Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ No Good ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Notes: My own submission to my challenge to the livejournal community, anichallenge. Based on A Void, the novel by Georges Perec which contains no letter e. That's right. No e. It's brilliant stuff. So I offer up my own no e thing. The exception (as stated in my challenge) is that names can include e's. Hey, it's fanfiction, what can you do? Of course, this is a short of shorts. Writing without e's is elfing hard, folks! Just a quickie ficcie about a mission gone wrong. Oh, and the charming double meaning of the last line. Not a significant meaning, but double nonetheless.

Warnings: Slight language, references to death, implied shonen ai if you want it to be

No Good
A Weiss Kreuz Fic by Kitsuneko

"Bombay! Bombay, do you copy?!" Yoji is shouting into his com link.

"I'll try. Abyssinian, you around?" Ken flicks at his own link.

"It's no good. What do you want to do?" Yoji drags a hand through his hair and blood slips along his nails. Ken marks this with rising panic.

"You okay?"

"Ah. It isn't my own. Our mark's down. You and I should go find both and, if our mission is unavoidably shot, abort."

"Shit will fly."

"All that is missing is Omi's data. I don't want lost boys on top of that." Ken nods and Yoji points him to a point Omi was using to download digital incrimination, with Aya's backup. Yoji and Ken stop at an blank door, waiting for sound. Nothing was coming from within, though Yoji could almost mark low inhalations. With a tilt causing his hair to puff for an instant, Yoji motions for Ken to stand at a far part of this door, so that Yoji could attack anybody within. Yoji nods for Ken to turn that fatal doorknob.

Nothing.

It swings without pausing. Two bodyguards nap on a torn plastic floor, looking oddly akin to fish laid into by Aya's sword. In this fish-hawk's room, almost curling among chairs, Aya and Omi lay sprawling and, for all looks, blissfully unconscious. Yoji and Ken rush to this impossibility, looking for vitals and hunting for wounds.

"Om-Bombay is okay. Just unconscious." Ken's grip on that assuring rhythm in Omi's wrist stays.

"Look his thigh, though. That dart. Abyssinian's got it in his arm, too." Yoji lifts up a small dart with a hollow for liquid, without its payload of unknowns.

"Shit. Gotta call Manx. Who knows what Abyssinian and Bombay got shot up with."

"Hang on though." A LCD displaying an affirmation of data acquisition. "Looks as though Omi got his part too. Good boy." Yoji pops that disk out and tucks it into his coat.

"I'll carry Bombay. You got Abyssinian?" Ken was moving his arms around Omi's body, cradling him against his front and lifting him.

"Oh, right, choosing a light load for your own." But Yoji lifts Aya up into his arms in a similar way, holding his cranium still with his chin.

"Okay. Mission... no good, but finishing up, right?" Assassins nod in accord, companions in arms.