Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Midnight Love Affair ❯ IX ( Chapter 9 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Midnight Love Affair
By: Akiko
 
Chapter IX
 
Disclaimer: I do not, under any circumstances own any of these characters, but the story idea itself does belong to me.
Yu-Gi-Oh Characters
© Kazuki Takahashi
Story © Akiko
 
Seth sighed and stood on the balcony, his hands resting on the railing and looked out at the horizon, a few loose strands of his hair slipping softly into his face as a light breeze blew past his face. “Until dawn, huh?” he asked and closed his eyes, shaking his head. “Why am I even considering not getting him back?”
 
He pushed himself away from the balcony and walked out of the room, down the hall and finally made his way out of the palace and walked through the gates, knowing there was no one who was going to question where he was going, considering everyone was too busy looking for the pharaoh.
 
He stepped into the town and looked around, then closed his eyes for a moment and then finally reopened them and headed further into town, and towards a much darker area of it. He knew where he was going, and he knew Bakura would be waiting for him to come so there was no need to worry about not making it in time to save the pharaoh.
 
He stopped once more, glancing around the area, feeling the need to be on guard. Everyone knew the pharaoh's priests and more so knew who he was considering he was always at the pharaoh's side. Releasing a sigh from his lips he continued onwards, only to stop dead and spin around sharply, getting slammed up against a wall by an unknown thief.
 
“Lookie who's wandered too far away from his lil kingdom; it's the high priest Seth,” the man chuckled, slipping a dagger out and getting about ready to slam the blade into Seth's shoulder, only for the priest to knee him in the gut and slip from his grasp, shoving the brute forward so his head was rammed into the stone wall.
 
“I recall giving you permission to touch me,” he sneered at the unconscious mugger and then looked around some more with his ice blue eyes. “At least I know I'm in the right part of town,” he sighed and continued to walk, keeping an eye out for any sign of Bakura.
 
“I'll give you credit, you can even take on some of the more brute force thieves,” came the familiar tone that caused the priest to stop dead and then whip around quickly. His cold blue eyes fell upon the king of thieves sitting on the edge of a roof.
 
“All right, I'm here, you can let Pharaoh Atemu go now,” Seth spoke calmly now, a few strands of his auburn hair in his face.
 
“Aht, not quite yet, Priest,” the bandit smirked and jumped from the roof, landing perfectly on the ground. “Once I know I have you for sure in my grasp I'm not releasing him just yet,” he commented and started to walk down the alley, then paused and looked back at Seth. “If you want to see your Pharaoh and save him I suggest you follow me,” he informed him and continued to walk.
 
Seth blinked and then sighed, glancing around once more and then followed silently after the bandit, watching his surroundings closely and then pausing when he watched Bakura enter a house, then followed him inside.
 
“Seth!!” shouted Atemu, his violet eyes wide with shock and worry as he spotted Seth, looking scared and relieved at the same time.
 
The priest waited for no permission and was quickly by Atemu's side, untying his wrists from the ropes, blinking when he noticed the blood. “Pharaoh, you're bleeding,” he commented, gaining Bakura's attention as well with this statement.
 
Atemu blinked and then held his wrists, smiling a bit. “No, it's nothing, don't worry about it. It's just from trying to get my wrists free, that's all,” he laughed a bit and then wrapped his arms around Seth's neck, hugging the priest and closing his eyes. “How did…?”
 
“All you need to know if you'll be going back into the palace on your own, my pharaoh,” Seth spoke gently, wrapping an arm around Atemu and standing up with him, which caused the ruler to release him.
 
“My own? What do you mean?”
 
“It means your pretty little priest is mine for the time being,” Bakura smirked as he watched the two, his expression darkening a bit when he noticed the violet eyes watching him. “Oh, don't worry, you'll get him back. Can't say he'll be the same when I do decide I'm through, but you'll get him back,” he laughed a bit.
 
Atemu took in a quick breath of air and looked at Seth. “What is he talking about Seth?!” he almost shouted out, his hands grasping the priest's robes lightly.
 
Seth shook his head, placing his hands on the pharaoh's shoulders. “It's nothing for you to worry about, Pharaoh Atemu, what's important now is--”
 
“It is something for me to worry about!” Atemu shouted out suddenly.
 
Seth blinked and then smiled softly, brushing a hand over Atemu's cheek. “I'll be fine, don't worry. It's just a small trade for now. It was either that or the kingdom might've lost you and as much as I've been trained for it I can't take over being the pharaoh of something were to happen, let alone knowing I could've stopped it,” Seth explained. “I'll be back.”
 
Atemu shook his head and looked over at Bakura. “I demand he be released from whatever bargain you two made!”
 
“Not a chance,” Bakura growled. “I came too far to give this treasure up. I told you that you'd get him back, alive let alone too. Be glad I decided I'd give him back at all.”
 
Seth sighed and looked over at Bakura. “At least allow me to take my Pharaoh to the safety of the town where the guards shall find him and take him back to the palace…”
 
“Fine, but I'll be following. I don't trust you to not run away at the first chance,” Bakura muttered and slipped out of his chair, following the two out.
 
The three walked from the alley and back into the town, Seth being sure to keep out of sight from any of the guards, not wanting to cause any trouble, knowing Atemu might end up hurt if anything were to happen.
 
“Seth…” Atemu tried to plead with his priest; grabbing his robes once more and looking up with him with the eyes he knew his childhood friend had never refused before.
 
“Atemu, don't… I can't, for your own safety I cannot break this bargain that I made with Bakura; I will be back, so don't worry,” Seth smiled gently.
 
“But--!” was all the pharaoh could get out before his priest snatched his lips in a deep kiss, pulling the pharaoh close to his own body, and arm around his waist and his other hand taking one of Atemu's and lacing their fingers together. After a few moments Seth finally broke the kiss and released Atemu.
 
“I'll be back, I promise, Pharaoh Atemu,” Seth almost whispered to the pharaoh. “I've yet to break a promise to you and I'm not about to do so,” he smiled softly.
 
“Seth…” Atemu whispered. “Seth I…”
 
“You can tell me later, Pharaoh Atemu,” Seth quickly cut him off before he could finish, not wanting to hear what he had to say at the moment, scared it was a confession of the pharaoh's feelings for him and lightly shoved him out of the alleyway and in front of a guard who caught him quickly.
 
Seth vanished back into the darkness, standing there silently with Bakura as the guard looked into the alleyway, the pharaoh behind him, not being allowed to go forward into the darkness and then watched as the guards led the pharaoh back to the palace.
 
His ice blue eyes shifted to Bakura's russet colored eyes and grew cold and emotionless rather easily. “There,” was all he said and followed Bakura back to the house, not putting up much of a fight as shackles were placed around his wrists, being chained to a wall, a bed in front of the wall he was chained too.
 
“What a perfect little pet you'll be,” Bakura smirked evilly, snatching Seth's chin roughly and pulling the priest into a rough and lust-filled kiss.