Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Conflicting Emotions ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author: Anime-Blade
Rate: PG13
Pairing: Prideshipping- Seto x Yami no Yuugi
Disclaimer: I don't own anything except the plot, what ever that may be.
Status: 7/10
“Talking”
`Thought's' in normal POV
Flash Back/ Emphasis
Hikari to Yami
Yami to Hikari
 
------------ ---------------------- ------------------------- ---------------
Chapter Seven:
 
Wednesday Afternoon
 
 
Yami turned in surprise, eyes glancing over to his bedroom door as it was flung open. Tilting his head to the side slightly, he fought back the grin that wanted to cross his lips at the sight of the pissed off brunette. “Have fun at school?” He asked innocently, receiving a cold glare from the other. Yami was still bedridden for the time, so luckily he didn't have to attend classes, unlike the teen that was now lying on the bed- looking as if he may have passed out.
“Your little `friends' care too much…” Seto muttered irritably, turning his head slightly to look towards the grinning boy trying to fight back a fit of laughter. “Oh? I would have never thought…” The brunette growled in annoyance, “Those empty-headed morons don't know when to shut up! I didn't even think they were able to process the fact that you weren't there in order to form a coherent question…” This earned him a playful kick to the side, since Yami had scooted down some in order to do so.
A grin suddenly crept onto Seto's lips as he grabbed the other's ankle's, pulling him down from resting against the pillows. The former pharaoh gave an undignified `eep' as this was done, smiling at the other. Seto shifted before moving up to lay next the him, turned slightly onto his side. “You're going back to school tomorrow; you probably should have gone today already.” Yami pouted before moving closer to the other and nuzzling his chest- he'd been doing that a lot lately… “I'm far too sick still.” He murmured childishly, peeking up at the other who was giving him an amused smirk.
“Sou ka?” He murmured, raising a brow slightly at the teen resting against his chest. “I'm not so sure about that…” The once spirit stuck out his tongue, silently disagreeing with the brunette. Seto only rolled his eyes at him, before mumbling something about childish Pharaoh's, which in turn earned him a light punch to the chest and a playful scowl.
“See, you're perfectly fine for school.” Seto stated while a light smirk tugged at his lips as he watched the other glare at him lightly before pouting cutely, and all the while muttering to himself about annoying priests.
Seto only laughed.
-- -- --
 
Thursday Evening
 
“Ne, Seto, we should go out somewhere…”
Yami was stretched out on his bed, supposedly doing the work he had missed during the week. Worksheets, textbooks and random sheets of paper were scattered around him, much like how it usually was for the brunette leaning back against the headboard, laptop sitting in front of him as he typed. “Why exactly would we want to do that?” Sure, they had gone out before, albeit reluctantly on his part- Yami was always the one who wanted to go somewhere and simply dragged Seto along. For the most part, the other usually suggested going out if they were bored and the brunette wasn't in the mood to do any work. Of course, Yami could get him away from his work if he mentioned Mokuba wanting to go somewhere- the both of them could get anything out of the teen.
“Why? Because I've been bed-ridden the past few days and need to do something that isn't resting or boring myself with math equations.” He stated simply, crimson eyes glancing over at the other. “It's not as if you have a load of work to complete for Kaiba Corp. or anything…”
“No, but you have a ton of school work to catch up on since you refused to do it during the week, while the rest of us were attending classes, as you should have been.” Out of the corner of his eyes he caught the other pouting at his answer before looking back down at the papers lying on the blankets. “You're no fun at all…” Seto felt like rolling his eyes in reply, but was still more focused on the computer screen in front of him.
Yami fell silent for a moment before he spoke again, “If I finish everything, then can we go out somewhere?” He suggested, feeling much like Mokuba at the moment when he asked the other for something. Yami tilted his head to the side slightly, glancing over at the other again as his gaze questioned him. His childish, pleading look didn't falter even as the brunette regarded him, though it was possibly encouraged.
A sigh slipped past Seto's lips as he finally gave in, “Fine… Once you're caught up I'll take you somewhere, fair enough?” He was answered with a grin and the other nodding his head rapidly- the faint question of asking Yami if he'd gotten into the pocky was close to falling from his tongue… Seto chuckled lightly, smiling slightly himself, “That's fine with you it seems.” Soft laughter reached his ears as he finally turned back to his laptop, shaking his head at the other's antics.
 
---- ----- ---- --- --- --- ------- -------- ------- ------ -----
 
Review Responses
 
Pysche- Saa… It's a crappy short update, but at least it IS one, ne? And I get to say it again! Herzlichen Glueckwunsch zum Geburtstag Pysche!! xDDD
Maris- Even I'm getting impatient with these two! Lol. No need to worry though, next chapter will actually contain something.
Shizuka-Yuki- Cute and fluffy-ness… Something that confuses me as to why I'm able to write it. Oo;
Freedom Of Darkness- Trying to keep it going… My original idea for this story was so entirely different Oo; I'm wondering where this went wrong… or maybe the lack of writing it for two years and then actually deciding to do something with it kinda changed everything… Alright, I'm rambling now…
dragon goddess04- w00t, dragons! xDD
darklady919- Cool idea? Me have an idea? …Is that even possible? O.o;
Evilmiko21- Next chapter, or the one after. It depends on how I write it and all Oo;
Hell's Sorrow- S'okay, I think I was mainly annoyed by someone else's review one my other fanfict... So I kinda lost it o.o;;
darleneartist@msn.com- Oh, the power of crushes between friend… Hehe. One wants to stay because of it, the other allows it because of the same reason… It's all good, lol.
Wintersslayer- Yesh, cuddling is good, lol. The angst writer can some how manage it Oo;;
ToLazyToSignIn- `Update' and `soon' don't comprehend a meaning in my mind, lol.