Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Fragments ❯ 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Fragments
By: Aya1412
 
Disclaimers don't make fanfiction particularly legal.
 
 
Inheritance
The fuda papers were his now. There were over fifty, each one exquisite, some for barriers, some for exorcism, some with kanji so ancient Hisoka had never even seen them before. He couldn't bear the fuda, knowing they'd been touched by Tsuzuki, that he'd put such care into them. Seeing them on Tsuzuki's empty desk made him want to cry. But still, anyone with the gall to lay a finger on even a single paper was met with his temper. And now, an angry Hisoka was quite dangerous. Fuda were all he had left of Tsuzuki, and he would protect them for all eternity.
 
Darkness
Touda is afraid of the dark. No one can ever know this, of course; he is despised but still respected by other Shikigami, which is enough for him. If they ever found out, though.... Darkness reminds him of bondage, the despair underlying his master's bright soul, and those thousands of years he had forgotten what happiness is like. Sometimes, darkness makes him feel alone. Sometimes it seethes with foul creatures that should never have been allowed existence.
But none of that truly bothers him. Touda is afraid of the dark simply because where there is darkness there is no Tsuzuki -unless something has gone terribly wrong. And even more than the darkness, Touda fears for his Shinigami's well-being.
 
Hobbies
He had found a new game to play while still recovering in the hospital. It was called “Keep Tsuzuki's Thoughts Away From Hisoka.” Hisoka could never find out, for example, that he'd summoned Touda again three times already, or that in his innermost heart he was angry with Tatsumi for daring to save him, and in his innermost heart he was angry with Hisoka, too, for daring to make him feel loved. And no one could ever, ever find out that when Muraki had hurt him, slashed his throat, humiliated him, he'd been secretly grateful. That in secret, he still needed more.
 
Writing
Name: Tsuzuki Asato
Case: 34992
Case Summary: Bad man stealing souls.
Procedures Followed:
1. Trailed bad man
3 2. Ate cake
3. Trailed bad man again
4. Had coffee
5. Had pie
6. Saved little girl
7. Cornered enemy
8. Enemy summoned a monster
9. Summoned Byako Suzaku
10. Chatted with Suzaku
11. Killed enemy
12. Bought sweets for boss
Casualties/Injuries: 3 bildings buildings
Budget: Don't remember
Money Spent: ¥4000
 
Name: Kurosaki Hisoka
Case: 34992
Case summary: A man named Honda Akira stole souls from female children to
gain spiritual power.
Procedures Followed:
After arriving in Yokohama, we located Honda and trailed him. After an hour, though, Tsuzuki got hungry and I was unable to stop him from entering a sweet shop. I had to let him eat and drink, but then forced him to accompany me while we resumed tracking. After another hour, he ate again. Shortly after prying him away from his food we caught up to Honda at Sunset Park, where he was attempting to extract the soul from a five-year-old girl named Aiko. Tsuzuki fought Honda while I protected the little girl using a barrier made from my chi. Honda summoned a dragon-like familiar, and Tsuzuki countered by summoning Suzaku. The battle was over quickly and Honda killed. However, in the process, the park and three adjacent buildings were destroyed. For a more detailed explanation, please read the attached papers.
Casualties: Honda Akira extracted the souls from Saitou Hiroko, Tanaka Keiko, and
Fukagawa Natsuki before we were assigned the case. Honda himself was also killed.
Budget: ¥2000
Money Spent: Unfortunately, Tsuzuki spent twice the allotted budget.
 
Anger
When Tsuzuki was annoyed, rooms were messed up and papers strewn about. When he was pissed off, buildings exploded. When he was angry, he really got in the mood to hurt people. When that happened even the gods trembled in fear, because Tsuzuki was powerful enough to destroy all of Meifu without bothering to summon a single Shikigami. If he tried hard enough he could probably annihilate Heaven and Hell, too.
 
Warning
“It's been several years and you haven't summoned me once.”
“Oh! I'm sorry, Touda, I really am.” Tsuzuki looked at him earnestly.
“No. I wanted to tell you that it's a good thing. You should probably never call on me at all.”
“Eh? Why?”
“They told you about my hell fire, didn't they?”
“Byakko said it's dangerous....”
“It can kill even a Shikigami. If you summon me, your life will be in jeopardy.”
“I'm sorry.”
Touda was confused.
“I don't understand,” he said. What is there to apologize for?”
 
Dancing
Watching his partner dance with Hisae, who should have died months ago and now lived through sheer stubbornness in order to be a dancer for her brother's sake, Hisoka saw a whole different side of Tsuzuki. The tall man would practice for hours with her, never once mentioning hunger or sweets. He would look at her with eyes so gentle that Hisoka did not need powers of empathy to know the Shinigami was developing feelings that went beyond simple respect. When Tsuzuki was waltzing with Hisae he was like a completely different person, and in spite of himself Hisoka was unable to stop feeling jealous of a girl destined to die within the next twenty four hours.
 
Fuda
Tsuzuki's fuda were a good indication of his character. Placed face down on his desk, they looked like simple paper rectangles used for doodling, perhaps when in a meeting. He drew little better that Watari did, and confined his subjects mainly to smiley faces and comical imitations of Tatsumi's face. Placed right side up, however, they were clearly weapons. Complex kanji were written in strong, sure strokes or wispy, barely-there caresses, Tsuzuki's calligraphy as close to perfect as anyone could get. Unlike his reports, the Shinigami put several hours of work into each fuda, and the effort clearly paid off. Each paper radiated power, and anyone who touched them got a hint as to how Tsuzuki Asato had acquired four gods without having to fight a single one.