Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ IMMORTALITY ❯ Immortality ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Immortality

I do not own the rights to Yu-Gi-Oh, nor do I own the rights to the Gibb Brothers/ Celine Dion song Immortality. The lyrics to this song hit me one day and had a strong urge to write a story to the song.This story takes place during the Battle City Tournament, and Yami is restless and is thinking of his past, present, and of his fears of his future.

* Yami's POV *

It has been over a year now, since this boy unlocked the power of the puzzle. Now the road a head of us is more dangerous than I could have ever imagined. In spirit form, I guide him through duels. He allows me go take over when things get sticky. Strange powers lie inside me. I am spirit, yet not. I can touch and feel; though I have no body.

He is sleeping now, so innocently. His taste in music is strange to me. When he sleeps, sometimes he'll listen to music. The thing he calls a CD player is now turning out a new song. The lyrics hit me strangely:

So this is who I am,

And this is all I know

And I must choose to live

For all that I can give

The spark that makes the power grow.

I look over the sleeping boy again. He stirs in his sleep, but doesn't wake. Does he think of us when this song plays?

And I will stand for my dream if I can

Symbol of my faith in who I am

But you are my only

And I must follow on the road that

Lies ahead.

And I won't let my heart control my head

But you are my only

And we don't say good bye

And I know what I've got to be

I lay back against the wall, the power of the words of this song hitting me. I reach out my hand and the case to this disc comes to me. Celine Dion. This song almost predates Yugi completing the puzzle. Yet these lyrics amaze me. It's almost if she's talking about me, and the Millenium Puzzle. The turn of events before Battle City are real to me now.

Immortality

I make my journey through eternity

I keep the memory of you and me inside.

Though Yugi's only fifteen, I have to keep reminding myself, he still is a child. I sometimes feel bad about the situations we've been in. I nearly lost him when we dueled Pegasus. What would have happened if he'd died fighting for his friends? Would I be destined to live his life, to continue on without him? No, he couldn't die. Every day for over 5,000 years I've been faced with this child's face, but not who he is. He is the one who's to inherit my powers. Malik thinks he's the one, he wrong.

Fulfil your destiny

Is there within the child

My storm will never end

My fate is like the wind

The king of hearts, the jokers wild

But we don't say good bye

I'll make them remember

For I have found a dream that must come true

Every ounce of me must see it through

But you are my only

I'm sorry I don't have a role for love

Hand over my heart I'll find my way

I will make them give to me

I realize now, I love this child. What became of my infant son? I never got to know him, for I gave my life to save this world. I'd gladly give my last bit if energy to save it again if I have to, but THIS child must not be harmed. I have to protect him.

What's going to happen when we unlock the powers of the puzzle, will I simply fade into non-existence? Will I still continue to guide Yugi? Will I become myself again, complete with body?

Immortality

There is a vision and a fire in me

I keep the memory of you and me inside

And we don't say good bye

We don't say good bye

With all my love for you

And what else we may do

We don't say good bye

I hear a sound behind me. I turn to see Yugi sitting up in bed. His eyes are misted over, as I feel mine are. I go over to him and hold him.

This is his destiny, my dream. Together we'll free the world of these evil powers. Whatever happens, we are a team.