at him in her weakened state. On the floor, as Himiko loosened her grip on the girl's waist, Miyu slowly hunched over to press her forehead and arms to the ground with clinched fists. Himiko and Brad watched as the scene around them faded into the blacks and reds of Miyu's own personal little world. Turning their gaze back to her, they watched as Miyu gave up her hold on the flood gates, releasing the tears of deep pain and anguish she had pent up inside.

"Hey. I thought vampires weren't able to cry," Brad blinked.

"You forget, part of her has been human. The wounds she's been dealt recently, I should think, are plenty enough to do this to her," Himiko told him, some what surprising even herself with her answer.

"How do you know what I've endured?" Miyu spat with angst.

"I started to wonder why I hadn't seen you in so long, so I took a trip back to that mansion. Needless to say, the state of the house gave me my answer," Himiko replied.

"Huh?" Brad blinked, looking confused.

"Ask later," Himiko told him with a scowl.

"Uhh.. Okay," Brad said with a wry face.

"Lemures figured out the part about Larva. Or at least some of it. But, we're still a little confused as to what exactly is going on," Himiko finished.

"Why are you here?" Miyu asked as she raised up to look at Lemures through tear filled eyes.

"Because no matter where he is, nor who he's with, I still consider Larva my best friend. If not a brother of the heart. I admit, what I did the last time was really stupid. I see the error in my judgment. But I'm clear on all that now. Besides the fact that you're now my link to Larva, you're also the most important thing in the universe to him. So, as his friend, I've got to do all I can to try and help you. For his sake. And, as hard as it may be, I guess it's time I try and make friends with you," Lemures answered. Miyu blinked at him, then collapsed back to the ground.

"I'm sorry, but… I don't think I can get him back this time," Miyu whimpered.

"Why not? Where exactly is he? Who's taken him?" Lemures pressed. Miyu turned to stare at him for a minute. Then she stuck out her hand, palm up. In her hand, then appeared, a grapefruit sized orb of glassy midnight black.

"Osa has him. This is all I have of him now," she said faintly.

Lemures bent to pick the orb up into his hands. Turning it over, he inspected the object. He then found, as he stared into the orb, out of the darkness appeared the white mask Larva was doomed to wear for failing to kill Miyu that night so long ago when he was first bound to the vampire. The ex-Shinma's face grew hard with anger and determination.

"Why was this done to him?"

"Because one night when I had my back turned, a group of Shinma managed to break out and stray from the Dark. This is my punishment."

"Why the hell would your leader punish you so severely that it would render you too weak to fight? That's absolutely the most absurd tactic I've ever heard of!"

"The part of my punishment having to do with Larva's capture, it's called blackmail, Lemures," Miyu growled.

"Oh for the love of… No, uh-uh. If the leader of the Japanese Shinma's going to play that dirty just to recapture a group of renegades lucky enough to escape past the Guardian, then he's got to be taken out. A hypocrite does not deserve the leader's seat. Miyu dear, I know I don't have any of Shinma power anymore, but I do have the knowledge. Lots of it. I offer whatever knowledge of spells and incantations I have that might help to you if you will make a stand and fight. Whatever strength you need that I might be capable of providing, I will gladly provide as much as I possibly can," Lemures told her. Miyu blinked at him.

"Please. You're the Guardian. You must be able to do something!" he pleaded. She turned her gaze to the ground in shame, lacking any confidence she had the power to bring down Osa. Lemures sighed then did the only other thing he could think of that might win her will to fight. "Please, Miyu. For Larva's sake, I beg of you," he dropped to the ground and bowed low to her, hoping to all the heavens that she would accept. Miyu sighed and bowed her head to ponder for a moment. She then slowly looked back to Lemures.

"Very well. If you tell me what you know and lend me strength, I will do what I can to fight back. But, realize, I'm not agreeing to this for you. I'm agreeing to this in order to save Larva. Because, in that point, you are right. I do owe it to him. I just don't know if I'm strong enough to defeat someone as ancient and powerful as Osa," Miyu finally answered as she pushed herself up into a sitting position.

"Understood," Lemures nodded.

"Pardon me for interrupting, but in all of the other battles where you fought Shinma, you used their names to defeat them. By any chance do you know what Osa's real name is?" Himiko asked with concern.

"No, but I know a way to find out. Don't worry about that part," Miyu answered.

"Another question. You're a vampire. Obviously, you're going to need to feed. How.." Lemures started to ask.

"You said you would offer me strength, didn't you?"

"Doh! Man, I swear I will never complain nor refer to the blood test or drive folks as vampires ever again," Brad said as he hung his head. Himiko couldn't help but smirk at that one. Miyu just wearily rolled her eyes.

"Miyu?" Brad spoke up again.

"What?

"One more stupid question."

"I'm listening."

"Where's the bathroom around here?" he asked as he gazed around at the bazaar world he now stood in. Both women groaned.