Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When it Hurts ❯ One With New Destiny ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Alright you guys! Here we go! Another great chapter from my love for writing!
 
I don't own Inuyasha or wolfs rain!!!
 
Chapter 2
 
One With New Destiny
 
Kagome stopped staring at the strangely pack of men and focused on the first one to speak to her after they had walked down the ally; a mature and rugged voice.
 
“What's your name, kid?” It was more of a statement towards Kagome then anything else; also a rude thing to say, considering she was a lady and was usually highly respected, but she let it pass and answered back with a strong and honorable voice.
 
She raised her chin in a prideful manner, one that demanded respect, and spoke surly, “Higurashi. Higurashi, Kagome. What's it to you?”
 
She inwardly smirked when she realized his eyes opened up a little more in realization she could possibly be a priestess, as with the others reactions, came the same facial appearance.
 
`It almost seems like they're talking to each other.' Kagome mused while watching the concentrated faces of the wolves before her.
 
Another voice spoke this time. Instead of rugged, she got a more familiar voice, a soft spoken and again, mature voice. “We know you are of the wolf. Do you know of paradise? We are in search of it, and we were wondering-“ He was cut off by the chubby one with a collar.
 
“-If a lovely lady would care to join us; preferably, you!” Hige smiled big while the others got serious and the youngest red headed one smacked him on the head and shouted at the loveable oaf.
 
“Hige, that's so rude! Can't you see that Kiba was trying to talk until you just had to come along and be impolite in the presence of a lady! What the heck is wrong with you!?” Toboe gritted his teeth in frustration while Hige rubbed the back of his head sheepishly, and the other two sighed in frustration.
 
Once again the oldest of them spoke up, this time a little more demanding and unsure of what to say. “We want you to come and help us find paradise, wolf.” Kagome furrowed her eyebrow in slight confusion and in slight frustration.
 
The one apparently named Kiba spoke up, forcing his eyes to search into hers for answers. “You don't know what we're talking about, do you?” Kiba waited for her to respond as did the others, patiently.
 
Kagome stared at them for a second, and told them simply, “No. No, I don't.” Before any of them could speak up again she forced in her second question. “Who are you?”
 
All of them fell silent for a few seconds. Kagome noted that their faces had that concentrated look again.
 
After a few more seconds of waiting for an answer, the youngest one spoke up proudly and loudly, seeming to cut off the others concentration. “I'm Toboe! I'm a wolf like you!” He began to point at the others while addressing them. “This big rude one is Hige! He's always hungry! This one is Tsume! He's kind of rude too. Stay out of his way on Saturdays because that's him and Hige's argument day! And lastly, this is Kiba! He's kind of like our leader; but, um, our pack doesn't really have a leader!” He smiled brightly and waited for Kagome to say something.
 
She pondered for a minute to herself, eyeing their actions. She took in the fact that they waited for her to answer back. `I trust them. They seem to smell okay, and sure of themselves. But…what's paradise? Is this in my destiny? Kami help me.'
 
KAGOME POV
 
I couldn't turn it down. Something told me I had to join these strange ones in their quest. So I said, officially, making sure of my next and possibly permanent answer. “I'll join you.”
 
Toboe, I think his name was, beamed at me sincerely and started to clap his hands in happiness. Kiba, sighed inwardly, I could tell, apparently relieved. Hige, that “rude” one, gave me an even bigger and…weirder smile. Eh, almost a creepy one.
 
Tsume looked angry, and happy, and relieved, and disgusted, but sure. It was the weirdest case of emotions I've ever seen someone portray in just one moment. He stared at me, analyzing me. Apparently I was good enough for him and his pack, because after a few short seconds, he turned his head off to the side and huffed.
 
END POV
 
START KIBA POV
 
I'm happy to know she said yes. The others seem to take to her nicely, even Tsume, I could tell, quietly agreed to her after examining her.
 
I'm surprised she doesn't know about Paradise. Cheza would have loved this Kagome.
 
Toboe seems the most excited of us all, and it's good that Hige and the rest of us are ok with her, but we need to get going.
 
After Toboe stopped clapping and Hige stopped grinning, I spoke up, “We should go. It will be getting late soon.”
 
END POV
 
Toboe, Hige, Tsume, and Kiba, all suddenly noted that Kagome had a sad, and seemingly “off” look.
 
Toboe became concerned, and said tenderly, “What's the matter Kagome? You don't like us?” Toboe looked as though he was about to cry.
 
Kagome suddenly stopped staring at her toes and looked up at Toboe with slight concern. “Never.” She reassured him. “It's just…something else.” Kagome made sure not to let too much slip out. If they ever knew she wasn't a real wolf, would they think of her differently?
 
Kiba began to walk off, and the others fallowed him, unquestionably as a pack. Kagome followed behind and smiled to herself. `Thank you Kami, for handing me the first step, to the biggest adventure ever.'
 
Time seemed to stop, and Kagome stopped thinking about her recent tragedy. All was well, and she had the feeling, there is a new quest for her.
 
She put her past behind her for the time being, and placed her revenge behind the first thing, being with her new “pack”.
 
So! What do ya think??? I think it's FAN-TABULOUS! Get it? FAN-tabulous? Okay, I'm not funny...sorry hehe. Sorry this chapter is short you guys, but the next one won't be, I'm sure of it.