Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ When All Is Said And Done ❯ I ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Summary: Amon is struggling. On one hand, there's Touko. On another, there's Robin. And slowly creeping up from the shadows of his mind is someone he never expected. He can feel himself slowly changing, embracing his final object of lust. But can he really turn his back on everything he's always known?
 
Warnings: As the story parameters may have already informed you, this story contains yaoi and violence. It also contains a lemon, and some coarse or otherwise offensive language. Please use discretion in reading should you choose to continue.
 
Disclaimer: Witch Hunter Robin is the property of Sunrise, Inc (subsidiary of Namco Bandai Holdings). This story is not meant to be construed as a claim to ownership of said anime in any form.
 
……………
 
When All Is Said And Done
 
I
Amon
 
Beep. Hello, Amon? It's Touko. I know you wanted to shoot for Wednesday, but I think tomorrow would be better for both of us, don't you? Please, give me a call as soon as you get this message, no matter the time. I'm looking forward to hearing from you..... Goodbye.
Amon stared at the phone. A red light blinked, and the machine informed him that that was the last message. He sat back, and placed his hand in his chin, listening as the machine rewound the tape. He didn't want to call her. He didn't want to meet her Tuesday. He didn't want to meet her Wednesday, either.
He leaned back further and looked straight ahead out of the large floor to ceiling window that framed the back wall of his living room. The city lights gleamed on the outside, blurred slightly by the haze of the evening, and the dewy moisture left from the passing storm. He stood up and went over to the window, placing his hand on the mullion, unconsciously avoiding putting his palm on the window pane.
He wouldn't call her. He'd let her think he hadn't checked his messages, and therefore Wednesday would have to be the day. He shook his head at himself on the inside. This wasn't going to work. He couldn't avoid it and he knew it. He looked towards the phone, and his cowardice faltered. He walked over to it, picked up the receiver and dialed Touko's number. It was about nine in the evening, and he was sure she'd be home. She was.
“Hello, Amon,” she greeted. She was happy to hear from him. She was always happy to hear from him. He didn't return the feeling, and that lack of reciprocation was how he knew.
“Touko,” he said.
 
Touko
 
She was used to his coldness. She smiled over the phone and sat down on her plush armchair. She crossed her legs. She always felt that if she looked presentable, it would somehow reflect how she seemed on the phone. She wanted to seem at her best at the moment, and so she poised herself in that manner.
“So, you received my message?” she asked.
“Yes,” Amon said. “We'll meet tomorrow.” She smiled heavily, hoping that he could sense it.
“Great,” she said.
“Touko?”
“Yes, Amon?”
“I'll come to you. Don't dress up. I won't be long.” She paused momentarily, not expecting that from him. She nodded slowly to herself. He was just being coy.
“Okay,” she said. “I'll be sure to dress accordingly.”
“I'll be there at ten. You'll be home?”
“Of course,” Touko said. “In fact, you can come a little earlier if you'd like.”
“No. I'll be there at ten.” Touko smiled again.
“Great,” she said. “I'll see you then?”
“Yes.”
“Goodnight, Amon.” Amon hung up. In all the phone calls she could remember, he never said goodbye to her. Touko had a reason for that. She convinced herself that Amon was among those who were afraid to say goodbye; afraid that in saying goodbye, it would guarantee a final goodbye. Touko smirked at Amon's suspected sensitivity.
She reached over to her end table, picked up her glass of wine and sipped it slowly. Robin wasn't home yet and she still had time to relax. She was probably staying late talking with Michael again. Touko shook her head at that. Didn't that foolish girl know that Michael had no interest in her? She was always feeding him doughnuts and hanging around him at the office from what Touko'd heard. Touko pressed the wine glass to her lips. And the way Robin acted around Amon was laughable at most. Amon loved Touko, he'd never go for someone as young and as foolish and as unsettled as Robin. He wanted someone sleek and sophisticated; grownup and intellectual.
Touko smiled again and stood up. So Amon thought he'd only stop by for a moment, did he? Touko took her glass with her into her bedroom. She sat it down on the end table near her bed and opened the door to her closet. She looked inside for the perfect thing to wear, changing her original pick now that their plans were different. She pulled out a silky midnight blue dress and shoes to match. That would do.
She opened the second drawer on her dresser to search for underwear. She looked back to the dress, then back to the underwear drawer. No. No underwear. She closed the drawer promptly. Just the dress, and…perhaps some hor d'oeuvres. Excitement tickled her senses as she went over what she wanted to happen Tuesday night. She was just hanging the dress up to air it out when she heard keys at the door.
 
Robin
 
She was tired. Her back ached terribly from leaning over her desk all day, and her eyes were drooping from exhaustion. She tried to arrange her keys with one hand, as the other held a plastic bag. The keys slipped from her hand and hit the floor with an unsettling clack. She sighed heavily and looked down at them. She waited a moment before she kneeled and picked them up. She used both of her hands to unlock the door that time, then pushed it open.
Her eyes immediately went to the floor. Touko's shoes were sitting in the entrance. She was home. Great.
Robin liked Touko, but had the nagging sense that Touko despised her. She wasn't sure what she'd done to make Touko feel that way about her. She always tried to treat her nicely. In fact, she was positive that she did. Michael once told her that being too nice could be damaging. Robin didn't see how.
She went inside and moved towards the couch. She sat down and placed her bag on the floor next to her feet. She sighed, sat back, and began to take her hair down. Touko came from her bedroom and leaned against the wall, arms folded and expression superior. Robin looked down. She hated when Touko gave her that look. She was going to ask her to leave again.
“Amon's coming over tomorrow night,” Touko said. “I'll need the apartment empty. Arrange with Michael to stay at the Flat, alright?”
“Okay, Touko.” Touko moved away from the wall and went into the kitchen. Robin didn't watch as she fiddled around in there. She thought of Amon. Nothing particular about him, but enough about him to make her smile to herself. In her thoughts, she could imagine what she wanted. It wasn't necessarily to be with Amon, but just to be accepted by him. She would be; she just had to wait. She found it silly that that was her basic goal as a worker for the STN, but at least she had something to work towards.
 
Amon
 
It was getting too late to stay awake. Amon lay in bed, face up and staring at the ceiling. He reached over and shut out his lamp. Tuesday would be more eventful than he wished. In the still of the night, it was quiet and chilly. Under the sheets was warm and comfortable. Amon closed his eyes. Since when did going to sleep become the highlight of his day? At least in sleep, he could dream, and in dreaming he could live without restraints. He could live as he wanted. And he could forget life as he knew it, if only just for a portion of his day.
……………
kaj