Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ What No One Knows... ❯ Prologue

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~Prologue~

"While I'm up, does anyone want another beer?" Omi questioned, laughter and alcohol coloring his cherubic face.

It was an uneventful Friday night, and the four boys of Weiß had found themselves in their shared living room with a case of beer and nothing better to do. Close to twenty beers later, they were busy laughing about things that no one in a sober mind would ever find funny. Ken had staked out a place sprawled out on the couch, Aya was sitting cross-legged in an armchair, and Yohji was leaning up against it.

"I'll take one!" Ken chimed, raising his hand in enthusiasm.

Yohji shouted, "Oi! Another one fer me, too." He peered into the mouth of the can he held, shaking it to determine its contents. When he decided it was empty, he tossed it to the floor.

Aya made a disgusted noise at Yohji's reply, earning him an angry look. "Look at you," he chided. "Yer already drunk. You don' need another beer."

"Ha!" came the retaliatory exclamation. "*Yer* the one who's drunk, Aya. Ya know ya can't handle yer liquor. Yer worsh than Ken!" he slurred.

"Oi-!" Ken attempted to interject.

"Oh, well *excuse me* for not bein' more like the great an' won'erful Kudou," Aya retorted, mumbling, "Not that it'd be that hard."

Omi was returning with the beers just as the blond questioned, "What'd you say?"

"Izz true!" Aya explained. "All ya ever do is sleep, drink, an' have sex. How hard can it be?"

The acclaimed playboy was at a momentary loss before quipping, "You'd think that, wouldn't ya? Well I'm sure bein' *you* isn't hard either. Lessee…ya brood, sulk, mope, an' yell at anyone who attempts to talk to ya. If I jus' sat in a corner all day, I'd be jus' like you."

Omi handed Yohji the beer and sat back down, wondering exactly what he had missed in the short time he was gone. The blond was in the process of opening his can when Ken jokingly chimed, "Then why don'cha switch places?" Two confused faces stared at him. "I dare ya. Fer a whole week, Aya, I dare ya to act like Yohji. An' Yohji, I dare ya to act like Aya. *Then* you'll see who has it easy."

Both assassins thought about it for a minute. It was the redhead who first agreed. "Fine," he muttered, snatching the beer from Yohji's hand and taking a long swig.

"All right, fine," the blond huffed, crossing his arms and pouting. He could do it, no problem. How hard could it possibly be to act as cold as Aya?