Warhammer 40K Fan Fiction ❯ Wed to Faith ❯ Chapter 2: Torment ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

It was a quiet return. It turned out that, aside from the three Seraphim - Sisters Angelica, Melanie and Galatea - who died in the explosion, Sister Anke was also killed. Sister Megi clearly needed help, her leg damaged badly and stuck in the power armour until they could get her back to base, and nearly all of Sister Tourmaline's right hand had been sliced off. The others looked as though they would make full recoveries, however. Kasanja brooded quietly, constantly keeping her bolt pistol pointed at the witch in case she woke up - despite being assured that between the punch and the sedatives administered on capture, the eldar would be sleeping for several hours.
 
When they landed back upon their shrine world of Aurelius II, the first thing to do was to have all the injured rushed to the medical bay where the Sisters Hospitaler would be able to help them. There would be morphia or Narthecium applied to ease the pain and steady their heartbeats, shards would carefully be extracted before the wounds were cleaned and tightly bound, Sister Tourmaline would likely be going into surgery to have a bionic replacement for the hand she lost in battle. Sister Kasanja was given a brief check-up, against her protests that she was fine, and it turned out the dark lance had failed to penetrate her armour. As expected, she was fine.
 
Only when they could be sure that no others would die, did the Sisters carefully transport the dead to the main temple. A proper funeral service and military wake was scheduled to take place the following evening, and that left just one thing for Kasanja to do in the meantime. She headed straight for the dungeon where they had placed their captive. It was more of a prison than a dungeon in practice, but the building had, long ago, originally been made as a dungeon and it showed in the architecture. The witch was just beginning to awaken, bound in chains and with a null-collar tightly locked around her throat.
 
“Alien witch, do you understand the High Gothic language?” she asked, almost barking her question.
 
“Better than you can speak it, I am sure.” Was the answer. It was also the wrong answer, as Kasanja slapped her across the face with her full strength. This merely made the witch smirk.
 
“I'm glad we can communicate, then. Some of my girls gave up their lives to capture you, and I will make sure it was worth the price they paid. In just a matter of days, an Inquisitor will arrive to take possession of you and begin their research. Until then? I was given instructions to harm you but not kill you, instructions I intend on carrying out. Still, I may give some small measure of leniency, depending on the information you provide, information on where your kin are, where they will strike next. After all, to save more lives is of more value to me than watching you scream in agony.”
 
Kasanja paused.
 
“But I assume you have no intention of sharing your information. Perhaps you are even arrogant enough to assume there is nothing we can do that could truly hurt you? So maybe I'll start things off by testing your ability to withstand pain. I'd like to see if you are even a fraction as resilient as the most fragile of the Emperor's Daughters.”
 
“My dear Mon-Keigh,” the witch laughed, “I was performing torture before you were even born. Our daily rituals and entertainment would make the worst you can manage look like a warm bath. Trust me, we excel in the arts of pain, and you will find that I am greater than anything you can deal.”
 
“I suspected you might feel that way. So for now, I'll just let you become a little more sensitive, and then I'll return to break you. And I promise I will break you. You will regret every life stolen by your race.”
 
With that, the Canoness took a jar from a shelf, dipping her bare hand in. It emerged covered in a deep red gel, sticky and coarse. Slowly she approached, before reaching down and gripping the witches' vulva firmly, twisting the flesh in her hand as she smeared the substance over the outside of her hairless mound. Not finished though, soon her fingers roughly probed the inner depths, lining her inner walls with the gel, before rubbing it over her clitoris, pinching firmly.
 
“You'll soon feel the heat begin to rise as it starts to eat away at the outer flesh, pumping minute traces of toxin into your bloodstream to excite your nervous system. I'll be back in an hour or so to see how sensitive you are, and to continue with, let's not skirt the issue here, to continue with the torture.”
 
And with that, Kasanja walked out, leaving the grinning witch to her own rising pain.
 
 
The evening meal was a sombre affair. Despite their success, the Adepta Sororitas were well aware of the price they paid in human lives. The fallen girls had been adopted family, friends and lovers of others within the order, and as such, there was little talk, no laughter, and a few tears were shed. But above all, there was determination to make sure the sacrifices would pay off - that the capture of the Psyker would allow them to save so many more lives, or even eradicate the Dark Eldar menace from their system for good.
 
When they had finished eating, and washing their dishes, the Canoness gave a short prayer, before returning to the dungeons, anger rising in her chest, as Celestian-Superior Alectis, not consoled by the attempts of her surviving team members, walked out in search of Canoness Somnifera.
 
 
The witch was sweating when Kasanja returned. The heat and pain had been building up and seemed to have no intention of stopping. Likewise she could feel the toxins in her body, pulses of pain throbbing all throughout and causing her muscles to stiffen. And yet she knew she could endure it for a hundred years or more: the very tortures that the Dark Eldar inflicted on themselves to keep the demons at bay kept them all strong and resilient.
 
“Well, I see you have been holding out just fine. So time to stop playing around, time to begin causing you some real pain.”
 
Noting that her own hand was red and sore from handling the gel earlier, she shrugged and picked up a small steel clip with sharp teeth. It also had a cable running from it to a small device on the floor.
 
“I think this will be good to start with.”
 
Kasanja opened the jaws, held it over one nipple, then let her finger slip off, causing the clip to snap down with full force, almost dealing blood. She then picked up another, repeating the procedure to the other nipple. Two more were then applied, this time to the outer folds of the witches' sex, and finally, one was snapped onto her already-burning clit.
 
“Oh I know it's nothing yet. But the pain builds up, don't you worry. Besides, those cables lead to a plasma engine. It releases so much heat, enough that it could melt through a stone wall. This heat will travel, in smaller amounts, along those wires, and soon enough, those clips will be white-hot and I'm sure you will then be begging for mercy.”
 
With that, she flicked the switch, causing the plasma engine to hum, lights on. It wouldn't take long at all, thanks to the poor design and high energy waste of Imperial plasma engines. So with that, she just sat and watched, eager for the witch to break…
 
 
Alectis found Canoness Somnifera going over a map with Canoness Papavera, planning a defence line, and waited patiently. She didn't have to wait long; the latter soon excused herself to check the armoury, leaving Somnifera to talk with the girl she raised into a woman and a leader.
 
“Sister-Superior Alectis, you're troubled. Come, sit with me. I heard of what happened today in battle. Is this why you wish to speak with me?”
 
The Celestian nodded. “Canoness Somnifera… I failed! I let my team down, and Sister Anke died as a result! Others in my unit were injured, one needing bionic surgery. And it's my fault, I reacted too slowly. If only I had been faster to act, I could have saved their lives…”
 
She buried her face in Somnifera's bosom, wrapping arms around her as she broke down into tears. Somnifera, for her part, merely stroked her hair silently, letting Alectis cry and cling to her. It was some time before she spoke.
 
“But it wasn't your fault, and surely you know that. We cannot prevent every single death, all we can do is try. The real killers, the ones to blame, are the xenos who attacked. And from what I hear, vengeance was swift and hard. You can't blame yourself for this tragedy.”
 
“But still I do, it does feel like this is entirely my fault, and that I failed my team as a leader. I should have been the one killed, not Sister Anke!”
 
Frowning, the Canoness gripped Alectis by the shoulders and looked into her eyes.
 
“Never say that! You lived for a reason, and you must not dwell on the past or ever think it was you who should have died. You cannot wish for death. If you feel you failed and need to be punished, I can cleanse the guilt from you that way, but never wish another's death upon yourself!”
 
“…I'm sorry, Canoness. Please… please punish me. Beat the shame and guilt away, let me be righteous once more so that I can hold my head up high and bring retribution to our foes.”
 
“Very well. I shall do so, and then there will be no more of this nonsense. You may grieve your fallen Sisters, but you cannot take their places in death. All that can be done is to make them proud. Celestian-Superior Alectis, remove your vestments and present your body for chastisement.”
 
Alectis didn't even blush. She had been punished by the Canoness often enough by then that she had no modesty around her, no shame. Quickly, she did as she was told. First the gloves, then shoes, before her robes were pulled over her head, letting her breasts hang free and unhindered. Finally, she peeled her tight grey underwear down, placing it in a pile with the others, and stood with her hands at her sides.
 
“Okay, place yourself over my lap.”
 
The nude Battle Sister did as she was told, prostrating herself over Somnifera's lap, arms, head and medium-sized breasts hanging over one side, legs over the other and spread wide to provide easy access to her sex and inner thighs. It was a position she had been in many times before, and she was just glad her hair golden-blonde hair was so short, as it would fall into her eyes. It would be bad enough with the pain of the spanking, she didn't need any additional discomfort.
 
Somnifera smiled. Alectis wasn't the only Sister under her command that benefited from regular administrations of her discipline. There were several who she provided this service to, helping them to regain their fighting spirit, to feel more pious and devout. Her hand immediately struck, causing a ripple in Alectis' firm, muscular left buttock. Barely a hand print was left. The next smack fell, this time hitting her right cheek. She quickened the pace, knowing she would have to hit hard and fast in order to have any effect.
 
After a minute, the tingling in Alectis' rear had become a low heat, but one that was slowly building. It wasn't yet what she would call pain, but it was building towards it. When the Canoness focused ten rapid smacks all to one small spot, she gave a brief yelp, surprised and feeling the sting, but continued to endure easily. And that was when Somnifera picked her thick, wooden ruler up.
 
 
Kasanja watched on as the clamps quickly started to glow with heat. And yet the captive merely let out a grunt of pain as the heat, the sharp points and the pressure all brought pain upon such sensitive locations. She waited for the metal to glow almost white, before taking a shock baton from the wall, watching as it crackled with electricity.
 
“I'll admit I was never too skilled with Neuro-Whips. This, however, will work nicely. Why don't we start with something simple like your name and title? You can even lie, I wouldn't know the answer.”
 
“Well, if we're to have a civil discussion, my name is Sluralis Melefican, and I am a Bloodseer Sorceress, commander of the Kabal of the Blinded Eye. And how about you? I haven't had the displeasure of meeting you before, Mon-keigh!”
 
Kasanja would have let her attitude pass, but the insult was enough for her. She struck firmly, bringing the baton down hard upon one of Sluralis' small breasts. The rod carried impact in and of itself, bruising her pale skin - and causing a clamp to be torn off, scraping and burning her nipple in the process - but the electric shock that accompanied it was possibly worse. For a brief moment, the pain was such that the Psyker could not see. As her vision cleared she groaned a little.
 
“I see you wish to be thuggish and brutal. Really, and why do you think you can get information with torture? It never works. I assure you, torture should only be used as an ends in itself. If you were to enjoy this, how much different could this be…”
 
This time her other breast was struck, with a similar result, once again tearing the clamp off. The welts were almost dripping with blood.
 
“Oh, you misunderstand our intent. If we gain information from you, that is nothing more than a bonus. I am doing this regardless of what knowledge you do or don't have. To get revenge and to return the suffering to your kind. As for who I am? I am Canoness Kasanja of the Glorious Artifice. Hmm, I mustn't let my anger consume me. I will return to you in some time…”
 
 
Sister Alectis was beginning to clench her teeth. Canoness Somnifera was strong, and with that hard ruler, she was really beginning to lay down a series of puffy red stripes. Several times the ruler would crash down on the same strip of skin, lighting it up in pain, before moving elsewhere, and even the backs and inner curves of her thighs were not spared. After merely ten minutes, her entire bottom was crimson, and Alectis was crying once again. And yet, somehow it felt soothing and healing. She felt that the pain was doing her some good.
 
“Okay Sister Alectis, reach back and spread your cheeks.”
 
Alectis whimpered, but she still did as she was instructed, wincing as her hands found her swollen rear and pulled both burning buttocks aside to reveal her tight, puckered anus and her smooth-shaven sex.
 
“Now, tell me what happens to naughty girls, where are they spanked?” the Canoness asked, as though Alectis were merely being punished for a prank of some kind.
 
“They… they get spanked. They get spanked between their bottom cheeks.”
 
“Yes, between their bottom cheeks. And do you think you are a naughty girl, Alectis?”
 
“…yes, mistress, I am. I am a naughty girl!”
 
“So what do you say to me?”
 
“Please, mistress, I am a naughty girl so please spank me between my buttocks on my bottom hole!”
 
Somnifera always did that. She dragged the punishment on, embarrassed them with that conversation… it was practically a tradition. Nevertheless, she did exactly as asked. No less than ten times the dreaded ruler fell, smacking down along her groove. Each time the flat, wooden surface impacted against her anus, stinging it with burning pain, she cried out. But finally, it was all over.
 
“There, there… your punishment is over, Sister-Superior Alectis, you are now free from guilt and suffering. You can stop dwelling on the past and start looking forward, working to protect your unit and bring death to our enemies. Now, hop up and get dressed.”
 
She gave a couple of playful pats to Alectis' bottom, and it suddenly seemed as though everything was better. They still felt the loss of their dead Sisters, but the Celestian no longer felt guilt about it. She was quick to put all of her garments back on, except for her knickers. Her bottom just hurt too much for that.
 
“Okay, Alectis, go on out. I imagine Sister Samantha wants to see you.”
 
The Canoness blessed her Celestian and kissed her cheek before sending the girl off to find her lover, glad that she had eased the spirits of one of her closest.
 
 
“How is the specimen?” Carmine quietly asked.
 
“She is resisting the pain well enough to still be defiant, but I can see she doesn't enjoy it. Otherwise healthy, it seems. She will easily survive until the Inquisitor arrives, and although I want to watch the witch suffer… I will be glad when this captive is no longer our problem. Something feels repulsive just by being in its presence.”
 
“Well, it shouldn't be very long. Hopefully we can rid this sector of them once and for all. We have suffered far too many losses thanks to their kind.”
 
“I agree. I suppose only time will tell.”
 
“I ask that you now get some rest, Canoness. You have been through a lot, and have been strong for the Sisters, but you cannot always be a pillar for them. Now is the time that you can sleep, and recover. That you never opted for replacement when your shoulder was broken in the war on Gravis, it still shows. You are going to have to let your body be repaired soon, you do know that?”
 
“I know… I think I will have it done once the witch is off our hands. When that happens, I will have the time to recover properly, to let them completely restore me.”
 
“Thank you, Canoness.”