Vandread Fan Fiction ❯ Mechanics & Medicine ❯ A spark of something... ( Prologue )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

VanDread - Mechanics and Medicine.
 
Disclaimer: VanDread does not belong to me so don't send any lawsuits my way, you won't get much anyhow.
 
< >: Thoughts
 
Author's Notes:
 
This fic is a romance between the most read second couple in VanDread, our favorite Talark medic, Duero McFile and our favorite Megele engineer Parfet Balblair. This fic was requested by one of you, my readers who have given me great support since my debut all those months ago. Since this is my first solo romance fic, I hope that you all can bear with me since I still have a load of work to do.
 
First out, I don't make, I repeat, I don't make yaoi or yuri stories. I'm not anti yaoi or anti yuri as everyone in this world can make any story they want. I have relatives of that preference and I've got some friends as well so this does not bother me. Like any guy, I DO like an idea of women going at it with each other at times, but not all the time.
 
Now this fic won't be updated as frequently as my other stories as I have social, academic, and personal duties as like any other person. But I will do what I can to update this story, I promise…
 
*******************
 
It had been several months since the battle between the combined might of the Megele, Talark, Melanos, and various human fleets had defeated the powerful forces of their former brethren, the humans of Earth, now called the Harvesters.
 
The destruction of the Earth mother-ship fleet and the main battleship of the Harvesters had struck a powerful blow to the enemy. At the end of the war, both the great leaders of Talark and Megele respectively had gone and done negotiations between their worlds for the first time in a hundred years since the birth of their respective cultures and civilizations. The results of these negotiations were as followed.
 
The two planets will begin an exchange of data and technology to help support one another both in terms of civilization and technology.
 
The military forces of both sides would cease all hostile actions towards one another and work together as an allied force.
 
Both men and women will begin living together as a whole race once more.
 
Lastly, the Nirvana will serve as the main example of living together between both genders alongside other ships and stations selected to house the chosen representatives of both planets and cultures.
 
These four results were at first not all that accepted by others in the two planets, but with the approval of Grand Pa and Grand Ma, both sides began to work on unifying both genders. The significant fact was the establishment of the giant space station known as The Cross-Roads station.
 
The station was a giant eco-habitat created in conjunction by Tarak and Megele engineers and would serve as a colony home for those men and women who had volunteered to be the first of their planet to mingle with those from the other side of the gender line. In itself, it had influences from both cultures judging from design and appearance. The station also had a rather capable staff working with it's management and construction for the past year and a half since it's conception.
 
Pirate Captain and First Generation member Magno Vivian became it's primary administrative director, following her participation in the final battle between the Harvesters. She didn't completely look forward to the assignment due to her old age and heart condition. But thanks to Hibiki who called Magno as Maggie instead of Old Hag, she was convinced by the two founders of Megele and Tarak to manage the station. And for the past year, she did amazingly well.
 
Buzam A Calessa, the pirate commander and the secret head of Tarak's Covert Intelligence Agency served still as commander to both men and women. The men and women under the commander's leadership were to be trained to use all the weapons from their respective planets and that of their opposites, this in B.C's sense made them able to understand the values of working together if there would come a time when both Tarak men and Megele women would have to fight together. Though it had been tough for the women to deal with the fact that Buzam was a man in disguise, they still looked up to him/her as a valued member of their family.
 
Bart Garsus, once considered a traitor by fellow men after being `rescued' from the pirates regained his honor and now served as the head of the foundation owned by his family. The Garsus Foundation still served nutrition pills, but now they were different from the original forms. After Bart had gotten past a certain meeting with Megele food, (*) he was able to experience food made in Megele fashion, and liked how it was made. He showed a change in thinking and skills due to his time with the women, so he asked if some of the women could help them improve the taste and quality of the nutrition pills made by his family. He knew from his experience, that his fellow men might not look up to the food cooked by the women of Megele, so he decided to make a form that would allow them to ease into living beside women. It took some trial and error, but Bart's idea paid off, and now the nutrition pills were not just colored differently, but they now had different tastes. By introducing flavorings of various types of food and recipes that he had now been exposed to after the final battle, Bart became a highly respected member of Tarak's social and economic circles, making his fathers proud of him. He still served as the Nirvana's navigator and was always on call in the station should the Nirvana need to make a trip to either Megele or Tarak. His new and improved pills helped many men get used to the tastes of food, without losing the familiarity of their planet's style of food consumption and preparation, until they were now ready to try the real food dishes themselves.
 
Hibiki had now become a great figure in both Tarak and Megele after the discovery of his blood heritage as the son of both Grand Pa, and Grand Ma. The rash Tarak teen had matured over the past few months since the end of the war with the Harvesters. In fact he had grown a good deal taller. Back then he was only able to reach Dita's lower face, but thanks to good eating, exercise, and finally living a slightly better life than the men, he had grown both in stature and build. He was now taller than Dita and somewhat taller as Meia. The Tarak man had also matured a good deal mentally. Relying on his experiences from the time with Magno's pirates, his meetings with other people from other planets, plus getting to be with his folks had changed him. He was less brash and reckless, more patient and understanding, though he still had his male ego, he had learned how to deal better with the women's emotions, thanks to his time with the pirates and naturally being with Dita Liebely. He served now as an ambassador to both Megele and Tarak, traveling to either planet to help further the expansion of treaties and also he traveled on occasion to the planets that were also part of the alliance…namely Melanos, since his time with the Melanos people had helped him in many ways to bridge the gap between men and women of Megele and Tarak. It was hard work for the now eighteen year old male. But he had a lot of support, namely in the shape of a certain redhead.
 
Dita Liebely had become somewhat a celebrity on both worlds, the first woman to set foot on Tarak…and the first woman…to fall in love with a man. Two years of her living with Hibiki had matured greatly the feelings of the perky redhead to the Tarak mechanic, and she was in no hurry to be with Hibiki, who she now called by his real name, as he too graduated from calling her UFO girl. Dita had to take time in adapting to living beside Hibiki in his home-planet, not to mention she had to be careful not to journey too far in the day in the desert planet. Dita still cooked for Hibiki, becoming somewhat a house-wife, but she was treated with great respect by Hibiki and by his dad, Grand Pa, or Jin. Hibiki's mentor, the old man who was also named Jin became a close friend of the young woman, and he became her advisor on how to deal with living in a male dominated world. Hibiki took care of that however, if any man with bad intentions would try and approach the innocent girl, it was no surprise that Hibiki would be nearby to beat the tar out of them, having taken a great deal of combat training to match up with the others and became a fearless combatant. Dita also took the time to learn even more about Hibiki and even her prospective in-laws. As the two were…reaching the point of…physical intimacy as Hibiki's parents took him aside for a long OVERDUE `Talk'.
 
The crew of the Nirvana had their own mix of adventures as they worked from being the most wanted on both worlds, to being hailed as heroes and champions.
 
Misty Cornwell had to work extra hard as she worked on helping Hibiki deal with his role as ambassador. She also worked on the Nirvana as guidance councilor for the seemingly blossoming relationships that seemed to sprout out like grass. The girl had the time of her life as she was also taken in by the number of guys she saw on Tarak, who by her `older generation' standards were drop dead sexy hunks.
 
(Inbreeding in Megele brought out all the attractive qualities in women, no doubts there, so why can't it do the same for men?)
 
Ezra and Kahlua were now living with Rebecca, who was the Ohma of the youngest member of the Nirvana's crew. The two were happy that they now had a peaceful future ahead of them and their daughter. The gentle bridge officer was happy to finally settle into a calm and peaceful routine, but that didn't mean she was giving up her duties with the pirates. Magno however had made the decision to move the young woman to a safer duty roster.
 
Things were well between men and women for the new alliance. And for the pirates…and their male companions…it gave them time to reflect on many things. Namely for two in general.
 
**************
 
In a projection room in a building of Tarak…
 
“…and that concludes today's physical study of the human woman. Any questions?” A young man about the age of eighteen in a medical uniform said to a large batch of all male students…who apparently were squirming in their seats as they looked at the fading images on the projection screen. (**)
 
Duero McFile knew one thing…considering the looks that his fellow cadets had on their faces, they were going to be unleashing a barrage of questions very soon about what they saw. He could not blame them, having experienced it in his accidental journey through space. Having been placed in command of the medical section of the first co-gender ship, (minus the fact the ship's male half only comprised of him, Bart, and Hibiki) he had to deal with learning how to treat women of all their ailments, despite having no knowledge on the female form prior to being assigned in the medical bay. The fact that he learned that they were both parts of the human species made things a load easier.
 
He sighed a bit as he spotted several cadets raise their hands. He knew one thing now…
 
It was going to be a long day…
 
**************
 
Later…
 
<By Grand Pa! I should have seen all those questions coming!> Duero said as he sat down on his chair and looked at the large check pad. The cadets were now going to be part of the Cross-Roads medical division, and would be working alongside the medical division from Megele. Paiway had been able to learn as much as she could under his training and therefore had become the youngest nurse in Megele's history to be proficient in medicine, physical therapy, trauma medicine, and surgery. The young girl on their last meeting thanked him for all the time and training he had given her despite her protests in the past, and as such became the head instructor of the Megelian medical contingent on the station despite her youth.
 
When he was called in by Grand Pa himself, Duero McFile wondered what the supreme leader and Hibiki's father would want with him. The elder man then informed him that he would become the chief trainer for many of the incoming Tarak medical recruits and their mentor in medical practices when the co-gender station was built. He had been sponsored by at least three people…
 
Buzam A Calessa, Magno Vivian, and Hibiki himself. Along with many of the female crew-members of the Nirvana who were in better health due to his exceptional medical skills.
 
This promotion also made it a necessity for him to take more training on Megele itself, and that was a difficulty that exceeded his expectations.
 
Duero was on record the only man apart from Hibiki to walk on Megele…and it had a good deal of complications. The other nurses of Megele distrusted him and did a lot to put him in a bad light while he received his training to incorporate Tarak medical practices and Megele technology. They did light things, or heavy things, some of which included placing tiny fireworks in his quarters, or to serious offenses such as placing computer bugs in his systems, causing him to lose some or almost all of his notes.
 
This tested the Tarak male's patience and resolve, but it was easier as Magno and Lady Grand Ma herself came to give him full support for his efforts. Hibiki's mother had seen Duero's skills and met many of the pirate crews that praised his work and treatment, and met his student and amazing protégé Paiway Underberg. The young girl had matured a bit and warned many apprentice nurses to leave her mentor in peace. Plus Lady Grand Ma gave many of Duero's female class-mates a stern warning not to make things difficult for her son's close friend.
 
Duero's intellect and skills however bore great fruit and his use of the basic but very well proven medical techniques of his world in conjunction with the devices they used. His scores far surpassed many trainees and even top graduates of the nursing schools. Plus on open field medical exercises, he did his very best and came out on top. Though this sometimes increased the tension, many women slowly began to give him due and respect as many of his patients apart from complaining praised his skills on their improved conditions.
 
He graduated with top honors, just as he did on Tarak before the fateful voyage that changed his life. As such he returned to Tarak and began to work as the mentor for new medical recruits to be sent to the station.
 
Duero recalled all the times he had spent on Megele, and his gradual training, not just in their medical practices, but their behaviors and quirks. And he only had one sole companion.
 
Parfait Balblair…
 
<Parfait…Thank Grand Pa she was there to help me get adjusted on Megele…though I think staying in her house must have been a strain or something.>
 
Duero had to wait for arrangements for his quarters and had to stay in with Parfait and her ohma and fahma in their residence. The Balblair parents were very accepting of him since they could see how much their daughter trusted and admired him. They also taught him more domestic skills such as cooking and house cleaning. These skills plus Parfait acting as his guide on her home-world made it easier for Duero to bear leaving his home-world. Despite the beauty of Megele, Duero missed the world of his birth, and many of the flaws in Megele society were shown to him in a good number of ways during his stay.
 
Parfait's parents were also impressed as he used his skills to help them in their work on his free time from school. Parfait's ohma was computer programmer and her fahma was an engineer in Megele's manufacturing sector, so it was no surprise on where Parfait got her technical proficiency and skills. They noted that Duero would have been one heck of an engineer as well as a doctor…just like their daughter did.
 
Duero then thought about the times Parfait would bring him his lunch while he was in the campus since she didn't like some of the students who mistrusted her male friend. Plus she had become more…
 
Duero didn't know why, but while he had been on Megele, he saw a gentler and more perky personality of the quiet girl, namely on times he and she would go out together. Her techno-savvy personality was placed aside on those times and she would be more social and out-going, though he didn't understand why many women on Megele would consider Parfait as plain.
 
One time she had changed her wardrobe and put on a red cotton shirt and cotton pants on one of their outings and she had unbraided her hair, allowing him to see her hair unbraided for the first time. She acted more unsure and yet happy while they would go on outings, namely when they went to a small park. He sat next to Parfait as they ate some of the ham, lettuce, and cheese sandwiches they had that day.
 
And all the while…he was looking at her.
 
There were occasions when she had unzipped her engineer's jump-suit to relieve herself from the heat, and this allowed him to see her slender frame, and he had admitted that although she wasn't as well…built as the girls on the Nirvana, and the other girls in his time as a student on Megele, she was very much an attractive person. But when she wasn't wearing the clothes he was always seeing her in he began to notice things he didn't notice in the whole time they had been working together.
 
He noted the muscles on her slender arms, a testament to her effort as an engineer and as a hard working woman. The length of her hair when it was out of her two large braids, and how they looked…free from the old style she wore…he did notice however that she looked wonderful no matter what style her hair was in. He also noted her frame no matter what she wore…be it in normal clothes…or her jumpsuit.
 
Duero shook his head and wondered why he seemed to be suddenly thinking those things, he did know however that he was sad to finally leave Megele to return to Talark, he loved the parks, the people, the food, the company of those female friends he had made in his time there…but most of all…he missed Parfait. Back then such a thing would have been unthinkable…but not in his mind as he thought back on the day he left for his home-planet.
 
He recalled how…distraught she looked when she saw him off at the space-port with her parents, who were also sad to see him leave. He was thankful that they had been so kind to him, but his thoughts were not on them for now that day…but on how sad Parfet looked, she looked at him with her deep green eyes and though she was trying not to cry, he could see the emotion there in them as she waved good-bye to him, which he reciprocated.
 
Duero sighed and went to the hallways, after a few minutes of walking, he arrived at the canteen and took some of the new pills Bart had been circulating, the taste was very popular now on Talark and the men were getting used quickly to the diet, but to Duero, even if the pills now TASTED like food, he still missed the food back there on Megele…or was it Parfait's company. Parfait also cooked for him on occasion and he did try to return the favor at times, though his skills were not that good.
 
As Duero sat down to eat, he then thought on how Parfait was doing since he had last seen her.
 
<It's been so long since I've heard from her…I wonder how she is doing? Maybe I should call and…no, she would be too busy right now…maybe some other time.>
 
**************
 
Back on Megele…
 
A young female wearing large glasses and the engineer's uniform was busy working on a new device in a large, well used work-shop in a large complex. The young girl was using a plasma binder and some spare parts as she focused on her work. It was then that she turned as she heard her name being called.
 
“Parfait dear! Can you come in for dinner?”
 
“Coming!”
 
Parfait wiped the sweat from her forehead as she methodically put aside her tools and put them in a nearby container, she then took off her work gloves and put them in a bin for her to clean and cleaned her arms and hands. She then took the time to clean up the dirt in her shed. This was the shed where the spunky head engineer was able to grasp the basics of computers and devices. She recalled being a young girl watching her Ohma study, repair, assemble, and disassemble all manner of devices brought in this shop by her fellow women. It was here that Parfait Balblair became an official gear head and tech whiz. This was also where she would spend the time deep in thought, using devices and tools, where she felt in her element.
 
As she finished her chores, she went up to her home and went to her room to take a bath and change…but not before stopping at a nearby door. She hesitated for a few seconds and then pressed the code to open the door. Inside the room was articulately clean and well ordered. Parfait entered the room and looked around lost in thought as the automatic lighting system kicked in, bathing the room in light.
 
<This is where Duero stayed with us…it looks so…clean. The way he wanted it when he came in to live with us before…moving out.>
 
The young engineer chuckled slightly as she recalled how concerned Duero was with cleanliness…well, being a medic and doctor was a good reason. She ran her hands on the nearby desk with the computer built in, along with the lights. She traced the surface…memories coming back as she recalled how long Duero would sit in the chair, reviewing his notes and data disks, of course he would also read books he got from the Nirvana's old colony section. She recalled the times she would come into this room and see him lost in study, with her carrying the tray of food and coffee or tea when he was so busy with study that he would not come down to eat with her and her folks, she and her parents didn't take offense since he was by far the second man in Megele's history to be allowed there.
 
She recalled coming to him and handing him his food and drink and help him understand some things in what he read, she smiled at the sometimes clueless expressions he had when he faced new things. She missed it a lot…
 
She then walked over to the bed…the mattress was clean and well ordered, she sat down, feeling the bed adjust to her presence. She took the pillows and smelled them while holding them close. They were cleaned many months before…but she still seemed to smell his scent on them as she held them. Even if her logical mind said it was impossible, her other, more emotional side still felt the warmth and smelled the smell when Duero would rest here.
 
Parfait sighed and then placed the pillows back in order and fixed the bed, making it appear that there was no trace of anyone there. She then walked out of the room and closed the door, plunging the room back into darkness as the lighting system also shut down. She went to her room and then took off her jump-suit and other clothes and went into the shower and bathed.
 
As she cleaned herself up she began to think back on the most interesting and wonderful months long ago.
 
When it was announced to the crew that Duero would be allowed to go to Megele to learn Megele's medical methods, the question came up on as to who would be willing to hand some shelter for him. She jumped quickly at the chance, beating the others by a hair's breath. She then had some difficulty in explaining to both her fahma and ohma on why they would be Duero's hosts until he was assigned by the Megele government quarters for his training.
 
She did hope that her ohma and fahma didn't get mad at the choice she made. Though it was a bit hard when she introduced Duero to her family, and at times things were not so easy between her male friend and her folks, it didn't take long for them to approve the situation. Both her parents warmed up to Duero and they treated him as a close family friend and they sometimes asked her just how much she liked Duero…much to her embarrassment. She was a bit sad when the government found a place for him, so he had to leave. But he would come over to visit them once he had the time and have either dinner or lunch with them, despite all the hard work he had to do, he also helped around the house, much to the surprise and smiles of both her parents.
 
She naturally wasn't the least bit happy to hear that he had been attacked by women, and she considered doing something about it, like the parts when they corrupted his computer at school to make him lose all his notes and hard-earned work. She was happy however that Grand-ma, Hibiki's mother herself came into the situation and warned the annoying girls to leave Duero well enough alone.
 
As Parfait took her bath and lathered herself and shampooed her hair, she recalled all the fun times she had with him on the days Duero would be free from his studies. She smiled as he introduced him to the wonders of her home-planet which he was awed to see and both would comment about each sight they would see…almost like Duero was a child.
 
They both saw the parks, gardens, and whatnot, the restaurants, shops, malls, land-marks, and more. She didn't know why, but she felt happy when Duero was with her in those outings, she felt even happier when he would smile at her in those times. She giggled a bit at the time she had to buy him clothes to fit into her world, due to his selections of clothes to be too drab for the planet she lived in. But naturally he requested he design his own clothes to his preference and she didn't mind.
 
She saw him one time when he had on a pair of jeans, sweat-shirt and shoes. He looked rather different from what she had seen before when they still worked together on the Nirvana, and yet he looked handsome. She also felt a bit angry when some women would look at Duero strangely, but even more so when Duero decided to move aside the bang of hair and show his full face…this got some attention from the other women…it didn't matter to her, she had seen his face before and for some reason, she wanted to be the only one to see it…minus the fact that Paiway had seen it herself. She also recalled the times she had been able to hold hands with Duero and she recalled how giddy she sometimes, or most of the time she felt when she was near him.
 
It was really hard for her to say good bye when he finished and had to report back to Talark to begin training new cadets to help with the reorientation classes for men and women to work together, first on the Nirvana and then on the Cross roads space station. She felt a part of her becoming empty whenever she thought about when he left for his home-planet.
 
<By Grandma…who thought I'd miss him this much?>
 
Parfait then took out a towel and dried herself as she walked out of the shower and after several minutes, she changed into a fresh blouse and soft cotton pants as she looked at one final picture…she was there on Duero's graduation from the Medical Academy, she was there beside him, he was smiling, with his bang of hair still there, and she was there, slightly blushing with her hands in his as they held his diploma. She sniffed a bit as she put back on her glasses and walked to where her family will be having dinner.
 
Sandra and Myra Balblair greeted their only daughter as she walked into the dining hall of their modest apartment. Sandra was a computer technician and mechanic, while Myra was an official in the resource department of the largest computer fir on Megele. Both of them were also wearing light glasses since they too had some sight difficulties due to their jobs. Both of them were not all that attractive but their skills more than made up for it in their lines of work, but despite that, they were kind hearted and friendly, both traits they had passed onto their daughter.
 
Sandra had dark brown hair and light amber eyes as she took off her own glasses and went about with her part as she set the dishes, while Myra went about readying their nightly meal. Myra had light black hair and deep green eyes as she hummed happily
 
“How was work fahma?” Parfait asked Sandra as she helped set up the dishes. Sandra smiled as both set their dishes.
 
“Fine dear, not much to do in the office, how was your day hon?”
 
Myra smiled as she prepared the rice. “Same old routine, been busy since the new business deals. How about you Parfait?”
 
Parfait sighed. “Fine, it's kind of quiet when I'm not with the others, but I can manage.”
 
Both older women sat down in their chairs as did Parfait…but as they prayed to the Goddesses of their world and began to dig in, with both older women taking some meat and vegetables, they then spotted their only daughter looking at a certain part of their table and the nearby seat, the very same one that Duero sat in when he stayed with them, and when he came to visit them even if he now had his own place to stay. They too noticed how Parfait seemed so quiet and gaze on a few occasions at the chair that was now vacant. They were understanding of the whole situation, considering that Duero was Parfait's only male friend on the pirate group for so long since they had been sent to the other side of the galaxy. But they suspected more than that, they suspected the Parfait had a crush on Duero, a crush that grew and grew.
 
`Time makes the heart grow fonder' That would be the saying that would apply in their minds since they could tell that Parfait had a lot of affection for him and though such feelings were considered heresy on Megele, it was certainly proven wrong with the relationship between the son of their leader and the leader of Talark, Hibiki Tokai and Dita Liebely, one of their own people. It made them sad in a way that the spark Parfait had was dimmed with Duero not being around.
 
“You miss him dear?” Myra said to Parfait as she was about to eat a spoonful of rice, the question made Paiway pause in mid feed, she then put down the spoon and nodded a bit.
 
“Yeah, I do, but I know that he'll be fine, so don't worry about me.” Parfait said reassuringly as she resumed eating. The elder women were not totally convinced but didn't push the issue and they went on to eating their dinner.
 
Parfait then drank some water and looked out a nearby window, thinking.
 
<I wonder how Duero is doing, maybe I should contact him…no he might be too busy to answer me right now.>
 
She then helped clean the table and bid good night to her parents and then closed her eyes, but before closing her eyes she smiled as she gazed at her picture. She hoped that soon she could meet Duero again, but with no serious situations brewing and no special occasions coming in, she had to just wish for it.
 
However unknown to Parfait, her parents were not planning to sleep early tonight, they had a plan in mind, all they needed to do was contact an old boss of Parfait's and the same boss of Duero's as well.
 
**************
 
The elder female pirate sighed as she looked at the latest reports on the crew of her ship. The old crew was still onboard, but now the Nirvana was no longer a pirate ship, but a day-care center in space in her words for men and women from Talark and Megele. The new faces made her old head spin as she looked at the cameras at each new face in her crew, namely male and female crew-members working side by side.
 
<God…why did I ever agree to this?> Magno sighed once more as she looked at how her ship had been changed. However she knew that this would help bridge the gap between men and women on both worlds, so she couldn't exactly complain since at the very least she wouldn't run out of interesting things to see and hear.
 
<Hmm…it is nice though that things are going smoothly on this peace treaty, the last thing I want to see is all the hard work we all did to get to this point all go to waste.>
 
“Captain, I'm sorry to disturb you right now…but we have an incoming call from Parfait's ohma and fahma.” Tenmei Urugasumi reported in as the disguised male spy was still in the role of her commanding officer Buzam along with the voice.
 
“Oh? I wonder what this is all about? Very well…I'll take this in the meeting room, see you later BC.”
 
“Yes Ma'am.”
 
Later…
 
Magno came back in the bridge when Buzam was in command and the disguised man wondered just what Magno was smiling about. The elder woman seemed to have a plan in mind and it seemed to be…interesting if her smile was indication to the head of Talark's covert intelligence unit was concerned.
 
“Buzam, get into contact with all of our former crew members, including Parfait and Duero. I think it's time we had a little get together celebration in the Cross Roads station. Also inform both Hibiki's parents to get him off duty and have him come here with Dita in tow.”
 
BC wondered what this was about now but decided to put that aside and began to make certain calls.
 
Magno then called Bart who was busy resting in his room.
 
“Bart, get up to the bridge now.”
 
The bald navigator appeared in the communication screen, a bit sleepy since he had been busy all day.
 
“Captain, you can't be serious, I barely even had two hours of sleep for Grand-pa's sake.”
 
Magno sighed. “I know that Bart, but we need you to plot a course for Talark, I have some plans that involve Duero and Hibiki, along with Dita. Once you're done, we need to pick up the old crew on Megele and head for Cross Roads, got that?”
 
Bart nodded. “I don't know what this is about, but okay, I'm on my way now.”
 
Magno nodded and began to plan something in her mind…plus it was high time she saw how her old childhood friend was doing anyway, it was high time she asked him if he already did the deed with Dita. THAT was worth finding out about as the mischievous side of her personality began to play around a bit. She then focused on her task and began to plan it all out. Besides, it was time she saw some old faces anyway.
 
**************
 
To be continued…
 
**************
 
(*) The part when Barnette and Jura tried to feed Hibiki a spice spiked fillet mignon…courtesy of Barnette.
 
(**) Care to guess? (^_^)
 
Took me a while but I figured it was time I made an update on this chapter and this story in general. I figured that it was time for an update anyhow since this is getting some attention.
 
I am sorry it took me some time (nearly eight months), but I dedicated my time to GunDread SEED- The Second Stage due to it being 60 percent finished, so I will have to clean up my brain and try to get in sync with Mechanics and Medicine once more…just like I need to for ZoidDread.
 
I sincerely hope that those of you who have been waiting patiently for this story to be updated, can bear with me as I will need to make time and make more ideas. It means I'll need to dig up in my mental strongbox and see if I can salvage the script for this fic.
 
Plus I know that Paiway's still a kid so her being the head instructor in Megele for the medical contingent is kind of stretching it a bit so if you think I should make changes on this aspect, then please send me an email or review.
 
**************
 
Author's notes:
 
One whole year…damn I must have been really out of it today. Well, I am getting back in the habit though it HAS been a while since I wrote about this fic so you'll have to forgive me for being so rusty today since I had done a lot of things in my free time. This is the prologue so it isn't that long.
 
And for the information of all readers, the romance will also be physical and to really have fun I have decided to craft the couples rendezvous in the Cross Roads station. I will be busy in making the soon to come situations that arise between the two couples…and just so you all know…we MIGHT even see two NEW potential couples spring up on the station.
 
Now as to WHO those new couples are…I'll leave that up to you all to both guess and speculate.
 
See you at Chapter 1!