Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Mariku's Christmas Wish ❯ Makura ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Marik quickly hurried downstairs to talk to Mariku and see what was wrong. Mariku sat there on the couch rubbing their pet cat Makura. She was a beautiful cat she had black fur and white paws and a white chest with little white specks on her face. Makura looked up at Mariku with her big green sad emerald eyes. She rubbed her head against Mariku's hand trying to comfort him she knew something was wrong. Marik stood at the end of the stairs watching them. Mariku picked up Makura and placed her on his lap. He wrapped his arms around her and snuggled his face into her fur. Makura purred softly and rubbed her head against Mariku's. A few tears stared to slip down Mariku's cheeks. They landed on Makura's head and she winced as they dripped down her face.

"I'll miss you Makura…this year I won't come back…" Mariku said softly.

Makura looked up at Mariku as she knew what he said, but all she did was snuggle closer to Mariku purring softly. Mariku patted Makura on the head. He stood up and walked towards the kitchen smelling the wonderful smell of hot chocolate and blueberry pancakes. The smell led him to the kitchen where he saw Isis reading the paper and Marissa trying to get a pancake off the ceiling guess she flipped it just a little to high. Mariku chuckled at that. Marissa was standing on a chair with a spatula trying to scrap the pancake off the ceiling she was muttering curses under her breathe.

"Well morning Mariku…oh don't ask about the pancake.." Marissa said.

"Heheh I won't seems like you had trouble making breakfast this morning" Mariku laughed.

"Well if I had a little help" She gave Isis a glare.

Isis just rolled her eyes.

"Well I'm trying to read the paper" Isis said irritated.

"YOU HAVE BEEN READING THAT SAME PAGE FOR ALMOST AN HOUR!!!" Marissa screamed.

"What are you talking about…… no I haven't" Isis realized that she had and just stared down.

Marissa went back trying to get the pancake off the ceiling. Isis went back to reading the same page yet again. Mariku yawned. He stared around. Mabye this was the last time he would be with his so called family. He always felt like he didn't belong to this family. He was Marik's Yami not a brother or really related . He was nothing and this was not his family, that is why Mariku leaves when it nears Christmas time. He wanders the streets in the ice cold winds and snow. He admires the snow and the way winter seems to be peaceful and quiet like the world seems to stop and rest for just a moment and forget about all it's trouble's. Mariku doesn't care about the presents or the plethora amount of food all he cares about is he wants to belong somewhere. Mariku was snapped outta his thoughts when he felt something plop on his head. Marissa has a guilty look on her face and she was whistling innocently.

"I didn't do anything what are you talking about?" Marissa said innocently while looking around.

"Sure right I really believe you" Mariku started to pull out the sticky pancake outta his hair.

"Uhh I think you better take a shower it might come out that way" Marissa said.

"Yeah that might work" Mariku was still trying to yanked the pancake out of his hair.

Mariku got up and headed towards the bathroom. He saw Marik on the stairs sitting down on one of the steps holding Makura. Marik looked up at his Yami with sad eyes he almost looked like he was crying. Mariku stared into Marik's lavender eyes they were filled with so much sorrow.

Mariku couldn't tear his eyes away. Marik let out a sigh and a tear slipped down his face. Mariku finally looked away and headed upstairs pass Marik.

"Yami why won't you come back?" Marik said sadly.

Mariku realized Marik heard him talking to Makura. He didn't want his Hikari to know that he would leave for good and what the reason was.

"Don't worry" Mariku said quietly as he passed Marik and headed towards the shower.

All Marik could do was watch Mariku walked upstairs out of sight.

"Why would he leave?" Marik asked Makura.

Makura looked up at Marik sadly.

"I don't know why he always seems to leave" Marik went back to petting Makura and tried to forget about his Yami's words.

Well there's chapter 2 give me more reviews and I'll write more.