Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Double Identity ❯ Initiation ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(Meira: *jumping around happily*

Yami: *sighs* Every time she does this it means more torture… *turns to Meira* What happened this time?

Meira: One of my favorite authoresses is finally going to update my favorite story of all time!

Yami: And that would be-?

Meira: Not going to tell you the name… you'll have to find that out for yourself! It's about your life though… but she has to finish two other FanFics first… that should only take about… half a year. *sniffles*

Yami: *prancing around happily* THERE'S A STORY ABOUT MY LIFE FOR ONCE!!!

Meira: There are lots of stories about your life… but I think we should go back to this story. *clears throat*

Yami: Meira doesn't own Yu-Gi-Oh, Kai Hiwatari, Saéka or Riruka.

Meira: And…?

Yami: *sigh* To clear up some confusion [mainly with Meira's sister… why is she writing Daughter of the Nile for a person with the codename MathWhiz100? Pathetic…] GLTB will not be appearing in the Authoress Notes for this story… Meira just wants to keep her waiting for the next chapter… how cruel and evil to friends are you?

Meira: It's just simpler if GLTB doesn't read the chapters until I write them, because I'm sick of handwriting chapters out… so as soon as I get AIM, it'll be easier. Then I can email her the chapters! Much, much easier.

Yami: *anime fall*

Meira: Chapter 11 had some trouble getting online here, only a few lines showed up. So I set up an account at Freewebs.com to post up the chapter there. It's harder on the readers, but at least they'll get to read Chapter 11.

Yami: *anime fall* GLTB was sorta mad that you left a cliffy though...

Meira: She didn't say. All that was in her email was CLIFFIE!!! How could you? Lolz… hehez… update soon!

Yami: That means she's mad…

Meira: Really?

Yami: *anime fall* But you'd better come up with a long chapter to make up for these long Authoress notes… especially since I wanna know who she saw! You left me hanging… not to mention your beta reader.

Meira: Beta…? I'm going to go find out what that means… *runs off to find dictionary*

Yami: *anime fall* For once I know something that Meira doesn't…

IMPORTANT!

Mind link: Yugi to Yami - < >

Yami to Yugi - << >>)

~~Saéka's POV~~

I looked at the person, shocked. What the-? I didn't expect to see him here… out of everybody.

"Ryou?" I squeaked. But something was telling me that this wasn't Ryou… this was a dark presence, not at all like the Ryou that I knew.

"I'm not Ryou!" he snapped, looking annoyed. "My name is Bakura!"

Bakura… where had I heard that name before? I was sure that I had heard it somewhere… where I just didn't remember.

"I see my name has triggered something in your memory," Bakura sneered.

"What do you want?" I asked, trying to stand up to him, despite the fear creeping up inside of me. Bakura laughed.

"You think I'm as naive as my hikari?" Bakura laughed. "He doesn't have a clue what I'm doing… and neither do you. I can sense your fear, don't try to hide it."

"I'm not scared!" I fibbed, trying to get him to believe me. This... Bakura was fairly strange… what did he mean? What was he doing?

"You don't have to lie!" Bakura laughed again. "Right, Priestess?"

I stared at him, dumbfounded. What did he mean, Priestess? I wasn't a priestess… I was just a normal person… Well, a normal person that had a load of stuff happen to her…

"You don't recall?" Bakura asked, smirking. "I suppose that five thousand years has eroded your memory."

"I never existed five thousand years ago!" I yelled at him. "I've only existed for sixteen years!"

"Priestess," Bakura continued. "Or so you would think. There are many things that you don't understand. Just like you never understood why I chose to become a Tomb Robber."

"I don't know you!" I screamed. "Stay away from me!"

"Oh," Bakura smirked. "You never were afraid of me before… Possibly you have forgotten. Let me remind you..." He stepped closer to me.

I had to think fast… who was this Priestess he was talking about? Why did he think that I was her? Things got complicated all of a sudden…

"Who are you talking about?" I asked, backing up. I looked around the café. Wait… I wasn't at the café! Somehow I had gotten to an alley in the most dangerous part of Domino.

"You," Bakura said simply. "You, Priestess. As soon as you regain your memory, we can-"

"Maybe I'm her reincarnation," I interrupted, backing up even farther. "It seems that time has eroded your memory… you don't even remember who you are yourself."

Bakura's face darkened. "Don't speak to me that way!" he hissed. "I may have forgotten about some of my life in Egypt, but I still remember most of it!"

"What do you want?" I whimpered, backing up even farther. I didn't know what Bakura was planning to do, whatever it was didn't seem to be good.

"I just want to remind you of who you are," Bakura replied.

"Stop!" I heard a voice yell. Both our heads turned to see a person standing at the mouth of the alley. I breathed a sigh of relief. Kai! "What do you think you're doing?" Kai yelled, storming up to Bakura.

"I see the Priestess has a friend," Bakura sneered. "Unlike the last time we met…"

"Stay away from her!" Kai stormed. "She's done nothing to you! What are you doing to her?"

"Oh," Bakura smirked. "But she has something of mine."

"I don't even know you!" I yelled. "Why would I have something of yours?" Bakura paid no attention. He glared at Kai.

"I have every right to send you to the Shadow Realm," Bakura sneered. "And as a matter of fact, I think I will, unless the Priestess does what I want her to do..." He held his hand out in front of him. "MIND CR-"

"STOP!" I yelled. Bakura turned toward me. "I'll do whatever you say… Just please don't hurt Kai…" It was fairly hard to keep tears from running down my face, but somehow I managed to.

"I see," Bakura smirked. "Hold out your hand."

"Saéka!" Kai yelled. "DON'T! Don't worry about me! Just don't pay any attention to this creep!"

"Unless you want your little friend to be sent to the Shadow Realm," Bakura sneered. "I suggest you have him leave right now."

"Go," I whispered to Kai. Kai looked shocked, as if he couldn't believe that I was actually listening to what Bakura was saying.

"Saéka," he whispered.

"GO!" I yelled. "DO YOU WANT TO LIVE OR NOT?" Kai stared at me for a minute.

"Just be careful," he whispered. "Please…" With a last look at me, he turned and walked slowly out of the alley.

As soon as he left, Bakura turned back toward me. "Now, Priestess," he said, menacingly. "Hold out your hand."

I obediently held out my hand, and Bakura pulled a knife out of a case hanging on his belt. I stared, horrified.

"Not to worry, Priestess," Bakura laughed. "This will only hurt for a little bit."

With that, he grabbed my hand and pointed the knife down at my neck. I couldn't believe that I had agreed to this… but I had to… To save Kai.

Bakura placed the tip gently down to my neck. I could barely see it, in all my fear. Bakura traced the knife down to my collar bones. The sharp metal tip was almost cutting into my skin. I held my breath. Bakura chuckled.

"No need to be afraid, Priestess," he laughed. He glanced at my left collar bone. "I see the mark has worn off. Well, I'll just have to do it again."

The blade cut down into my skin. I bit my lip to keep from screaming out. Who knew that being cut by a knife would hurt this much?

A few painful minutes later, Bakura pulled the knife away. I glanced at the blade. There was blood on it.

"All finished, Priestess," Bakura laughed. "There's no need to panic now, you're through with this."

"What did you do?" I asked, the incision still stinging.

"No need to panic," Bakura smirked. "You're through with the initiation."

He walked away, leaving me dumbfounded.

***`

I walked back into my hotel room. Blood was still pouring from the incision that Bakura had made. I still found it strange… what did he mean by initiation? And what had he carved into me?

I glanced into the mirror. There was no telling what he did… until I saw it for myself.

I looked at the incision. Bakura had caved a shape into the skin underneath my collar bone.

I looked closer at it. Even through all that blood, the shape was still clearly visible.

The Eye of Ra.

~~Yugi's POV~~

I walked around Battle City. Joey's first duel had been impressive, I had to admit that. How he defeated Espa Roba using a game of chance, that had been truly amazing.

I noticed Saéka walking past, her hand over her left collar bone.

~~Flashback~~

<Wasn't Joey's duel awesome?>

<<Yes, it was.>>

I noticed that Yami's mind seemed to be on something… what it was I had no clue.

<What's up?>

<<I sense that something is wrong… do you remember when you talked with Saéka earlier?>>

<Yeah, why?>

<<You do remember that you heard a threat from Marik…>>

<I wonder what that was all about… Saéka didn't seem so keen to talk about it.>

<<Yes…>>

In an instant, I felt like something was cutting into my right collar bone. It was tracing around in a shape… something I didn't expect.

"Yugi!" I heard a voice call. I turned around to face Téa.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked.

"Where's Saéka?" she asked, looking around.

"Dunno… last I saw her was earlier today, when she was watching Joey's duel with Espa Roba. She and Kai were yelling at each other for a while…"

"I see…" Téa said slowly. I wondered what was wrong with her. She had said that she didn't like Saéka much at all… she wasn't even willing to be her friend, which I'd found strange.

For as long as I'd known, Téa was always trying to make friends. She always wanted to be good friends with nearly every good person there was. What puzzled me is that Téa had said that she hated Saéka… why she wouldn't tell me.

So why was she looking for Saéka now?

"Yugi?" Téa asked. "Why are you friends with Saéka?"

"Dunno," I replied. I realized that I had never thought about this question in my life before. Why was I friends with her? "I guess… that it just sort of happened to be that way."

"There's nothing else?" she asked, sounding hopeful.

"Why do you ask?" I asked, suspicious.

"I just wanted to know…" she muttered. "Saéka's been getting on my nerves lately, always acting like she's the best person on the planet."

"Really?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "From where I see it, Saéka spends most of her time yelling at Kai."

<<Yugi…>>

<Yeah?>

<<I think that Téa might be jealous of Saéka.>> Yami sounded amused.

<WHAT?!?!>

<<It seems like she… it's quite hard to explain…>>

<Téa? Jealous? No way…> Was Yami out of his mind?

<<I heard that.>>
<YOU'RE LISTENING TO MY THOUGHTS AGAIN?!?!>
<<You're forgetting that our minds are connected. I can hear everything that you think.>>

<Oh… but will you try not to listen?>

<<I can't. The only thing that you can do is try not to think so loudly next time.>>

<WHADDYA MEAN I THINK LOUDLY?!?!>

Yami laughed.

"Yugi?" Téa asked, waving a hand in front of my face. "You in there?"

"Sorry," I said sheepishly. "I was talking to the spirit of the Millennium Puzzle."

<<So that's my new name, the Spirit of the Millennium Puzzle?>>

<Well, you are.>

<<…>>

Téa's face brightened up when she heard me say this. "Really? What were you guys talking about?"

"Saéka," I said simply. Téa's face darkened.

"Oh…"

When she said this, I felt like something was cutting into my left collar bone again. This time it felt like it was carving something…

I grabbed my shoulder.

<<Something wrong, Yugi?>>

<Yeah, I feel like something is carving into my shoulder… Do you feel it?>

<<No… I don't…>>

This was beyond strange. Usually Yami felt everything that I felt… but he couldn't feel this?

"What's up?" Téa asked.

"Nothing," I muttered.

"I'd better get going," Téa said, smiling. "I have to find Joey."

"Yeah…" I replied. Téa waved and left.

<What was with that?>

<<I'm not sure…>>

<Hm… something seems to be on Téa's mind…>

<<I can see that.>>

<But what is it?>

<<I'm not sure. I'm not a mind reader.>>
<You read my mind>

<<That's only because our minds are connected>>
<Oh yeah…>

<<Isn't that Saéka?>>

I turned to see Saéka walking by us, her hand over her left collar bone. It seemed to be in the exact spot that I had felt something carving into my left collar bone before… that was strange.

<<Is that blood?>>

"Saéka!" I called. She turned toward me.

"Hey!" she called. Yami was right… I could see blood flowing out through her fingers.

"What happened?" I asked, genuinely concerned.

"Um… I crashed into a pole," Saéka replied, not meeting my eyes.

"I didn't know a pole could make you bleed."

"…"

I could hear Yami laughing at the back of my mind.

<What's so funny?>

<<She's lying straight to your face, and you don't seem to realize it.>>

<SAÉKA LIED TO ME?!?!>>

<<Didn't you notice?>

"I've got to go," Saéka mumbled, walking away. I stared after her.

~~End Flashback~~

Saéka was clearly hiding something from me… I didn't know what though… what could it be?

~~Saéka's POV~~

I sat at the computer in the library, knowing that I should be out dueling.

"Priestess," I mumbled, trying to find something on what Bakura had said. What had he said about me being a priestess?

"Search found no results," the computer said. I stood up impatiently.

That was it. There was only one place left to go.

The Domino Museum.

***`

I looked into the museum at the many Egyptian artifacts. There had to be something on a `Priestess' here.

I noticed the basement door open. Hm… there seemed to be something down there… something was calling out to me.

I stepped down the stairs, knowing well enough that I was breaking museum rules. But who cared right now?

I stepped down there, and flicked on the lights.

There in front of me was a giant tablet, one with carvings on it. I looked closer.

Oh my god. That guy looked just like Yugi! And the other one… he looked just like Kaiba. And the guy that looked like Yugi… he had a pyramid around his neck that looked just like the Millennium Puzzle.

This carving was definitely from Egypt… I could tell that some of them were hieroglyphics.

There had to be some answers here… what did Bakura mean by Priestess? I mean, seriously?

"Priestess Leila," I heard a voice say behind me. I turned to see an Egyptian woman standing behind me.

"Who are you?" I asked, though I was sure that I had seen her somewhere before…

"I am Ishizu," the woman said. Ishizu… the name sounded familiar…

"Ishizu…" I repeated, trying to figure out where I had heard it before. I still wasn't sure… then it struck me. "You're the person that gave me the Winged Dragon of Ra card!"

"Indeed," Ishizu said. "I gave you that card two years ago, in hopes that someone of your status could keep it safe."

"What?" I said blankly. "Someone of my status? My hierarchy isn't even high enough to talk back to politicians!"

Ishizu sighed. "Perhaps you are not Priestess Leila… but her reincarnation."

"Who is this… Priestess Leila?" I asked, curious.

"The sister of a Tomb Robber that lived five thousand years ago."

"WHAT?!?!" I shouted. Ishizu glared at me, and I quieted down. "You think… that I'm the sister of a Tomb Robber?"

"I believe you are," Ishizu continued. "His name was not left down, but you must be Priestess Leila… you look so much like her."

"How do you know this?" I asked. "How do you know, if you didn't exist five thousand years ago?"

"My Millennium Necklace affords me certain powers," Ishizu said, touching her necklace. "You should be familiar with the powers of the Millennium Items if you truly are Priestess Leila."

"But I'm not…" I said, looking confused. There was something strange though…

What was that Bakura had said? Something about me not understanding why he chose to become a Tomb Robber.

As realization struck me, my eyes widened in horror.

(Meira: *annoyed* The definition that I found for the word `beta' doesn't make any sense the way you used it. I found `second in position.' What the hell?

Yami: *sigh* I'll leave you hanging… just like you always leave me hanging… and because you never let me read the chapters that you write. Like in The Heart of the Cards, you let GLTB read chapter 21 before you let me read it!

Meira: So? I haven't even posted up chapter twenty yet!

Yami: -.-`

Meira: I wonder how long this chapter is… Last chapter was 1,972 words long, let's see if I beat that… *counts words* OH MY GOD!!! THIS CHAPTER IS 2,445 WORDS LONG!!! Well… not including the Authoress Notes… But I made up for long Authoress Notes with a long chapter! ^-^

Yami: Good job! This is your longest chapter yet!

Meira: Ugh… took me three hours to write though… I knew I should have stopped before I said `The Eye of Ra,' but I just kept going and going and going… Now this chapter is so long… AND I WAS TRYING TO MAKE THE CHAPTERS LONGER THAN THE ONES BEFORE IT!!! Now I'm doomed…

Yami: -.-`

Meira: No questions for this chapter, though I do need to ask one thing…

Yami: And that would be…?

Meira: *grumbling darkly, muttering curses at the television* Never mind…

Yami: What's up?

Meira: Pokémon [which I do not own] today ruined my day… Togepi evolved into Togetic, and stayed in the Mirage Kingdom. What exactly was the point of all that? *glares at television*

Yami: Um… this is a Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic?

Meira: I KNOW!!!

Yami: All you readers… beware. Meira's in a bad mood… so if she all of a sudden decides to kill off a character or end a story… don't be mad…

Meira: *yelling incoherently at television*

Yami: And I think the episode of Yu-Gi-Oh today disappointed her too… it was mainly talking and no duels… pointless episode. Ah well… the Nightmare of Toon World is next week!

Meira: *typing on computer* Just calm down… throw all your anger into this Fic…

Yami: Erm… I think we'd better leave her alone now… before she decides to kill of somebody else… she' s already going to kill off-

Meira: YAMI!!! DON'T GIVE THE STORY AWAY!!!

Yami: *cowers* Please read and review!

Meira: This Fic took a really dark turn, and it's going to be even darker later. Yes, I mean it. It's going to get really dark. Should I up the rating?

And I hope you all like the name Leila… it took me three hours looking through a name book to find this name… ugh. What a perfectly good way to waste a Sunday afternoon…

And this was supposed to be a really dark chapter… but then I had to go and try to lighten the mood by putting in the part with Yugi and Yami… *bangs head against wall*)