X-men Evolution Fan Fiction ❯ Blind ❯ Blind ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
It was the start of a new semester and for the new recruits – their first danger room session. They all huddled excitedly in a bunch, eagerly anticipating what would be waiting them behind the metal doors. Those who did know what lied in wait for them looked anything but excited.
‘Like don’t they ever give us a break’ Kitty glared at the metal doors
‘Kitty! We’ve been on a break the past two months, remember?’ Jean looked over at the younger girl
‘Well that’s so not enough time to recover’ Kitty continued her glaring
Jean rolled her eyes. In truth she wasn’t much happier than Kitty. Danger room sessions were bad, but they were worse after a 2 month holiday.
‘You’re forgetting that it’s Logan today on top of that’
Startled, Jean looked around. ‘Scott Summers, don’t do that!’ she punched him playfully in the stomach.
He flashed her a lopsided grin ‘I couldn’t help it, you were really broadcasting your thoughts’
Once again, Jean rolled her eyes. ‘You’re surprisingly late Summers. First danger room session back, I thought you’d be queuing up’
It was Scott’s turn to punch her. ‘I was out staying with Alex, thought I’d stay on another night so came back early this morning’
‘Scott, it’s nine in the morning. Just how early this morning? If you fall asleep I’m leaving you behind’ she muttered, turning once more to glare at the door.
‘Nice to see you again too’ he whispered in her ear before grinning and walking over to Kitty who had been impatiently waiting for her turn to greet him.
A few minutes passed in silence, all too tired to start up conversation
Loud footsteps broke the silence that had fallen around the students, most still half asleep. The new recruits peered curiously down the corridor whispering excitedly. The footsteps were getting nearer. Kurt let out a groan ‘Logan’
Sure enough, a couple of seconds later Logan had marched down the corridor to where the students were waiting.
‘Right’ he growled, glaring around them ‘For those of you who don’t know me, I’m Professor Logan and while you remain at the Xavier Institute you’ll be seeing a lot of me and the room in which we’re about to enter’
‘Too much’ Evan muttered under his breath
‘Keep talking Daniels’ Logan spun around to face him
Evan groaned and buried his head in his hands
‘For those of you who are new, I’ll be looking to see what you’re made of and to the rest of you I’ll be able to see how much training you put in over the Summer’
Scott yawned loudly
‘I’m looking at you Cyke’ Logan stared intently at Scott who, like Evan, buried his face in his hands. Jean tried to stifle her laugh, but failed miserably. Logan turned his glare to her
‘So, I’ll start on Level 1 and move up. The aim, stay alive as long as possible’ with that Logan marched off to the control room
‘I hate these vones’ Kurt raised his arms above his head stretching.
The huge metal doors opened and the students walked in, the newer ones desperately trying to hide behind the older x men.
Here we go again Scott tensed himself for the oncoming attack