Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ I Can't Live Without You ❯ I Can't Live Without You ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I Can't Live Without You

We enter the scene with Saliva's "Always" playing on repeat. Ryou has a pistol in his hands and it is pointed at Bakura. There is a pause and the song starts over again. Ryou starts singing along to the song.

~~I hear a voice say `Don't be so blind' ~~

Ryou interrupts the song saying, "That voice of course is you, my yami; the spirit of this confounded ring I wear. You are always telling me such things. Don't be so blind, don't be so stupid, don't be so naïve. You tell me such things as that." Then when the song loops around to start again he starts singing again.

~~It's telling me all these things that you would probably hide. ~~

He begins again, "Though he might not be hiding anything. Of course you, my yami tells me not be so naïve when, I think that. Though I do have a feeling he is hiding something, otherwise he would answer some of the questions asked of him instead of edging around them. That is all right for him to have secrets like of that sort, after all he isn't the only one with secrets. Like he isn't the only one I am in love with. Yami, you probably didn't know that though, I probably would have gotten a beating for it if you had found out. For it is you that I am in love with as well, and you are correct, I am a coward. Neither of the people I am in love with knows that I am. I am afraid of the consequences of their knowledge of that fact. Until now, now you know." By this time the song has started up again.

~~Am I your one and only desire? Am I the reason you breathe? Or am I the reason you cry? ~~

"I know you, my yami is the reason that I breathe and cry, but the both of you are my one and only desires. ~Always, always, always, always, always, always, always ~ you, my yami, will be my topmost desire. Even over my other desire, my other love. I do not think I am worthy enough for him anymore."

~~ I just can't live without you. I love you. I hate you. I can't get around you. ~~

"For you are a part of me, as much as you or I hate it."

~~I breathe you. I taste you. I can't live without you. ~~

"And I am seriously afraid to try to live without you. I think I forgot how to live without you."

~~I just can't take this life of solitude. ~~

"It is seriously amusing, sad, and horrible how alone you can be surrounded by people, friends or otherwise. Yes it is possible to lonely surrounded by your own friends, especially if you have a major secret that you keeping from them. My secret is you, Yami - you are my secret. They still think that you are in the shadow realm. I don't know why we keep it a secret. I suppose it is because you want it to be. I hate being alone, but I forgot what it is like to be not lonely. I am terribly scared and excited by the prospect and dream of not being lonely anymore."

~~I guess that I'm out the door, and I'm done with you. ~~

"But I have left to only come back, for I could never truly be done with you. I still leave myself with that delusional hope that you might someday care for me like I care for you."

~~I feel like you don't want me around. ~~

"Feel? Damn it, I know. You do tell me often enough that you would be better off without me. I'd kill myself just you happy but like I have said, `I am coward.' I am scared of killing myself, or else I would have done so already."

~~Guess I'll pack up all my things, I guess I'll see you around. ~~

"But I can never seem to leave, why?"

~~It's all been bottled up until now. ~~

"It is all coming out now and I don't think I can or want to stop it. I am sorry, though at the same time I am not. I think I have finally lost it. I have snapped. It is official now."

~~As I walk out your door, all I hear is the sound of always. ~~

"~Always, always, always, always, always, always ~ I shall always return to you. I have nothing else."

~~I just can't live without you. I love you. I hate you. I can't get around you. I breathe you. I taste you. I can't live without you. ~~

"I guess that shows not everything about me is passive. I feel these feelings so intensely that it hurts. Is this all I am destined for?"

~~I just can't take anymore this life of solitude. I guess that I'm out the door and that I'm done with you. ~~

"I have attempted to leave and I always come back. I must bloody well love the abuse that you give me, otherwise I would have never returned or thought of coming back. Maybe you are correct I do deserve what you give me."

~~I wrap my head around your heart. ~~

"Where else could my head be? Maybe that is why my thoughts are so muddled and it hurts to feel."

~~Why would you tear my world apart? ~~

"Does my pain amuse that much? Is your life so boring that you must always pick on me? Do you even know how much I love you? Do even realize what I would do for you? The question should be what would I not do for you? ~Always, always, always, always ~ I love you."

~~I see the blood all over your hands. ~~

"Who did you kill this time, my yami? Do I even want to know anymore? This will finally all end."

~~Does it make you feel more like a man? ~~

"No, I won't stop yelling at you."

~~Was it all just a part of your plan? ~~

"What else do you have planned in that megalomaniac, scheming brain of yours? I will repeat myself; think I finally have lost it Yami."

~~The pistol shaking in my hands and all I hear is the sound. I love you. I hate you. I can't get around you. I breathe you. I taste you. I can't live without you. I just can't take anymore of this life of solitude. I guess that I'm out the door and that I'm done with you. ~~

"Though it is silly for me to think that I will ever be done with you or that I could ever leave. As long as I am alive you will be there to torment me. You will always find me or I will always come back to you."

~~I love you. I hate you. I can't live without you. I love you. I hate you. I can't live without you. I can't take anymore this life of solitude. I pick myself off the floor and now I'm done with you. ~~

"There is only one way to ever be done with you. As I raise this gun to my head, I want you to know that I love you. ~ Always, always, always. ~ You did wonder why I would always listen to that song. It reminds me of us. Good-bye Yami."

Disclaimer: I do not own Saliva's song, nor do I own Yu-gi-oh.