Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ The Sky Is Falling ❯ The Sky Is Falling ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Her hair is blue like the sky between the petals. Nagi watches them swirl and fall. By the time they reach the ground, the tender edges get dry, and still the shades of pink are wrong. Too vivid, too cheerful, too full of life. England's rain-wetted soil does not bear sakura, and Nagi buys pale roses and fragile lilies, and sometimes orchids.
 
They are always wrong.
 
Twenty years is a long time. Twenty years failed to wipe Schwarz out of his memory--neither fear, nor adrenaline, nor excitement. Crawford's plans, ripe with chaos and pleasure, are still clear in his mind. Waking up on the beach the day after, the leaders of Eszett buried in the tranquil ocean along with their secrets and their powers. The wild taste of freedom, the heady rush of survival, the pain of multiple wounds. Crawford and Schuldig kissing wildly, laughing, and kissing again, looking more frightful than ever. Offering Nagi a part of the world they were going to play with until they got bored and found another world for themselves--which he refused, politely.
 
Sometimes, he misses it all. Mostly, he feels nothing, his life a quiet and orderly journey towards a coffin.
 
He returned to Japan to see her, ten years ago. She called herself Aiko, dyed her hair chestnut brown, had a mild-mannered husband and three children. She worked in a national bank and wore sensible shoes. She had a phobia of umbrellas and hated everything pink.
 
He found Schuldig and begged him to awaken Tot in her, then begged him not to. He returned to London, and he felt nothing since.
 
Every Sunday he buys early crocuses and blushing carnations, and strolls into the park with a steady gait of a prudent man, and sends the petals high into the air. They dance and fall, and they aren't real at all. In a different life, he went down in the avalanche of stones, and his last thought was of her hair--blue, like the sky.