Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Chaotic Outbreak Endless Ilumination ❯ Light Chapter 12 Blair VS Brett Love ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 12 Blair VS Brett Love's Last Stand
 
Slowly Brett walked towards the dock; he had to get off this island and free of any more annoyances. Ever since the other day after the battle with Jaden; he had become incredibly weak and there was no reason for it. He had hid himself away in the abandoned dorm; no matter how he tried he could no figure out the reason why. However it did not matter anymore; he was going to leave the island and begin his dominion. His faith was still that his powers would grow forever.
 
Brett walked over the last hill; the grey clouded over sky set the tone for what he saw. Everyone of his old friends were standing on the dock; their expressions told Brett that they were not going to allow him to leave. Brett just continued to walk onto the docks; his old friends were still blocking his path. Brett was only getting angrier; they all ordered him to stop. They told him that there was no way he was going to leave.
 
“The fires of my old self have been extinguished forever; there is no chance of him ever returning. The point is that there is nothing left for you to fight for; he is gone, so let me leave. I'm tired of all of you getting in my way, and I will not stand for this much longer.”
 
No one budged an inch; this was making Brett extremely angry. “I have already beaten all of you; I told you that I will kill all of you if I must. You are the reasons for his soul being extinguished, but if I must fight and kill you then so be it. Do not think I will hesitate, but I do have no original desire to kill slaves.”
 
“Stop…! You're fight is not with them; it is with me…” Brett whipped around to see Blair standing with her blue duel disk ready for a duel. “I will bring my Brett back, and I will do it with his old deck. I should have been the one to originally do this, but I was to hurt because I saw Brett saying those things. But you are not him, and I will get him back no matter how hard it is.”
 
“What chance do you stand against me? Do you really believe that much that you can win..?” Blair did not wait a moment after the question and shouted back; “I will! I Love him too much to lose, I know if I was in that position that he would not stop until was safe. There is no way I can't except that he is gone. I cannot bare to be without him; he is that important to me. You could never understand; when I win, you will disappear, and give the old Brett back to me!”
 
Brett looked down upon her; his duel disk set, he could kill to birds with one stone. “Fine, but when I win; you will lose the last things you have of him. You will never love anyone again; and that deck will burn away for all eternity! Plus I get to leave the island with no obstacles…” Blair agreed before her friends could protest; Blair was determine, and she would win.
 
“Very well runt; I shall start this duel; get ready to lose it all.” Brett drew his sixth card and started with Card Destruction. All of his cards went to the grave and he drew the same number he discarded, and Blair did the same. “Ready to see my ultimate move? I play my three Pot of Greed cards; next with all these cards I play three Monster Reborn cards, and two Premature Burial cards.”
 
Before Blair could gasp; five new monsters appeared. Obelisk The Tormentor; Slifar The Sky Dragon; Raviel The Phantasm Lord; Uria The Searing Flame; and lastly Hamon The striking Thunder. “I have saved the best for you runt…” Obelisk grabbed Uria and Hamon, and its power raised to infinite levels.
 
“Now I sacrifice the three remaining creatures for the most powerful of these so called gods! RA COME FORTH AND BRING ME VICTORY IN THIS FIGHT!” The three remaining creatures disappeared, and in there place was now a giant golden dragon. “This duel is over next turn.” All of their friends watched; Ra kept Obelisk's infinite power level's, and Jaden knew this was wrong; even the cards were now being manipulated along with the game's rules. “This is not right; you are just bending the rules! Fight us on equal terms or do not even bother!”
 
Brett chose to ignore him; rules were no longer his concern, so long as victory was his. “Brett I told you that I would bring you back. I know there is no way you could beat Brett, and I know that I can bring him back … it is because we both love one another.”
 
Brett interrupted her speech; he could not take this dribble another single second. “SHUT UP WITH THAT CRAP! You wanted to duel so duel; that stuff is making me beyond angry! I don't care about that stuff; just in becoming what I should be.”
 
A smile cracked on Blair's face even though the evil person in Brett's body had shaken her a little; she then drew her card. She played a trap card before moving to the main portion of her plan. “I activate Double Summon card, and I summon Red Eyes Black Chick and Eria the water charmer in attack mode. Next I use my little dragon's effect to bring out your Red Eyes Black Dragon. There is no way you can attack these because Brett would never allow it; please wake up and stop this thing Brett.”
 
No one knew why Blair was doing this; she ended her turn and Brett drew a card and spoke up. “You are wrong; they mean nothing to me and I will show you right now.” Brett considered the trap card, but then he felt a surge of confidence that there was no way he could lose. Something told him that it was a bluff; “Runt; I have truly had enough. Prepare to experience infinite power; with any luck you will die from it and never bother me again.”
 
Ra fired its attack and Blair, and she when she looked up she was smiling. “I knew Brett was still alive in there; he is the only reason you would fall for it. Magic Cylinder… Activate, and I'm sorry for this Brett I don't want to hurt you, but I won't lose you either…” The trap activated, and was redirected to Brett; nothing he could do could stop this; the attack approached and hit him with the full force.
 
The duel was over in an instant after; all of her friends were stunned that Blair had won fairly easily. The smoke cleared, and Brett was still standing there; the same as before the attack of RA. His red eyes were immediately seen by Blair the same blood red, and she suddenly recoiled from what this could mean. “What is going on? I was promised the original Brett; stop fooling around and give him back to me now!”
 
“I told you all the same thing every time; the only thing left are your memories and that deck! You want proof? I'm still here…”
 
The truth broke Blair's spirit and she dropped to her hands and knees; her hand was raised and slammed into the concrete dock bellow regardless of how much it hurt at first. She quickly stopped from the pain, and her tears started to fall between sobs. This time the truth of Brett being gone was enough to break her for good.“I cannot take this anymore! Let me come with you; if you are all that is left of Brett; then I want to be with you.”
 
Brett contemplated the proposal, but it was less desirable to him and more of a burden. “I'm not attracted to you in the slightest; you are aggravating and a pest. I cannot be burdened by you, and I won't share what I gain…”
 
Blair stopped crying; her friends could not believe what she was saying. “You can change me to what ever you want me to be. Change my mind, my body, my soul to what ever you desire. I pledge my self to you forever; just let me stay by your side forever…” Brett suddenly changed his mind; this was looking to be promising. “Very well; come over here and pledge your self to your new master for all eternity. How pathetic to see you give up after all your blabber…”
 
Blair's expression changed immediately; she was now smiling and ran over to his side. She wrapped her arms around his waist and breathed in his scent; it was so wonderful to be back at his side. “I pledge my self to you master Brett; do with me what you want.”
 
“Blair stop this; this is wrong; you will be corrupted as well!” Jaden finished yelling and Blair quickly worked up the courage to speak her mind. “I love Brett more then anything; if this is what I have to do to be with him then so be it. You could not have imagined the pain of not being with him; you just can't…”
 
Everyone could not say anything after that; Blair had been through a lot. Blair's head rested on his chest. Brett began to lead her toward the boat; once again they were together. Alexis jumped into their path; “There is no way either of you are going to leave like this. I will not let this continue Brett; Blair disserves the real you after all this… more then that I won't allow you to hurt anyone else.”
 
“I do not know about the last part, but I fully agree with the weak human. Brett you are not leaving this island like that.” The voice came from no where; suddenly a human sized machine came down from the sky. Brett knew who it was; he pushed Blair into Alexis who caught her. “Why in the hell are you here Fayt, and why are you in you tech form?”
 
“This is my form from now on; I only care about power, and also stirring up things to my benefit. I sensed Jenova's power, and here I find you, and you seem a little different. Now I'm going to take that power away from you before you destroy it anymore; you were not made for it like I was, and there is no way you should have what I asked for.” Brett looked at Fayt with disgust; he summoned two wings and flew up to his level. “What do you mean Fayt, why would I destroy something so liberating?”
 
“What do I mean; your power of healing and light is corrupting the Negastream. Soon it will be destroyed and gone, and your powers of Light will be destroyed too which is just a super waste. Enough of this though; I'm taking it back even if it is over your dead body!” Fayt used his thrusters to move forward and he tried to grab Brett, but Brett evaded. Brett was finding out just how weak he had become; everything including summoning two wings felt nearly impossible.
 
“I will never give my power to you Fayt!” Brett finished and evaded again; this time up into the air. The wings flying power was so much weaker, and he turned to look at the scrawny mostly destroyed wings. Fayt followed; his attacks only steered Brett in the directions Fayt wanted. Brett could not beat him; he had to evade till he thought of a plan. Blair stood there amazed; she looked up to Alexis who was smiling, and her eyes were filled with hope. “Does this mean that…?”
 
Alexis smiled and nodded; Blair tried to apologize for doing what she did, but Alexis silenced her with a little squeeze to Blair's left shoulder. Blair was happy with the promise of things were going to get back to normal. Axel was not so happy though; “excuse me but Brett is still in danger. We have to save him; then we will deal with this other stuff later.”
 
Axel readied his Chakrams to be thrown; he aimed till he heard another familiar voice. Axel dodged out of the way of two key shaped blades; the blades missed Axel and Brett's friends looked over to see a new man cloaked in black. “Axel I told you next time we met we would be enemies. Axel you are going down today!”
 
“Roxas stop this; I have to help Brett. “ Axel landed and was met with another twin swipe; each keyblade met with a chakram. “Please Axel you are now a traitor; I hope this Brett is worth it. You are no longer my friend; you are my enemy; so die already!” The two broke the stalemate before continuing to slash at the other. Both could not get past the others power; their power was evenly matched, but Axel kept trying to end this so he could help Brett.
 
Fayt continued to pursue him; he fired his laser rifle to steer Brett in what ever way he felt was best. Brett's strength was non existent compared, and he could no longer run. Fayt gave a mighty thrust and snagged Brett face with his metallic palm. Fayt was leaving no chance; his grip tightened around Brett's head and soon he stopped struggling. The grey energy was being ripped from his body.
 
“What is going to happen to Brett? What about the real one I love, or this fake Brett?” Blair questioned with great concern in her voice. “Like I care? Once I take the energy this fake Brett will disappear; but I could care less really. The only thing I care about is that I finally get what I want…”
 
Axel heard this and summoned a great deal of his power; a burst of flame sent his attacker. The attacker was badly burned, and retreated into a portal of dark energy. Fayt had finished extracting the power; Brett hung in the air lifelessly. “Here take this lifeless doll and be happy I was merciful. You better pray he can find the way back; that other thing is gone; my way of riding one less thing like me because there will only ever be one like me.”
 
The lifeless Brett dropped down into the ocean; Blair and Alexis both dived into the water. Everyone was hoping that they could save him; seconds later Alexis came up to the surface alone and empty handed. Time continued to pass; Fayt was still adjusting, but that did not matter to anyone. It was a good show to watch while Fayt adjusted to his new found change.
 
Half a minute passed; the bubbles stopped coming to the surface, and everyone else felt their hearts skip a beat. Suddenly Blair burst through the surface of the water with Brett. She swam over with Alexis and Brett over to the dock. Blair got out and pulled Brett out by herself; Alexis got out and all three were drenched from head to toe, but more important they were safe. They looked over to see Brett looking exactly like normal; they breathed a sigh of relief at the fact it was over for now.
 
“This is it, but Jenova you still owe me more…” Fayt disappeared into the air with no portals, but it was not important to any of Brett's friends. Blair got up and lifted Brett with her. She had no trouble lifting Brett which was a little surprising. Alexis walked over to Blair and put her hand on Brett's head; “he has a pulse. Let's get him back to your room; we can all dry off there.”
 
They all left immediately for the Blue girls' dorm; they hurried, and when they arrived they were all let in. They set him down on the bed; Blair and Alexis grabbed some new clothes and left for the shower. Blair was a little nervous about leaving him again, but she knew he would be fine. Axel stopped Blair though because he just had to ask a question. “Blair how exactly did you carry him back here by your self?”
 
Blair was a little surprised but the answer was easy; “Brett weighs almost nothing for some reason. He is super light…” Axel rushed over and tried to lift him up; he was shocked to find Blair was right. He weighed nothing to him; Jasmine disappeared for a second and brought back a scale. They set Brett's lifeless body down on it; the scale only read a total of 35 pounds. They were all shocked, but it mattered little and they needed to get him out of those wet clothes.
 
The girls left into the hall so that the guys could get Brett changed. Blair paused for a moment; she felt she had to ask Alexis something. “Alexis… Do you think that Brett will be alright?” Alexis stopped and turned around; “Blair I know the last two days has been hard on you, but he will be fine. That other person said he will come back eventually, and I know he will come back for you. Stop worrying; we will all pretend like this never happened… ok?”
 
Blair nodded and slowly walked of to the other shower, and she made sure it was a quick one. Afterwards everyone left Blair and Brett alone; Alexis brought her food, and together they ate and made sure Brett had some too even though it was a challenge in it self. Alexis left after super; Blair just lay down with Brett for hours till she fell asleep. Alexis was right; Brett would find his way back. Sleeping beside him felt so good; she was so tired that she fell asleep early, and quickly she was in a deep sleep.
 
It was nearly midnight; the two slept side by side; the wall with the window turned into shadows while two individuals stepped out from it. “The last two; all the other individuals have had their minds cleared of him.” The male individual finished speaking in time for the female to begin speaking. “We must complete the mission; almost all minds have been gathered; these are the last two.”
 
The male stood over Brett while the Female stood over Blair; they lifted a single hand over their heads while their other hand touched a single blue orb. Waves came out of both Brett and Blair's heads. “The female target is resisting; these must be important. I shall replace them with who she should be after… Jaden.” The male nodded in response; soon they both finished, and pocketed the blue orb.
 
“His mind is gone from his body; he will pose no further problems. We should take him and his stuff, and that will be the end of this.” The male finished speaking, and a dark presence formed around the room. “Teleportation abilities are not working; we must make for the rendezvous point on foot.” They nodded and grabbed Brett and all of his stuff; together they left the dorm with no problems.
 
They walked at a quickened pace; Brett's stuff was slowing them down, and putting them at risk. The female dropped his stuff, and the male stopped; “we cannot leave any trace of his existence; we have to get rid of that as well.” The female ran up beside him; “it is slowing us down. Even if someone finds it will not make any difference.” The male shook his head; “we do not have that luxury; Aura appointed us with this task, and if we fail I need not remind you what will happen.”
 
They both stopped arguing when the dark presence returned. Up from in front of them; directly in front of them rose a figure with black hair. “I must commend both of you on doing the hard part for me. To impress Nero the Sable takes great skill; so I commend you on that as well, but I'm afraid that he is mine. I'm afraid I cannot take no for an answer, my brother will be very pleased to see this. Now that he is a lifeless doll; he will be so much easier to be used to help our cause.”
 
The female panicked from the sight of Nero; “this is not good he is like nothing I have ever seen. What should we do?” The male kept his composure; letting this thing get Brett was the worst outcome, and needed to be prevented. “If the Erasers cannot have him; then we will make it impossible for him.”
 
The male took out a smaller blue orb then the one he put Brett's mind in. It was placed on Brett's forehead, and slowly it dissolved into his head. The female pulled out a grenade and threw it at Nero's feet. The grenade bounced once before Nero used his dark abilities to teleport it back to the Erasers feet. The male turned and threw Brett away just before the grenade went off.
 
The force sent Brett and the Erasers flying back into the forest; both the Erasers landed, and their bodies were critically wounded. Brett had been carried off by the shear force deep into the woods. Nero approached the two soon to be dead Erasers looking at them like help less vermin. The male disappeared into waves of light; he approached the female to finish the job.
 
His head slowly rotated while still looking at her; the female was not moving and Nero let out a laugh in content. The female flipped over holding a gun that was pointed at Nero; “go to hell; I don't fear death so long as I obey my masters command.” She fired off multiple shots into Nero; she fired a total of eight shots into Nero before she disappeared into waves of light.
 
Nero collapsed to his knees; he wanted to go find Brett, but his body was to badly injured. He retreated into the darkness back to his base of operations. This was a humiliation that would not be soon forgotten. Brett lay in the woods; unharmed, but unconscious…