Xiaolin Showdown Fan Fiction ❯ Trying To Think ❯ Concentration ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Prologue:
Omi sat quietly in his room, balanced on one leg, with his right one tucked in. His hands where drawn together, both hidden under his sleeves. Silently mediating and making absolutely no movements what-so-ever, he tried clearing his mind. Too bad the thoughts of a certain black haired, dragon eyed heylin warrior wouldn't let him.
Elsewhere...
Chase Young sat in front of one of his many water fountains, legs crossed and hands neatly folded together laying them neatly in his lap. Though not a single sound emerged from him, his mind buzzed with thoughts and questions, all about a particular monk, one short, with no hair and black eyes.
 
“Star Hanabi, FIRE!”
 
“Huh, wha- aahhhh! Ow!” Caught of guard the attack went unnoticed and Omi was flung backwards hitting the ground with a thud!
 
“Oh I'm so sorry Omi, are you okay?” asked Kimiko concernedly
 
“Hey lil' buddy you alright?” said Clay, as he and Raimundo walked over.
 
“Yeah, you're totally off today pal.”
 
“Yes, as you say; it would seem that I haven't reached the fullest height of my activity.”
 
“You mean you're not at the top of your game?”
 
“Ah yes, that too.” Everyone groaned, and Raimundo slapped his face at Omi's misuse of slang, again. “I shall go mediate in the woods now my friends, I will be back shortly.” Omi said turning his back to the other xiaolin monks. As they watched the smallest of their teammate leave, each of them could not help but notice the slight tone of sadness in his voice. Exchanging glances they all knew it was best to just let Omi be for now.
 
Making his way high up on a hill top the young dragon noticed the spot he reached contained a good area of grass, trees in the background, along with a magnificent view of the xiaolin temple. The sun setting gave the old building an enchanting look. Crossing his legs and folding his arms Omi cleared his mind of his everyday thoughts and worries till they drifted away.
 
“Omi, why can't I get you to leave my thoughts? No matter what you do, your very being seems to haunt me; I must get to the bottom of this- huh, how peculiar that the soul object of my desire would just happen to be right here waiting for me.”
Walking swiftly over to his prized possession he stood behind the monk and watched him, awed by the fact he did not sense his presence or his shadow that lay over him.
 
Deep in his meditative state Omi was cut off from the world. He could feel the beat of the earth and the pounding sounds from the life below. Air which appeared to be still flowed gently as the unknown breeze glided across the land. The blazing heat of dormant volcanoes along with the steady waves of the ocean covering the planet rumbled powerfully. A surge of energy suddenly came rushing towards him the blast hit, and he was then outside his body! He could see himself sitting peacefully, the sun on his face and a figure standing behind him. Could it be, Chase Young? Returning to his body Omi jumped forward and flipped in the air landing to face his opponent.
 
“Chase Young, why is it that you are here?”
 
“You as anyone else should know that I am by all means free to roam the lands are I not?” Omi glared up at the heylin warrior, knowing Chase was up to something, like he always was! Speaking up once again he said;
 
“Yes, but what are you doing here, so close to the Xiaolin temple?”
 
“I was merely out for a walk and I just so happened to wonder upon the temple, though I am not here to fight.”
 
“I do not believe you Chase Young. You are evil; you can not be trusted!”
 
“Oh Omi, must you be so modest?”
 
“What is it you want?” Omi spoke out cautiously, hearing a dangerous laugh, Omi knew he had to get away, and fast!
 
“You.” he said, throwing a large piece of black cloth over him, Chase's face was his last sight before total darkness took him.
“Oh, what happened?” Putting a hand on his forehead Omi sat up looking around he saw he was back at the temple.
 
“Hi Omi.”
 
“WAHHHHHHHH!”
 
“AHHHHHHHHH!” Omi and Raimundo screamed together.
 
“Wow, I knew Raimundo's face was ugly, but it's not that bad is it?” Dojo joked.
 
“Oh, very funny Dojo,” Raimundo stuck his tongue out at the little green dragon for his unnecessary insult.
 
“Well it was.” Kimiko said after giggling.
 
“Whatever.” Raimundo spoke bluntly and then mumble a few unnecessary insults himself.
 
“Excuse me my friends, but what time is it?” Omi said obliviously.
 
“Um, its seven dude.” Raimundo answered.
 
“What, but I left to mediate at four earlier today!” Omi shouted.
 
“Yeah, we where all wondering where you went off to partner, but when we came back to the temple you were in bed out like a 50 watt light bulb.” replied Clay.
 
“Thank you for your concerns my friends, but I think I shall sleep awhile longer.”
 
“But what about dinner Omi,” Kimiko questioned,
 
“I shall be fine thank you.”
 
“Dibs on his grub,” said Clay,
 
“No man I call it!” responded Raimundo. Rolling her eyes Kimiko began to leave
 
“Later Omi,” she smiled back at him.
 
“Good night my friends.” said Omi.
 
“Are ya sure you're alright kid?” asked a curious Dojo.
 
“Yes I am sure I am fine, thank you Dojo.” shrugging his shoulders the tiny dragon slithered his way out,
 
“Well alright then, hey you guys save me some of the little guys extra food too!” Watching the group leave, Omi sighed and then laid back down.
 
“Back on the hilltop, with Chase, did that all really happen? And if so, why does it taunt me so?” Omi thought on this until he fell into a dreamless sleep.
 
“All in good time I will have you, Omi.” Someone sneered quietly in the shadows.
 
“Who is there?” Omi asked fearfully.
 
“Don't be afraid.” came the slick reply. Building up confidence Omi hid any evidence left of fear in his voice, then standing from his bed he boldly asked;
 
“Who are you, show yourself, why are you here?” Hearing a low sickening deep laugh, the creature stepped out of the shadows into the moonlight that peered in from the glassless window. At first Omi didn't recognize the golden, metallic, humanoid dragon with shinning yellow silted eyes. Realization drawing in he cried out; “Tsunami strike, WATER!”
 
“Hn, nice try.” Said the monster grinning; now it's my turn;
 
“Mantis kick!” it yelled knocking poor Omi out cold for the second time that day.
 
“Oh, my head aches so badly.” Said Omi, and couldn't sit still for it felt as though he'd been spinning and he was very dizzy.
 
“I am sorry to hear that young monk.” As a familiar form came towards him,
 
“Chase Young! What am I doing here and might I add where is here anyway?” Chase laughed at obvious fear in the child's voice.
 
“Do not be afraid young dragon of the water, no harm will come to you.” Neither trusting nor liking the tone of voice used, Omi kept up his defenses.
 
“You still have not answered me Chase Young, where have you taken me?” Amused by the child antics he simply replied;
 
“Don't you know? This place should be familiar.” Looking around, Omi saw he was at none other than Chase's lair.
 
“How, what, when, why did you…” Omi was to shaken to speak, there was no way Chase could have gotten this him this far from the temple in a short amount of time with out the golden tiger claws, that is unless he stole them from the xiaolin temple.
 
“Cat got your tongue?” Chase mocked. Omi snapped out of his trance.
 
“You evil heylin warrior, I do not believe you have brought me here for simple talk, or any good intentions.”
 
“You have no idea how right you are little one.”
 
“What do you mean by th-!?” Before Omi could finish his question Chase captured Omi's lips in his own stealing his first kiss! Wide-eyed and confused Omi just stood there in complete and utter shock as something more deep than a kiss was stolen. Omi wasn't completely oblivious to what was taking place; he had seen Raimundo and Jack share the same thing before. Of course they had thought they had been in total privacy when they did this, but Omi began to feel envious toward the two, wishing he as well had someone to share that with. It was only now that he realized how attractive Chase was. Maybe always had had a deeper liking for him, only until now was he aware of it. Fighting the inner battle within himself took but a few seconds to come to terms with his feelings, he blushed at the fact that even though stolen, Chase would always be his first kiss. Not wanting to ruin the moment Omi hesitantly kissed back.
 
Growling from having no response he was about break away when he felt Omi shyly push back. Feeling overjoyed inside that his feeling were returned he flicked his tongue out against the other's lips. As a soft gasped escaped the smaller of the two he darted his tongue inside his mouth. As he tried to get away he grabbed his small shoulders in a power grip keeping him in place. With one strong shove the other somehow managed to free himself, as he distanced himself from him he backed into a wall. Satisfied that Omi was trapped he made his way towards him.
 
“Have you ever done anything like this before little one?” He taunted him with his words seeing the lost look in his eyes taking his chance to make his move.
 
“No I have not! Why did you that!?” Omi shouted angrily, and somewhat hurt; He simply laughed at the young child's antics.
 
“You are in my domain, here I am the law. What I say goes, and I can do what ever I want when and where I please.” Omi was crushed; he felt pain in his heart he had never felt before. It was necessary to force down his feeling, despite how painful it was. He'd finally found that one person he wanted to kiss, to love. Only to learn their kiss could not return what he truly needed. He would never know what it would be like to feel, whole, or to look in Chase's eyes as he saw Raimundo and Jack with each other. Hate replacing the hurt that had just swallowed Omi, he didn't fight the rest of his anger from flowing out.
 
“I will never join you or the heylin side. It is useless to try and win me over, that is something no one like you could ever do!” Crash; Omi was slammed sideways, it was the hardest hit Chase had ever dealt him, ever…
 
“You have no idea of what you speak, leave now!” The large doors swung open sending an enormous gust of wind towards them. Omi had to use what little strength he had left just for the stamina to not be blown away. Chase however did not so much as even flinch as the air had come hurdling at him, turning his back he stormed out leaving alone. Omi started at where Chase had stood, feeling broken, he turned to leave only to the find that the weather that greeted him was none other than a blizzard
 
 
BBV: Why am I so mean to Omi, I'm horrible person nooooooooo! x'( Wait, no this is all Chase's fault that evil bas- *covers mouth* (Oh yeah I forgot that I don't have a death) Review please!