Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Chaotic Outbreak Endless Ilumination ❯ Chapter 10 Negastream ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 10 Negastream
 
Moments; that is how long the time felt for Brett while he slept. For well over twelve hours he slept solidly; the disease had wiped out all of his strength, but now all of his friends were going to take care of him. Brett woke up; he was in Blair's room and the sun was so bright that it was clearly day time. He looked over at her clock; the time was past five. He scanned the room and saw his stuff in the corner.
 
All of his stuff had been moved into Blair's room. It was all still packed away, but there was no mistaking that it was his. He was still in the same clothes, and he felt a little weak. His memory was foggy; the last day seamed like a nightmare with fragments of a dream. The last thing he clearly remembered kissing Blair in the morning. Then memories of the pain came crashing back; Brett suddenly felt a pain in his arm. Even the memories seamed to be causing him pain.
 
“Brett you're up!” Brett turned to see Blair; she was in her red uniform, and she looked so incredibly happy to see him. She tossed her text book, and duel disk quickly to the ground. Her hear whipped from side to side while she ran to him; she leapt onto the bed and right into Brett. Her arms wrapped around Brett so quickly that he had no time to react. She was crying slightly, but they were tears of happiness; after yesterday she was just happy to see him alive.
 
Blair sat up and started kissing him all over the face; Brett was confused why she was doing this, but soon she stopped and went back to do. “Brett I'm so happy you are ok; I could not bear to see you like that. I was afraid to lose you, but now everything is okay now. I will look after you from now on…” Brett was hugging back, and he was happy to hear that right now. “Thanks Blair; it means a lot to me, but what happened to me?”
 
“You were stricken with some kind of disease; you nearly died. Then Siarnaq came and saved you; he preformed a soul bonding ceremony to save your life. It was really scary, but we all stuck by you…” Blair was blushing; she was a little surprised to hear that he had no memory of anything that had happened. “Blair what exactly is Soul Bonding?”
 
Blair got up and sat down on the side of the bed; she was not going to keep secrets from him. He needed to know the truth; “Soul Bonding is a procedure that bonds two souls together forever. One person offers there eternal support; while the other person receives strengths from the person they support.” Brett already knew who he was bonded to and was ready to thank her; “thank you Blair; there is no one else I would rather be bonded to. I guess that means you will get some of my strengths.”
 
Blair was happy for the approval; she knew that Brett would prove, but his approval was wonderful to receive. “Yeah I might change a little, but I'm happy I could save you for once. I just want you to know that I will always stay by you; not just because of our bond…” Brett sat up and stopped her little nervous shaking that he noticed by putting a hand on her shoulder. “Siarnaq said it was a good idea for you to spend as much time as possible. So everyone moved all your stuff here and this is where you are living.”
 
Brett laughed; “so this is what it took for me to be really aloud in here. I should have done this sooner.” Blair was flattered; she could still not believe he ever doubted him. “Brett; I'm so in love with you. I would do anything for you, but you already know that… I bet you even know that I won't leave you now...”
 
A loud knocking came from the door; stopping Blair from finishing what she was about to say. The door opened and Axel's spiky hair poked in; “hey kids. How you two doing? Strengthening that bond yet? Oh Brett; you really got lucky, Blair is almost too good for you.” Axel's head was looking in on the two, and Axel was smiling from ear to ear. Suddenly Axel was pushed through the door; he landed on his face, and in walked the rest of his friends.
 
Blair lay down on the bed close to Brett; she was on her side, and very comfortable next to him. All the rest of his friends sat in different places in the room; Alexis was looking at Brett intently, and soon she decided to speak. “So Brett are you doing alright? Yesterday you were in so much pain; we were all really worried about you.” Brett nodded in response and Alexis breathed a sigh of relief.
 
Almost all of Brett's friends were there; Jasmine, Mindy, Axel, Alexis, Hasleberry, Chazz, Syrus, and Mrs. Fontaine were all in the room taking a good look at him. Mrs. Fontaine was enjoying seeing Blair so close; Brett was decent and would not take advantage of her, so they were cute to be so close. Mrs. Fontaine having her own reputation on the line for allowing Brett felt one last need for a reminder. “So Brett; from now on you are living in this room with Blair. The school will allow this so long as you behave; so you better.”
 
Axel finally recovered from his face plant; he got up and rubbed his face. “Brett how are you so lucky to get all of this; you got a girlfriend. You have power, friends, wealth, good looks, and well; talent. You got it pretty good…” Blair nodded her head into the side of Brett's chest. “You mean a great girlfriend… and yes he is; he is my Exia, and there are only six of them left. I'm so lucky to have the best one of all of them.”
 
Brett was so incredibly embarrassed; Siarnaq must have told them his races name and even how many there was. He was flattered that she was enthusiastic, but somehow he was a little worried about the future. “So Brett; we all know about your abilities, but what about the rest of your race?” Alexis asked; Brett had no idea where to start. “Well there is one for each element; we all have unique forms and abilities. They are all mostly nice people; some are a little troubled; I just hope are race does not end with us.”
 
Blair still had her face buried in Brett's chest; she pulled it out, and moved up till her face was right beside his. She moved in and kissed him on his cheek; “don't worry, it won't.” Brett looked away out of embarrassment; everyone laughed at Brett. Chazz clenched his fist in anger; Jasmine looked over at him, and she was wondering what his problem was. “Chazz what is your problem now, do you ever have a smile or do you have to ruin everything?”
 
“What do you think I'm mad about? Jaden just totally abandoned us, and his friend. What is his problem?” Nobody could answer for Jaden, but Brett was surprised. “What do you mean Jaden abandoned me? He has been gone for over a week.” Alexis walked over and put her hand on his shoulder. “Brett Jaden got back almost two days ago; I guess you never found out because of that problem yesterday.”
 
Blair had her hands on Brett; she knew he was going to over react about the news. “So long as Jaden is safe; then I'm happy. If he needs time to recover from whatever happened then we should give him all the time he needs. Till then me and Blair can try to help him out; no all of us can go help him. I will help him, but if he needs time; then he needs time. But my priority is to Blair first; I need to spend time with her. After all she saved my life, and I need to repay her.”
 
Blair got half way up; she was on her hands and knees, but what Brett said that was so touching that it did not matter if people were watching. She dropped down and kissed Brett on the kiss; she slowly opened and closed around his mouth in a sensual way. She finally stopped after a few seconds; she dropped back down to her original position. She giggled at the sense she was getting good at kissing and she smiled as she spoke. “I love my Exia; he is so perfect.”
 
The rest of the night they all talked about their plans after school. Things were eventually going to end, and this was many peoples last year. It was heart breaking to think that they would be separate. The future was very unsure at this point, but they all knew that they would keep in touch. Many things were about to change; Blair was torn between staying and leaving. She did not want to leave her friends, but if Brett was here; then things would not be so bad.
 
The night quickly got late; everyone got up to leave, but before they could leave; Brett thanked them again. He was so grateful to all of his family he had found here. They all told Brett that they were just happy he was safe and happy. It was wonderful to have such a group that cared about him; he felt invincible. Blair got underneath the covers and got ready for bed.
 
“Brett… I trust you, but I thought you would want to spend more time with Jaden?” Brett was a little surprised, but he knew how to answer. “Blair my devotion is to you; not to Jaden. I know we are good friends, and he is important, but Jaden will be fine. My priorities are not to him or our wonderful friends. All my priorities are to you; you are my girlfriend, and you are the one I love. I love you, and Jaden is my friend. You will always come first in my mind.”
 
Blair moved up and gave him a quick kiss, and son the two fell asleep in each others arms. Blair rested wonderfully; Brett had vanquished her worries, and she knew everything would be fine. She could easily spend an eternity with him; especially if there love was this strong. Her Exia was the most wonderful thing she had, or ever would…
 
The next morning came to an abrupt start when Brett was woken up by Blair. “Brett come on and get up! I reserved the shower for you so get moving.” Brett sat up and scratched his head; he stretched his arms and yawned before he finally got up. Slowly he got some new clothes and took his sweet time. Blair kept pushing him to get moving; she had reserved the shower for right now, and if he did not get moving then he would miss his chance.
 
He walked down the hall, and friendly greetings came his way from any girls that were nearby. Blair watched from her doorway; Brett offered greetings back, and she knew that things were good. She trusted him; even with other girls, and it was a strong trust. She went back inside her room and lay down on the bed. She patiently waited for Brett to return.
 
The moment Brett returned in a new pair of clothes; Blair handed him his deck, and together they left for the school. They walked together side by side; Blair had her arm locked with Brett, and her head was on his arm resting. Different duelists said hello, and offered their complements to Brett. It was strange to become famous so fast, but many changes had happened since the beginning of the year.
 
Together they arrived at the main gate to see Hasleberry, Chazz, Alexis, Axel, and Syrus were all there to meet them. “So how is the happy couple today?” Axel asked, and Blair looked over and was about to answer; when the sky instantly turned pitch grey. Clouds formed from nothing, and the entire world seemed so much darker.
 
From this new darkness came a powerful aura that spread across the planet. No matter where people where; they could sense the amazing force. It eclipsed anything they had ever felt, and it was coming from close by. Brett immediately took off with Blair right beside him; his friends followed close behind. What ever was here was trying to get Brett's attention.
 
Brett arrived in an open field; the field was silent except for a slight wind, which could chill anyone to their bones. Then; a mysterious person started to walk towards them from a grey haze. Blair focused her eyes, and when she saw who it was; her hand clamped down on Brett's. She was not going to let this person take him away again.
 
“Exia of Light; I have come for you, and you shall comply… you shall be graced by becoming my new knight.” Blair got in front of Brett and held her arms out; blocking Jenova's path to Brett. “Get the hell away from him!” Blair shouted; Jenova could only reply with a small chuckle. This sight was amusing to her eyes, but then everyone else got in front to; protecting the both of them. Axel summoned his blazing Chakrams and got in a ready stance; Jenova could only watch and chuckle.
 
“Brett is coming with me no matter what; this day I will claim the most superior Exia for my self. Brett is far more powerful, and he shall serve as my knight for all eternity. There is no greater honor for him; you should stand clear and allow him this honor.” Blair was not going to let her take him again; her friends parted so she could speak face to face with Jenova.
 
“No you are not taking him; Brett is mine! He wants to stay with me; he is mine and you cannot have him.” Jenova began to laugh maniacally in response to Blair's bravery, and the laughter caused Blair to recoil from fear. “No you should never be with him; a human in love with my perfect creation… It is expected since he is perfect, but you would have only ruin him. He needs to be at my side to prosper; my power is so far beyond anything that you have ever seen that you need to back down. His power may come from the Lifestream, but mine comes from the Negastream; the absolute corrupting force, and that is how he shall become my slave…”
 
Anger was filling Blair's mind; she turned around to Brett and looked into his eyes. “Brett; kick her but!” Then Blair noticed what Brett was doing; he was trembling from fear. “I cannot Blair; she is so much more powerful. I just can't win against her!” Blair was shocked to see him this scarred; never before had anyone seen him this afraid of anything. “I cannot fight her; I just can't. I could never win!”
 
Brett was starting to tremble even more; his fear of Jenova had a death grip on him. All of Brett's friends including Blair turned around; they were not going to let this happen. Together they all shouted; “We will protect him from you then because you mean that much to me.”
 
Jenova started laughing slowly, but then it built up and she was laughing hysterically. “Is that so? You are all going to protect him from me? No you won't; because this does not concern you. My power will poison and destroy his very soul; the Negastream is the absolute corruption, and none of you can save him from me!”
 
A single hand of Jenova's was raised to the sky, and suddenly her and Brett were raised high into the sky. Soon they stopped when they were over a hundred feet above the ground. A field of grey light formed below them; it felt as solid as earth, but was transparent. Jenova wanted to show her power and her cruelty to these insects.
 
Brett was still shaking; due to the incredible fear of Jenova that had gripped his soul. Jenova slowly began to hover in the air above the field; she had no wings, but her shear power kept her elevated. Brett could not do anything; he refused to attack. Jenova was amazed at how easy of a task this was becoming. She fired off a single grey beam from her feminine palm.
 
The blast came right at Brett who summoned his ten wings, and they appeared on his back. They wrapped him in a cocoon just before the blast hit; “the beam impacted on his wings; sending feathers everywhere. The beam faded, and everyone gasped at the sight of Brett's wings melting into grey ooze. Blair was speechless; it was frightening to her, but even worse was how Brett felt.
 
It was unnerving to feel them just melt away like he was losing part of himself. The beam even seamed to take away abilities and weaken Brett. Abilities and forms also seem to just feel completely out of his reach. It was so frightening to feel even his soul disappearing into a strange corrupting abyss that was like nothing he could ever imagine.
 
Jaden sat in his room; he could feel the power but chose to ignore it. Then he felt an evil beyond belief; he quickly rose, and grabbed his duel deck before exiting his room. Brett screamed in pain; the energy melted his wings away into nothing. His very soul felt poisoned, and even worse it felt like he was been destroyed by this energy. He had no choice; he had to run away.
 
Song Jenova
 
Jenova watched this pathetic display from her mighty creature but she could change all that from the soon to be blank slate. “No one shall stand between me and what I desire; no one has that right. But do not worry my Exia; this will hurt her more then you! Brett I swear before the end of this day; that you will be mine again!” Jenova finished talking and whipped her hand around multiple times; each pass of the hand sent a beam of the same energy towards Brett.
 
Brett dodged from side to side; each blast nearly hit Brett. The explosions impacted, and sent thousands of strands of grey energy bursting out. Some passed through Brett; his very soul felt poisoned and corrupted. He felt his very self being destroyed by this poison. He landed on the ground and took off running; never looking back to see if she was attacking.
 
“You are such a coward; you disserve to be erased. I will have you not matter what…” Jenova finished and continued firing more blast of energy at Brett. She never relented, and Brett knew that this rate he would lose, but she was so powerful that he could not stand a chance. Brett bounded from place to place; Jenova flew high above. This was nothing but a game, and she knew this was torture to the spectators.
 
“Brett!” cried all of his friends. This was torture to be unable to help; Blair was desperately trying to find a way to help him. Axel through his weapons in an attempt to break the glass like playing field, but his weapons bounced off harmlessly. No one else had any useful ideas; it was painful, but there was no way to help. Blair shouted for Brett to attack, but the battle continued the same.
 
Brett was still dodging from side to side; his speed was the only thing keeping him alive. The blasts were getting closer and closer each time; Brett panted while trying to find new ways to keep ahead. Brett jumped into the air to avoid the next attack, and Jenova appeared before him. She span and landed her leg into Brett's stomach; the impact sent Brett downwards into the translucent ground.
 
The body of Brett hit the ground and bounced across the fake ground. Brett struggled upwards; Jenova swooped in and kicked him across the ground. He screamed in pain; Jenova laughed out loud. “More! I demand more; you cannot deny me; YOU CANNOT DENY ME!” She continued to swoop in and kick Brett from place to place; teleporting from place to place.
 
Each time the kicks hit they seemed to have massive force, but there was no marks or cuts on his clothes. She finally stopped her assault and flew up into the air. Each attack had been using the same grey energy to poison him. Brett slowly stood up and looked upwards; Jenova was just hovering there. She was gazing down on him, and he showed barely any defiance left in his eyes or will to evade any longer; “Brett this had been so disappointing. I thought I would receive a real fight from you, but I guess all the time amongst the humans made you really weak.”
 
All of Brett's friends begged him to get out of there; Blair cried for him to do anything. Brett could not do anything but stand there; he felt useless and as if being held back. He could not stop this anymore; he knew he had lost and he had given up. “Do not worry you will not feel a thing after this; say good bye to your weaker side as I craft what you were meant to be!” Jenova lifted her hand to the sky above; grey lightning sparked across her arm.
 
Grey energy began to form in her hand; slowly it built into a giant orb of energy. Jenova laughed, and Brett bowed his head in defeat. Blair begged him do anything, but it was too late for him to start fighting. The ball fired a large beam of energy that consumed Brett; the beam broke through the field of light, and swept Brett to the ground below.
 
The beam hit the ground and the impact sent dust and dirt into the air. The grey energy continued to be fired into the ground; Brett was engulfed and consumed by the grey energy. The beam stopped after seconds; the dust clear, and Blair rushed over to the large crater. The rest of his friends cried for Blair to wait, but she was far too concerned; soon the rest of her friends followed her.
 
The crater was five meters in diameter; the young man in the center was barely recognizable, but it was no mistaking the person. Brett lay in the crater; his hair was a bright silver color, and his skin was nearly the same. Blair jumped in and landed right beside him; his eyes were open, but his eyes were no longer brown, but a pure white. Brett looked entirely different, and no matter how much his friends pleaded; he would not budge.
 
Jenova descended from the sky; she landed just outside of the crater. Jenova was enjoying this far too much to just be straight forward. She wanted his friends to suffer; they were all on the outside of the crater, except for Blair who was right beside Brett. “I told you that he would be mine; no one can resist the Negastream. It is the absolute power…”
 
“Let Brett go please; I do not want to lose him! Just give him back; I beg of you!” Blair's pleas fell on death ears. “My dear; he is now my servant, he will only ever love me. The Negastream corrupts and deteriorates a person's soul. It changes the person forever; the person you knew is already gone. Rise my servant…”
 
The words immediately caused Brett to rise up from the ground; Blair was speechless. She got up and tried to communicate to Brett, but got no response. “Stop wasting time you fool; you could never comprehend that he is truly gone. He is mine…” Blair shook her haed violently; she refused and jumped up and wrapped her arms around Brett's neck. “BRETT I LOVE YOU!”
 
The shouting caused Brett's inner power to awaken, and Jenova was forced back by the unbelievable power. A wave of force shot out; along with a blinding crystal blue light that consumed everything. Blair held on tightly to Brett; she was never going to let go. Jaden ran up to the crater just as the light began to fade. Blair continued to hang onto Brett; she backed her head up to see Brett's changed face.
 
Brett immediately dropped to his knees; the pain was immense, and he put his hands to his head trying to stop the pain. His powers were colliding and fighting over control. Brett's physical attributes were changing back and forth; Blair told Brett to fight it, but the pain was so intense that Brett was lost. Brett was lost in pain; he could not hold on through this. Jenova stood there; she was incredibly surprised, but even madder at Blair.
 
“What have you done to my Exia?” Blair looked back at her; she was about to say something when the sky erupted with laughter. “Jenova; it has been a while, but I do not really consider a clone to be what I want to talk to. It is so funny to see you are still a failure after all this time.”
 
A man descended from the sky; he had two mighty and large green wings that sprouted from his back. He was dressed in a black cloak, but is face was exactly like Brett's. “Well what an honor to be visited by the original Brett. The original being that set this all in motion; I have missed you so much.”
 
Váli resented his original name; it was no longer who he was. “That name has no meaning for me Jenova; my name is Váli now. I have changed, and I will end your plans; now where is the real Jenova?” Jenova took flight up into the sky till she was at the same level as Váli. “Váli is it; have you forgotten all about how much we mean to one another. Never mind; I have not failed Váli; he is mine again. Now I have two super powers on my side.”
 
“Ha! You have no idea what you have done Jenova; you are a failure. You underestimated Arniath back then, and now you have underestimated his power. He is being torn apart; your power is conflicting with his, and they are battling over his soul. His power has been greatly reduced, and it will no recover for quite some time. It is even worse though…”
 
“What are you rambling about?” Jenova was furious; it was making sense to her; she could feel her power losing its hold over him. “His soul is half destroyed now; the light will cripple the Negastream and try to repair his soul by locking it away. The Negastream will cripple the Light, and it will assume control. The battle will be endless, and no one will get anything out of it and he will lose in the process.”
 
“The original monster is so wise, but you cannot stop me…” Jenova was firmly confident; she would just continue poisoning him till she had him. “You are wrong; this time you die here Jenova clone!” Váli bolted forward and summoned his sword in the blink of an eye. His sword sliced through where she once was; Jenova had bolted upwards, and disappeared through a portal of her own creation.
 
Teeth grinded together; Váli was not about to lose Jenova's trail again. He bolted upwards and squeezed through the portal just as it closed. Blair shook Brett with all her strength, and suddenly his eyes shot open and his body settled. The power that emanated from Brett caused Blair to fly back out of the crater. She flew into the air and Jaden caught her but she waited a second before struggling out of Jaden's arms. She was set down, and then she saw Brett start to emerge from the crater.
 
His eyes were blood red, and his expression was that of a devious nature. His hair was a mix of waves of brown and silver hair; it was still the same length, but it seemed so unnatural. His skin looked normal, but seemed to still have some pure silver segments. His clothes were dusty, but not torn. Brett continued to walk right by Blair and Jaden, and Blair cried out for Brett to stop but she then recoiled in fear that something bad had happened.
 
Song Bousou
 
The young man paused and turned around; “what do you want from me?” Blair looked on with tearful eyes and all of his friends joined her at her side. “Brett what is wrong; do you not know who we are?” Brett looked on; his next words were about to devastate Blair. “I know all about you, and I want nothing to do with any of you. Stay away from me; if you do not; then I will hurt you. I have no use for any of you…”
 
Blair's heart was beating erratically; “no you are Brett. You have to be; I know you are!” Axel walked up to Blair; “Brett stop playing games and get your head on right!” Brett summoned his sword and held it out to his once group of friends. “I'm not this guy; he is gone forever into the abyss. I will destroy and rule everything I chose to; this power is mine, and I will not give it up. Besides; who could love you?”
 
Blair's heart skipped a beat; Axel tried to grab Brett's arm, but Brett swung his sword. Axel jumped back; Blair could not believe this. “Brett… Why would you saying those things?” Brett's expression was getting madder and madder each time Blair spoke; “shut up. MY GOD YOU ARE WHINNY! You are annoying me and I cannot believe that anyone would want you near them. I want you all to leave me the hell alone; never waste my time again!”
 
Blair's heart was being torn apart; “Brett stop this, you are hurting Blair!” Axel shouted, causing the new Brett to shout back. “Does it look like I care? You are all weaklings; you do not disserve me to answer you. I hate you all for wasting my time. You want your precious guy back; well the fact is he is gone forever. I'm a god; this Brett is dead and I killed him, and now I will take my place as this world's god!”
 
“Brett stop this! Please…” Blair ran over to him; she approached Brett, and Brett used his hand to knock her back. She fell backwards; she got up quickly but had no clue what to do next. “Get the hell away from me runt. I do not love you; to think anyone could is disgusting. You are weak, and pathetic; if you ever come near me again I will kill you! No matter how I do it; I will kill you, you worthless ugly runt…”
 
Blair had never experienced anything this terrible; her heart was broken in two, and she dropped to her hands and knees. She started crying, and Brett laughed; “Look how pathetic you are runt. You are pathetic; you will end up just worthless like humans in the streets. Cry some more! I love watching your pain! It is the only thing that is good about your existence. I would not even keep you as a slave in my rule…”
 
Song Shuunen no Ichigeki
 
Brett spat right in front of her; he took out his deck of cards and threw them in front of Blair. They scattered across the ground, and Brett laughed again; “I would pick those up you worthless dog. Those are the only things left of the person you loved.” Blair was still crying, but she reached out and started to gather them up clumsily. She mindlessly gathered them; she had been crushed by the barrage of cruel acts and could not handle this at all.
 
Brett laughed and kicked dirt in her face; Alexis ran in and blocked his path. “Stop this Brett!” Brett moved to quickly for Alexis to react; he grabbed her by the hair and threw her to the ground. “This is who I am; I told you that your friend is dead. Look at how attached that girl is to him; it is hilarious. She is worthless; like a dog! Maybe that should be what she is known as from now on. Just a worthless b…”
 
Jaden swiped at him; stopping his sentence but Brett dodged and knocked Jaden backwards. “You all are so protective; this game you play; I think I will go defeat some worthless humans before I begin my rule. That would be fun; as for you runt; remember who did this to you…” Brett turned and started to walk away; Blair was crying her hardest she ever had. “This is the important part! Remember that it was I who killed him!”
 
The things that were said to her were too unbearable for heart to take. Brett had stomped all over it, and now her broken heart was too much to bear. She grabbed all of the cards she could and ran away. Jaden was hurt, but he had to go help Blair. Jaden ran off after Blair, while Brett continued to walk towards the school.
 
He held up his PDA and sent a new message to all students; it was a challenge to anyone who wanted to take him on and promised a challenge worth their time. Alexis, Hasleberry, Chazz, and Axel all set their duel disk; they had to help their friends. Jaden had to reach Blair quickly; he knew she needed help and support. Again Jenova had separated them, but this time Brett came back far worse.
 
Brett continued to walk towards the school; his duel disk was now armed with the most frightening creatures ever. This time there would be no playing by the rules; this time he wanted to make people suffer. This new menace in Brett's body still had more then enough strength to rule, or worse enslave.