Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Street Fighter Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Yugi: Street Fighter?! ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yugi- Street Fighter?!

By: DJ Rodriguez

(Author's Notes: Hi, everyone! DJ here, and I must say, I'm surprised by the reviews that came in for my story here!

Yugi: Also, DJ has decided to go with multiple pairings on this one. So, if any of you out there wish for me to be paired up with a female Street Fighter, tell us who and why.

Darien: DJ's got a lot to do, but for all of you out there who liked that story, never fear. He has posted it up at the site, so just go to his profile page and click on the link there.

Now, on with the fanfic!)

Chapter 2

Moaning, Yugi slowly stirred from his slumber.

'Ahhh. What happened?', he asked himself mentally.

He slowly sat up, still a bit weak from last night. He opened his eyes, and saw that he was in a strange room of some sort. He was covered in a thick, comfy blanket and on a plush couch.

"Wha-? How did I-?", he started to say when it hit him.

His memories came flooding back in; the duel, Yami's victory, the Millennium Items integrating with him, his abandonment, and his near death on the blimp.

"But, who saved me?", he asked himself.

A voice answered, "I did.".

Yugi turned around quickly and saw three strangers watching over him, two women and one man. He was a bit uncomfortable with these three watching over him, especially since he didn't know them.

The young woman beside the man said soothingly, "Its alright. We won't hurt you.".

Yugi relaxed at the sound of her voice. Then he said, "Thanks for saving me.".

The man nodded his head and replied, "No problem.".

The young teenage girl asked, "Who are you?".

Yugi answered, "My name is Yugi Moto. Who are you?".

The teenage girl replied, "I'm Sakura Kasugano. The man who saved you is Ryu Hoshi, and that's his girlfriend, Chun-Li Xang.".

She pointed to Ryu and Chun-Li when she said their names. Yugi bowed to them, thanking them once again. Then, he was lost in thought, and his violet eyes suddenly widened.

"Y-You are THE Ryu Hoshi, the winner of many Street Fighter tournaments?!", he exclaimed.

Ryu smiled and nodded his head. He replied, "Yes, I am. I see you heard of me.".

Yugi nodded his head big time. Little did Yami or anyone else know, but Yugi was a big fan of Street Fighters! He had kept track on the tournaments, the fighters, and the events.

Yugi looked at Chun-Li and asked, "And, are you THE Chun-Li, 'The Strongest Woman in the World'?!".

Chun-Li blushed a bit in embarrassment, knowing that she used to boast about that. "Yes, I am. Are you a Street Fighter fanatic?", she asked with a teasing grin.

He grinned goofily and answered, "You might say that. I am a big fan of Street Fighting.".

Sakura then bounded up to him and asked, "Well, do you know me then?!".

Yugi thought for a moment, then it hit him. "You're the girl that imitated Ryu's fighting technique, in hopes of becoming his student!", he answered.

Sakura nodded, happy to be finally recognized by someone as an actual fighter rather then a schoolgirl. Then, her eyes widened as something hit her.

"Yugi Moto? Aren't you the one who won the Duelist Kingdom tournament hosted by Maximillion Pegasus?", she asked.

Yugi's face darkened a little, then he answered, "No. That was my friend, Yami.".

The three saw this, and knew that they struck a nerve somehow. After a few moments of silence, Ryu cleared his throat and asked, "What happened last night? When I found you, you were barely alive.".

Yugi's face now showed hurt, sadness, and anger at the same time. He looked at Ryu, and the fighter saw some tears threating to come out. "Well, Mr. Hoshi, it was like this…", he started to say. Within the next few hours, Yugi told them everything.

Needless to say, they were speechless.

"Wow, Yugi. It looks like you have had quite an adventure.", Chun-Li said softly.

That was a massive understatement! They had just heard him solving the Milliunim Puzzle, gaining Yami as a guardian, his duels with Seto Kaiba and many others, his entry into the Battle City Tournament, and now on when and why he was abandoned and left to die. Ryu saw that this struck the young boy deeply, Yugi's face trying so hard to hold back the tears.

"I have indeed, Miss Xang. Now, its over.", he told her brokenly.

They all felt sorry for Yugi.

'Now that this Yami's destiny is complete, what else is there for Yugi?', Sakura asked herself.

Just then, Ryu stood up from his seating position and stared at Yugi. Yugi looked from the floor, and saw the intense gaze of the legendary warrior aimed right at him.

"What is it, Mr. Hoshi?", he asked him timidly. If he done anything to upset Ryu, Yugi knew that the fighter could break him in two without any difficulty. So, he had a good amount of fear towards him. Ryu closed his eyes, and then concentrated. He felt waves of powerful energy, and it was coming from Yugi!

'Wow! This kid here as a lot of untapped potential! I never felt such power before!', he told himself mentally.

In a few moments, Ryu came back to reality. He opened his eyes, and saw that everyone was giving him a quizzical look. He sighed and turned his attention towards Yugi.

"Yugi, I have something important to ask you. I suggest you take it seriously.", he told him.

Yugi stood up and nodded his head, his eyes on the ground. 'I bet he wants me to leave.', he thought.

Ryu's face turned serious and he asked, "Yugi, would you like to join Sakura and become one of my students?".

Now, this got everyone's attention good! Yugi quickly snapped his head up to look at Ryu's face, and saw the seriousness burning in his blue eyes!

"What?!", was everyone's response.

Chun-Li looked at her boyfriend and exclaimed, "You're not serious, are you?!".

Sakura added, "I know! Yugi's too little, and he might get hurt!".

Ryu lifted up his hand to silence them, which they eventually did. He looked at Yugi and said, "Yugi, I know it's a bit hard to believe, but I sense that you have much untapped potential within you. So much, that even I can't believe it.".

Yugi listened intently on this one.

Ryu continued, "If you agree to be my student, you must understand something. The training will be extremely long and hard, and you must be 100% dedicated to this training. If not, then it is wasting my time.".

He gazed at the young man and asked, "So, do you accept or not?".

Yugi was in awe at this. 'Ryu, the legendary and powerful warrior, wants me to become his student?!', he started to think.

He now started to debate on wither he wanted to train or not under the Shokotan master. 'What else is there to do?! Yami did fulfill his destiny, and then he and your friends left you! So, basically, you have no home or life to go to anymore!', his conciseness told him.

Yugi sighed, knowing that it was right. He snapped back to reality, and saw the three looking at him. Gaining the courage to do what he knew had to be done, he looked directly into Ryu's eyes and said, "I accept.".

He then added, "I will do whatever you say, Sensei, without question.".

He then bowed deeply at Ryu, who had a smile on his face. Chun-Li and Sakura, however, had a look of shock and surprise on theirs.

"I know you will become an excellent student, Yugi. And perhaps… an even greater warrior.", Ryu told the young man.

"But, we'll start training tomorrow. I think we got some other issues to deal with.", Ryu said.

Yugi looked up at him and asked, "What is it?".

Ryu's stern look quickly transformed to that of a smile! Yugi, as well as the girls, were puzzled by this quick change.

"First, we need to get you some new clothes.", he said good-naturedly.

Yugi was wondering on what he meant, until he saw that he was still in his clothes the night he passed out. They clung to his skin, and it felt cold and clammy on him. Also, he looked behind him to the couch. It too, along with blanket, were soaked by it. He blushed in embarrassment at this.

"Hehehe. Sorry about that.", Yugi said meekly while giving off a goofy grin.

Sakura and Chun-Li giggled at this, then Sakura took up the blanket. "No problem. I'll just wash this and let it dry off outside.", she told him.

Before she left, she gave him a cute wink. Yugi's face blushed like a cherry and he felt a little hot under the collar. Chun-Li said, "I guess I need to go shopping for some new clothes.".

She went upstairs, and came down in ten minutes. She was wearing a white t-shirt with some light blue jeans. "I'll be back in a few hours, okay?", she told her boyfriend.

He nodded, and the two shared a sweet kiss. Yugi smiled at them, seeing that they were indeed a happy couple. Chun-Li gave Yugi a quick kiss on the cheek, and she left the house. Yugi's whole body was red like an apple! Ryu chuckled, then motioned Yugi to follow him upstairs.

"I have some old clothes that I think might fit you. You can wear them until your old clothes are washed and then dried off.", he told them.

Yugi thanked him immensely, and soon he and his new mentor were in his room. It was quaint and cozy, all that suited for Ryu. Ryu went to his closet, opened it up, and started to go through some clothes. In a few moments, he pulled out his old training clothes when he was little. It looked exactly like the training/fighting gi that Ryu always wore! Yugi slowly took the clothing, examining it and seeing that it would fit him quite nice.

"Go on. Take a quick, hot shower, then try them on.", Ryu urged with a smile.

Yugi bowed again, thanking him and looking/acting like a kid who just got his very first present! Ryu pointed to a went a nearby bathroom, and Yugi dashed to it! Soon, wet clothes fell with a splat on the ground and water could be heard from the room. In ten minutes, it turned off. Yugi emerged from the bathroom, looking as good as new. He looked like a miniature-Ryu with the old training clothes on! Ryu smiled, seeing that Yugi would be fine for today.

"You look good. Come on, let's get some breakfast.", he told him warmly.

Yugi nodded, feeling very hungry at the moment. Together with his new Sensei, they walked down the stairs and towards the kitchen.

~Meanwhile, back in Domino City~

It was about 10:15 a.m. when the rain stopped and the sun was shining out. People were all over the city, talking about on how great the Battle City tournament was. However, there was a group of people that did not share in the excitement. They were at the local Arcade, sitting at a table and looking forlorn and depressed.

They were Yami, Tea, Joey, Mai, Duke, Serenity, Seto, Mokuba, and Tristen. They had not slept a wink last night, all of them having guilty nightmares about Yugi and leaving him behind. Yami slammed his fist on the table, his emotions getting to him.

"What kind of a guardian am I, to leave Yugi like that?!", he asked himself.

Tea put a comforting hand on his shoulder, and he looked at her.

"We didn't know Yami. We just… didn't know.", she said brokenly.

The strain of this had gotten to her, and she was trying so hard to contain her tears.

Joey's head hung in shame as he said, "What kind of friends are we, to leave him to his death?".

Mai tried to comfort her friend, but it was no use. The guilt hung all around them, like an impenetrable fog, thick and heavy.

Seto said in a monotone voice, "Well, moping here isn't going to bring Yugi back. I think… we should at least do what he would have wanted us to do.".

They all looked at the CEO in a bit of shock. He suggested, "We go on with our lives, making the best of it. He would have wanted to have it this way.". They all bowed their heads, thinking on Seto's words.

"Yes. I… think you maybe right.", Yami said in a broken voice.

Mai added, "Me too. I mean… Yugi did die to save us, and to live a happy life. I don't think we should waste it.".

They were talking slowly, them still choked up on Yugi's 'death'. Slowly, one by one, they all agreed on this.

"Okay. From now on, we go on with our lives. We'll… never forget Yugi, but bury him in the past.", Seto declared.

Nodding their heads, they started to look towards a new future. Now that the items were gone and the Egyptian God cards in their rightful owner's hands, a normal life awaited them. Slowly, they left the Arcade. Tea went with Yami, knowing that he would need a lot of company and comfort. After all, both of them had been the closest to Yugi, and his 'death' struck them the hardest.

"Thanks, Tea.", Yami whispered gratefully.

Tea smiled and replied, "No problem.".

They both went back to the Game Shop, very much worrying on what to tell Yugi's grandfather.

'He's going to be heartbroken when he finds out his grandson is… dead.', both thought at the same time.

(Author's Notes: Well, how was this? In the future, many other Street Fighters will come into the scene and all of them will train Yugi! That's right! Yugi is going to learn ALL of the Street Fighters' skills! As well as develop his own techniques.

Yugi: Wow!! I'm going to get such a workout! I mean, I'm going to learn all of their moves and techniques?!

Darien: That's right! You, my friend, are going to unlock your full potential and power!

DJ: Yeah! Heaven knows you got a lot of untapped potential inside of you! Ain't that right, everybody?

Darien: So, who would you like to be paired up with Yugi once more? Girls only, for DJ despises Yaoi and shouen-ai type fanfics.

R&R, no flames, and enjoy!)